Disney Movies To Get In The Mood

kennezgirl

Mouseketeer
We are getting ready to start a bi-weekly Disney video countdown celebration. This will give us time to watch 10 movies. My kids, my mother, DH and I are the ones going on the trip. Not everyone has seen all of the movies that are emphasized at the parks. No need to watch the "princess" ones because with all four of my kids being girls we have definitely seen those. I can definitely say that "Alice in Wonderland" will be on the list because it was/is my favorite, since I was a little girl.
What ones do you guys recommend?

We tried doing that, didn't work for us. But some of my favs: Jungle Book, Mary Poppins, Snow White, and Song of the South.

How about Toy Story, Nemo or Alladin.

I have been doing the same thing even though my kids LOVE Disney. It's putting me in the mood too!

I would highly recommend Mary Poppins. We rented that last week and I am still singing the songs. Mykids loved it and they're only 2(almost 3) and 4.

My daughter also liked Lady and the Tramp and wants to watch 101 Dalmations.

There's so much Lion King stuff in the parks, so that would be a good one to see before a trip. Peter Pan is another good choice that hasn't been mentioned yet.

I would also recommend Beauty and the Beast since it'smy favorite, but you already said you've already seen all the "princess movies". ;)

Snow White (gotta go with the original ;) ), Peter Pan, Beauty & the Beast, 101 Dalmations, Lion King and Lady and the Tramp...those always get me all Disneyish! Also, I love Alice, one of my favs

I love all the ones others have already said, but another fav. of mine is Lilo & Stitch( you will be seeing a lot of Stitch)!

We watched Eddie Murphy's haunted mansion movie last week before our trip, since that ride is a favorite of ours! We also watched the new Lilo and Stitch movie.

How about the sing-alongs? We have a few of those, and my girls love watching those. One of our favorite movies is the Tower of Terror.

Peter Pan, Lion King, the original Winnie the Pooh (with blustery day and the Great flood), Toy Story, and, if you can find it, Song of the South (we found it at our library). Also, if you found a compilation video of all the old disney shorts with Chip and Dale, Donald, Goofy, and of course, Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto that could make a good evening (we found some of these at the public library too). Great idea and have fun watching!

Here's some movies that are tied with attractions:
MK:
Swiss Family Robinson (live action made in 70's)
Aladdin
Pirates of the Caribbean ("Yo ho, Yo ho, Johnny Depp's for Me!")
Country Bears (not a great movie but my daughter enjoyed it)
Tom Sawyer (I know Disney made a live action in the 70's)
The Haunted Mansion
Peter Pan
Fantasia
Any Winnie the Pooh (I love the Blustery day)
Dumbo
Alice in Wonderland
The Goofy Movie (it's actually pretty decent)
Toy Story 1 and/or 2
Lilo and Stitch
The Sword in the Stone
EPCOT:
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
Finding Nemo
AK:
A Bug's Life
Lion King and/or Lion King 2 (Or my favorite Lion King 1 1/2)
Pocahontas
Brother Bear
Jungle Book
Dinosaur
Tarzan
MGM:
Tower of Terror(Disney made a movie based on ride or get some originals)
The Wizard of Oz
Raiders of Lost Ark
Star Wars (I prefer the first 3 to the newer ones)
The Muppet Movie

That's all I can think that directly relate to rides. You could get "The Hunchback of Norte Dame" to relate to France; "Mulan" for China..
One of my favorites of all time "Freaky Friday"... The 70's and Newer version rock!!

Hope that helps

Robin :earsgirl:

I viewed "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" with my kids before we left so that they would be able to relate to the 3D movie in Epcot (and also because I remembered it was quite funny).

Thank you so much everyone. Now I can get our list together. Have to say though, that I have never heard of Song of the South. When was it made?

Cool idea, we do it too :)

I know some I WILL NOT watch because they make me cry, not get me excited about my trip. These include:

Lilo and Stitch (love the movie, just have to skip a few parts)
Hunchback of Notre Dame
The Fox and the Hound (no explanation needed there)
Lady and the Tramp (the scene w/ Trusty- I am a MESS, also the dog pound scenes)

Just something to keep in mind :)

kennezgirl said:
We are getting ready to start a bi-weekly Disney video countdown celebration. This will give us time to watch 10 movies. My kids, my mother, DH and I are the ones going on the trip. Not everyone has seen all of the movies that are emphasized at the parks. No need to watch the "princess" ones because with all four of my kids being girls we have definitely seen those. I can definitely say that "Alice in Wonderland" will be on the list because it was/is my favorite, since I was a little girl.
What ones do you guys recommend?

Johnny Tremaine was just released in August. It's a good one to watch to get ready for Liberty Square. There is even a song about the Liberty Tree in it.

We're doing the 'Disney Movie Countdown to WDW' too! :cool1:

When we get to 11 months until our trip (November) we are going to eat at a local restaurant that represents one of the countries in World Showcase. We are going to start with Mexico and work our way around to Canada. Some of the countries will be a challege (Norway anyone :confused3 ). Then when we get home we are going to watch a Disney movie. We'll watch movies that represent the attraction/resorts we love.

Magic Kingdom:
* Haunted Mansion
* Pirates of the Caribbean
* Peter Pan
* Aladdin
* Fantasia (Philharmagic)
* Cinderella (CRT breakfast)

EPCOT:
* Finding Nemo (Living Seas)

Disney Studios:
* Beauty & the Beast
* Tower of Terror

Animal Kingdom:
* Lion King

Polynesian:
* Lilo & Stitch

Hopefully it will make the trip to WDW seem to get here faster! :hourglass

Debbie

my DGF got me the Walt Disney Treasures DVD set of Mickey Mouse. Its really fun. They have all the old black and whites from the early days... 20's 30's. Its fun to watch because even though its a DVD, it has the lines and blemishes on the film. The corners are also rounded. It really makes it feel like you are watching it in the movies like they would have been in the 20's/30's.
Your kids may be too young to like it, but maybe you will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter