Disney Movie Rewards....

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
HEADS UP!

The Rewards site has the Disney Gift Cards available again. I've been checking for a few months as I had enough points to redeem for the $10 GC. But every time I checked it said, "Not Available at This Time" (or something similar)
Randomly checked today and there it was! Redeemed! Cha-Ching! $10 more toward our Sept trip!

Anyone notice it now say "Limit 4 redemptions per member" under the $10 Disney Gift Card reward, $10 movie ticket reward and $10 Starbucks Reward?? I tried redeeming for the $10 Gift Card and it's giving me an error: "Sorry, you have already redeemed this reward the maximum number of times. Please choose another reward."

I ordered 7 of them last year and now it won't even let me order 1 because I've apparently exceeded the new lifetime max. The benefits of DMR are decreasing more and more ...

I haven't been a member of the Movie Rewards program long enough to redeem four Disney GC yet and by the time I joined the limit of 4 was already in place. But I do remember reading that the limit is a relatively new thing... used to be no limit I guess.
I am wondering if you cancel your membership, wait, then sign up again... maybe under your husband's name (or adult child or other family member) with a different email address associated with the new account.... If you could do this, you would get a fresh set of 4 GC's with the new membership.
Has anyone tried this?

I was thinking about that too re: signing up for a new account but then I can't transfer my current account and it would take a while before I would get enough to redeem that 1st card. I was wondering, too if they would catch it by mailing address. I know they've been cracking down about "duplicate" accounts and they're actively searching for them. It's a shame because it used to be a much more customer-friendly program and a great way to help save for trips and merchandise.

Anyone notice it now say "Limit 4 redemptions per member" under the $10 Disney Gift Card reward, $10 movie ticket reward and $10 Starbucks Reward?? I tried redeeming for the $10 Gift Card and it's giving me an error: "Sorry, you have already redeemed this reward the maximum number of times. Please choose another reward."

I ordered 7 of them last year and now it won't even let me order 1 because I've apparently exceeded the new lifetime max. The benefits of DMR are decreasing more and more ...
Yup, it stinks. I redeemed for 4 of them in 2014 and now I'm not allowed any more since they imposed the lifetime maximum. I also got a $20 GC (for only 750 points!) in 2011. I was saving up my points to get another GC, and now I'm sitting on 1100 points that I have to find another use for. That said:

Has anyone redeemed for the $10 Movie Certificate and can tell me if there is a list of participating theaters on it? On the site it says you must bring the printed certificate to the participating theater box office to redeem, but there is no link to a list of participating theaters. We have a few different major chains here, so I'd like to assume at least one of them will be participating, but you know what they say about assumptions...

The $10 Disney Gift Card has been "out of stock" on the Rewards site for a while now. The last time I was able to redeem for this was in Feb! (I know I've not yet reached the limit of 4 redemptions for this.)

Any estimates as to how long they are usually "out of stock"?

Little bit off topic. I'm sorry
But I was looking for a list today. Something that shows title and reward points for the movie.
Any ideas where one is?
I tried the rewards site

If this helps this is what came up in my points history. It looks like 100 for DVDs and 150 for the combo packs.

upload_2016-8-22_17-30-40.png

While on thread, can someone tell me how long it takes to ship and how they ship giftcards? I am looking into getting two of the Starbucks ones for my trip in about 3.5 weeks. I haven't ordered any gift cards from there in a very long time.

I ordered a Starbucks card over the weekend and it said it would take "2-4 weeks or maybe sooner" to arrive.

Disney Movie Rewards site has Disney gift cards available again. They have the usual $10 ones and some new Finding Dory $5 gift cards, too.

Disney Movie Rewards site has Disney gift cards available again. They have the usual $10 ones and some new Finding Dory $5 gift cards, too.
I got tired of waiting for the Disney cards to come back so I got Starbucks. We leave tomorrow for DLR and will use the Starbucks card, but it would've been nice to get the Dory card ;)

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a DMR gift card?
I have enough points to get $80 worth, but I see here $40 is the max which seems dumb but whatever.
I want to get what I can for a July 4th trip.
TIA

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a DMR gift card?
I have enough points to get $80 worth, but I see here $40 is the max which seems dumb but whatever.
I want to get what I can for a July 4th trip.
TIA

It takes a few weeks. You can get more than a single denomination. There are often $5 cards of varying types (Star Wars, Finding Dory). Those cards usually have a 2 card maximum, but it will help you get closer to the $80 if you redeem for those as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter