Disney Movie Club... Should I do it?

perkinsrose

Sugar Spoon-fuller
I think it says I have to order 5 movies at reg. prices within 2 years.
Anyone do this?

Can I cancel if I order my 5 movies before the 2 years is up?

I'm trying to find a cheaper way to replace some of my VHSs that I'm finally dumping...

I figure likely there will be at least a few new releases I would order even if I pay a few dollars more thru them, it may balance out between the few I get for free for signing up.

Any catches that anyone has found?

I do this and I definitely find it worth it! I love Disney movies, and want to have them all. I also collect the Disney Movie Rewards points, and this is a fast way to get them. I want to have all the movies, and the prices this way are definitely cheaper than buying one at a time at Target, or somewhere else. Once you get the five movies you need to get, you can just decline every movie after that. And, you just have to get five of the offered ones, you don't have to get all of them. They make it easy to decline or accept too. They send an email saying "this is the pick this month. Do you want it?" and just click yes or no.

I didn't know about the monthly movie that automatically gets billed to you if you don't catch the e-mail. I don't check my e-mail often. Ended up with like four duplicates of movies I wasn't that jazzed about to begin with. Do not recommend it.

Well, yea, as with everything involving money definitely check the terms and conditions. They make them easy to find and easy to read on the site. :)

So I ended up holding off on signing up for now.

I checked prices on DISNEYstore.com--almost bought a few there but actually found many cheaper (new) on amazon.com.
There are just 3 that are "in the vault" and were released years ago and not available right now ( unless I pay BIG BUCKS by independent sellers on AMAZON) but MAY be available on the movie rewards site/club plan but I will wait anyway on the club.

I was able to replace 6-8 VHS to DVD pretty reasonably thru amazon and will keep an eye out for those few remaining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter