• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney merchandise prices DCL vs. on land

Four Bears

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me if the pricing of Disney merchandise (stuffed animals, T-shirts, kids jewelry) is the same on the ships as they are at Downtown Disney. I give my kids a specific amount of spending money and use it as a "teaching moment" for money management, budgeting, delaying self-gratification, etc.

We plan to cruise first and then will go to Downtown Disney before heading back the following day. I am not so concerned about DCL exclusive merchandise rather a stuffed Minnie Mouse or Princess Figurines.

I am assuming that the ship merchandise is more expensive for the same exact thing on land.

before thanksgiving and dw found a pink wind breaker she wanted.
of course she didnt git it.
after the cruise we met our 2 kids at wdw for a couple of days and she found the same jacket at dtd.
it was 30.00 more at dtd.
on the ship it had disney cruise line on it and at dtd it disney parks on it but it was the same jacket.
she was not happy.

Pins are the same prices. There is also no sales tax on the ships :)

Can anyone tell me if the pricing of Disney merchandise (stuffed animals, T-shirts, kids jewelry) is the same on the ships as they are at Downtown Disney. I give my kids a specific amount of spending money and use it as a "teaching moment" for money management, budgeting, delaying self-gratification, etc.

We plan to cruise first and then will go to Downtown Disney before heading back the following day. I am not so concerned about DCL exclusive merchandise rather a stuffed Minnie Mouse or Princess Figurines.

I am assuming that the ship merchandise is more expensive for the same exact thing on land.

Hit the Disney Character Outlet at the Outlet mall and save yourself half the price :) we've managed to get some amazing deals there. Last trip was brought back Disney Throw Blankets. Tag $64 price $9.99. V-nec white t-shirts for $2.99.
It may be last season stuff but we don't care. There lots of great deals there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter