Disney Mom Panel

Mine didn't mention other panels, just that they were exploring more concepts.

"Because of the incredible passion you and so many others have shown for Walt Disney World Resort®, we've been inspired to explore more concepts for programs -- beyond the Moms Panel -- to engage moms and dads like you who want to share their passion for the Parks. We plan to follow up with you in the near future with more details. "

Right, i think that is what antmaril meant.. But you are right,they didn't mention other panels per say...

Me too! I did receive the "Your Application Has Been Received!" e-mail after applying, but now I have not gotten any notice.

CONGRATS to all who made it to the next stage!!!

in the same boat.....just waiting for something!

Congrats to all who have made it-someone from our boards has just got to be one!!!:cool1:

I received the rejection e-mail last night which included the links to the stationary. I would have preferred a pin code :lmao:

Congratulations to those moving on to the next round!

I totally agree with you about the pin code. :thumbsup2

It wouldn't hurt to hand out 9988 pin codes. That's not such a big number. :laughing:
I'm just starting to look at the downloaded listmaker; it's cute so far.

I just reread my rejection email. It mentioned the possibility of looking into new panels and I would be contacted in the future. Did everyone get this same information?

I got my e-mail at 6:42 pm and I also got the same reply- possible other panels and may be contacted in the near future. That's exciting that they are thinking of other panels to create.

Rejected here too...........instead of virtual stationary, a one time pin code would have been great!! Wishful thinking.............geez, I have tears in my eyes for Pete's Sakes!!! I feel like I am 5!!

Oh my goodness, me too. Being rejected hit me very hard. Not that one expects to make it, but... certainly the hope is there :) I am so happy that some DIS'ers made it through though so we can all follow your progress through this process.

Congrats to those who made it to 2nd round. As an English teacher I'm really intrigued as to what the 2nd rounders wrote that captivated Disney's attention enough to make it to 2nd round? It's all very interesting how these contests work.

Ditto here (English/Journalism major.) I am curious what they were looking for too. My husband kept saying I was perfect for this - 3 kids, boys and girls, all different ages from baby up to 11 - we've stayed at every level of the resort from FW up to SSR, we go every year & stay on property - and I work at home as a telecommuter so I'm on the computer all the time anyway :) Plus, I write a weekly newspaper column. (I love to write!) I kept a copy of my entry as I enjoyed writing it so much. But I too would be curious what others wrote - if it wouldn't get them in trouble to share it! I certainly wouldn't want anyone to jeopardize their chances of getting on this wonderful panel.

Ditto here (English major.) I am curious what they were looking for too. My husband kept saying I was perfect for this - 3 kids, boys and girls, all different ages from baby up to 11 - we've stayed at every level of the resort from FW up to SSR - and I work at home as a telecommuter so I'm on the computer all the time anyway :) I kept a copy of my entry as I enjoyed writing it so much. But I too would be curious what others wrote - if it wouldn't get them in trouble to share it! I certainly wouldn't want anyone to jeopardize their chances of getting on this wonderful panel.

Same with me - we are DVC members who have stayed almost everywhere, eaten at every restaurant, visited in all 4 seasons, spend a minimum of 2 weeks there each year, 2 kids (DD4 and DS 3.5 months), etc. I've been thinking about it all night, and it's really got me wondering just exactly how Disney chose the 2nd rounders?

Tiger :)

I didn't get chosen either :sad2: and got the same letter posted about being contacted in the future with the stationary download. It looks like 3 Dissers so far have been picked! CONGRATUALTIONS!!!! Keep us posted please.

It's true, out of the 10,000 applicants, to have 3 of them right here at the DIS shows the caliber of people on these boards, doesn't it? :)

It's true, out of the 10,000 applicants, to have 3 of them right here at the DIS shows the caliber of people on these boards, doesn't it? :)

I am very conflicted by this - and it has nothing to do with the people who have been chosen for the 2nd round as I wish them well and tons o' fun! I didn't mention that I was a Disboard member as it should have no bearing on my application as anyone can be a member here. There is no one editing or assessing the info that is passed here - mods check for vulgar language, insults, etc. I am wondering if the ladies who have been chosen for the next round mentioned that they were Dis members? If they did, I am very surprised that this would be a criteria that was chosen for Disney since the Disboards would now be in direct competition with the new Moms Panel.

Just thinking aloud here - there are many people on the Dis who give out great info, but there are also many who don't give out great info and don't seem to play well with others, so I wonder what criteria Disney had in place to determine who made it to the next round - ages of children, number of times to WDW, country of residence, member of Internet message boards, etc.?
Tiger

A very good question. I did not mention DISboards or that I participated in any online Disney postings -- only that my friends and family constantly call on me to help plan their trips and maximize their budgets.

(Of course, I did not make the cut either, so YMMV.)

Hi, I am one of the lucky ones who made it to the next phase. After they have picked the finalists I am willing to share what I wrote in the 1st phase. I did not mention that I am a member of the DISboards.:)

Tabitha, truly, I am so excited for you, Karen, and Kim. Thanks for being willing to share, because we're all curious, I'm sure! I wish you the best of luck getting through to the next round. Interesting that you did not mention DISboards either. I was afraid that would be an automatic "no," even though the role requires messageboard-type posting. (And, over the years, I've posted both positive and negative things here at times -- [a bad experience on the Wonder a few years ago comes to mind] and while my posts were always honest, Disney might not want the brutally-honest stuff for this panel either.)

I wonder if once you join though, if you three will not be allowed to post here anymore. That would be a shame to lose you guys.

I actually did mention the DIS and Allears, and that I continually check them for updates about what is going on in the parks, what new things people are trying, and also what special events are like in every season. Even when I am not going down to WDW, I have many family members and friends that are so I like to keep abreast of changes in operating schedules and reviews of events etc.

Hmmmm... I don't think it had a bearing either way. I bet it was more about wording and the excitement in the application itself. I jotted mine off without really reviewing it.

2Goofykids:

Smart idea to lay a bit low until they pick their finalists...not reveal anything that may identify you ow what Disney's process was, as they don't want you giving away any Disney secrets!

I am so excited for you. Please keep us updated and let us know what happens! Congrats!

I wonder why some of us haven't received anything. I would rather get a rejection letter than wait like this. It seems there are quite a few of us who haven't heard. Good luck to all of you who are moving on to the next round. Make us PROUD girls!:cheer2:

I wonder why some of us haven't received anything. I would rather get a rejection letter than wait like this. It seems there are quite a few of us who haven't heard. Good luck to all of you who are moving on to the next round. Make us PROUD girls!:cheer2:

I am very happy for those who have made it and sad for those who did not, I am in the" no info yet" group. Good luck in the next round and keep us posted!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter