Disney magical express from uk

mobile73

Earning My Ears
does anyone know whether if travelling from the UK we can get the yellow tags to have your luggage taken from the carousel to hotel without having to collect it?

Hi - we didn't get any tags when we went last year. You had to collect your bags from the carousel, and we ended up taking them with us right up to the bus.

If I remember correctly, there was info we received where we could leave the baggage at a Disney desk, where the luggage would be taken for us, but we didn't do this.

You won't get the tags. I'd take it with you it doesn't arrive for four hours which ends up pretty late after a UK flight sometimes.

They will collect your bags if you give them your baggage tags from the airline (the ones usually attached to your boarding pass at check in) when you get to the ME desk. However, as above, it's less hassle to just collect the bags yourself. If you are flying into MCO directly from the UK and not via a different US airport, you have to collect your bags after customs and immigration anyway. You will only have to collect them a second time if you can't manage them up the escalator to the monorail to the main terminal and use the second bag drop. It will add approximately 20 minutes to your wait this way, but that still beats waiting up to four hours for them to arrive at the resort.

I've not heard about yellow tags, but.... We are going a week Monday and intend to use the Disney Collect our bag service for the first time. It was hard work previously trekking luggage all the way through the airport so we didn't have to wait for a second carousel as that had previously taken ages! We only had one young child last time and this time we have two, so it's a no brainer!

We have planned to put in hand luggage though, a spare set of clothes and pyjamas and small toiletries for when we arrive at Disney as the others have said it could take up to 4 hours for clothes to arrive.

I can always update after my experience if you not going within the next week?

I would not be comfortable using the collect service, but that's just me

Coming from the UK you don't get the yellow tags, so dme workers won't be able to locate them unless they look at the individual luggage claim tags on every bag sitting on the baggage claim floor. And they could be sitting for quite a long time on that floor with anyone being able to take them and leave, or risk the bags be removed to lost&found

I suppose I'm too paranoid but I wouldn't risk it

I have to admit, like @chmurf I'm too paranoid to rely on a stranger finding my bags!

Having been on the end of a bag that didn't arrive on our holiday many years ago, I won't leave the airport until I have my luggage all present and accounted for wherever I am!

I've not heard about yellow tags, but.... We are going a week Monday and intend to use the Disney Collect our bag service for the first time. It was hard work previously trekking luggage all the way through the airport so we didn't have to wait for a second carousel as that had previously taken ages! We only had one young child last time and this time we have two, so it's a no brainer!

We have planned to put in hand luggage though, a spare set of clothes and pyjamas and small toiletries for when we arrive at Disney as the others have said it could take up to 4 hours for clothes to arrive.

I can always update after my experience if you not going within the next week?
Hi that would be really great if you could update on your experience. I also found it hard work dragging 4 suitcases through the airport but am equally nervous at relying on them to find the right tag.

Once you reach the main terminal you can get a cart (trolley) to help with your cases - there is a return point at the boarding for DME.

I would honestly do that rather than wait for Disney to deliver your luggage. Firstly it will go round in an open to the public part of the airport until Disney collect if then it can be 4 hours from resort check in to be delivered to your room.

If your flight lands at 3pm you are looking at 5-5.30pm before you check in to your resort which means it's going to 9pm before you get your luggage. To me that is too late - I can be unpacked and forgotten about it by then ;)

I was told that coming from the UK you had to collect your bags and take them to the ME check in desk and from there they could deliver them (up to 4 hours to reach your room), this would mean that you still need to get your bags to the main terminal. If this is not the case I would love to know for future trips

Hi... You dont have to leave your bags with ME check in, just carry them out to the DME the coach driver will load them on and off for you and then you will have all your bags with you at resort when you check in, we have always done it this way...

Hi that would be really great if you could update on your experience. I also found it hard work dragging 4 suitcases through the airport but am equally nervous at relying on them to find the right tag.

Hey, so we made it!

We collected our bags right after security, then went through security number two and put all our checked luggage back on the conveyer belt (right by the escalator up to the train to take you to main terminal).

We then went straight to DME desk and checked us all in and gave them the green sticky tabs which were on our boarding cards that match up with the airline luggage tags on our cases.

We arrived at our hotel, checked in and went to dump our hand luggage then went down to dinner at Sanaa. We must have been aprox an hour there having dinner. When we got back up to our rooms the luggage was all there ready and waiting for us.

Was so much easier and hassle free with a small child and a baby would recommend doing any day!

SianBeau thanks so much for that - really helpful and makes me feel a bit more confident! What time of day was this?

No problem, we got the virgin flight VS027 from gatwick, departs at 11.15 and I think we arrived somewhere between 3&4 pm local time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter