Disney Marathon

u2gator

Earning My Ears
Hey all-

Just wanted to see who else was going and where everyone is staying. Started out at Movies for $99 a night. Disney bumped us down to $79 when rates were finalized and I just moved us to Music this week for $55 a night. Looking forward to the big run even if training hasn't gone exactly as planned.

U2gator
:wave2:

We're at the BCV. DH is running his third WDW Marathon. A little behind in training due to an injury, but catching up.

Anne

My DH is running his first WDW marathon (only his 2nd overall). We're staying at WL.

Must be something in the air :confused: - DH's training is slightly behind schedule too (just did his 20 mile run this evening!), but still going strong.

Colette

just call us the 'dodgy disers' - my knee's been taped up for a week and I currently can't go more than 5 miles without pain! Ahh the worst thing that can happen is I walk - I'm only going 13 miles anyway! anyway good luck everyone - say hi if you see me - I'll be the British sounding girl, wearing a green singlet with Cathy Pacific Half Marathon on it, lime socks and hopefully tigger ears.

We'll be there! Dh and I are running the full and will be staying at the WL lodge on Sat. We're staying in a condo the rest of the week with dd, ds, dm and df. This will be my 2nd and dh's 4th marathon. I'm looking forward to next week, that's for sure - taper is my favorite part of training :p

Heather

I'll be there for my first 1/2 marathon. We are staying at BWV from the 7th thru the 18th!

And I am falling behind on my training as well, not been feeling great lately & lazy!

Im not running but, I will be there at that time!! So dont forget your lime green ribbons!! (Ill have my Dis fannypack!!:) What day is the Marathon??
Good luck to all the Disers running!!
Oh yeah we will be at the GF.

but we are at the pop from the 10th to the 16th and the akl from the 16th to the 18th...good luck to all the runners!

The marathon is the 11th (Sunday). Forgot to say that DH is doing the Family Fun 5K and DS is doing the kids 400 yd dash on the 10th!

Not running, but will be staying at Pop Century 1/8-1/14 and will be watching the Marathon and cheering for you all!!

My DH will be running in his first marathon and we'll be there to support him of course!! We will be staying at WL. Our first time there! I'm so excited!:

woohoo!! Lot's of Dis-er's running!
I'll have to find some lime green socks or something. :D

I'm staying at the Poly, Jan 9-14. I'll be running the full marathon...did the 1/2 in 2000 (loved it); attempted the full last year, but didn't train well and then got bronchitis the week of the race, so I slogged through 1/2 and bailed out. So this year, I'm gonna get that Mickey Medal!!!
Training is "on schedule" for me...17 miles this past Sunday. Will likely do only one 20 miler (I'm slow, so there is limited benefit in trying to go much further than that due to recovery) before taper time!

I'll be wearing Texas flag shorts for the run (unless it's crazy cold like last year). Hoping for a PR!

Good luck!!!!!!!

:wave2: Hey there everyone! I'm doing the 1/2 marathon, and like many, I'm having mild knee issues, but I figure I only have 3 longer runs left , including the race! I'm up to 10 miles now, and I plan to do 11 this week. I'm not sure if I'll go up to 13 before the race. Don't know what I'm wearing yet...but I'll be the slower runner hoping not to keel over! (just kidding, there!) We are trying out the Contemprary this trip---we usually do the Poly in warmer weather. Hope everyone has a great race!

We'll be there limping along too! Life has just gotten in the way this time so all 4 of us are behind with training. We're just going to go with it though and have fun. Afterall, you still get a medal at the end and nobody has to know how badly I *reallly* did!

We'll be at OKW. DH and my sister's bf running the full. My sis and I running the half. Both DH & I have done the Disney marathon before but this will be the others first time. Looking forward to it!

Kristen :earsgirl:

We're not running but it will be our 1st time being there while the marathon is going on. DH has a coworker whose wife is running.

We will be at the PC from the 10-17th!!
can't wait! and hope it's warm! :sunny:

I'm only doing the half, and I'll be at the BWI from the 10th to the 15th.

Training is going well, but with 2 nor'easters in Massachusetts in the last 10 days the roads are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to dangerous to run on. My "solution" has been to run on the College's indoor track, 8 laps to the mile. On Saturday I did 11 miles, or 88 laps. To keep count, I changed direction every 10 laps.

When I tell this to my co-workers, they openly question my sanity. This is my first run at WDW, so I sure hope the event more than makes up for seeing the same scenery 88 times!

I'm not running, but I'll try to cheer all of you on!

We'll be at the BCV's from the 9th-18th.

To all of my fellow Ma. diser's going at this time, lets pray we don't get another Noreaster like we just had on the weekend we're leaving!!!! We're going to get to Logan....we're going to get to Logan....

:Pinkbounc

I'll be at PC from the 8th to the 13th, hopefully. My dad is running and right now he doesn't feel up to it so I don't know if we are going anymore :( .

:crazy:

My tenth my significant others first.....looking forward to it and the cruise to the Bahamas the day after. Not DCL unfortunately (my daughter would kill me if we went without her). Doing my 2nd 20 this weekend (Advanced racewalking schedule, thanks Dave McGovern) and successfully fundraised, again, for the Leukemia Society Team In Trainining program. Looking forward to seeing all of you there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter