Disney Magic

DisneyQueen1320

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of booking a 4 day cruise on the Magic. Any reviews about deck 5 & 6 with a Verandah. Or we can book deck 2 with a porthole. Is it worth it to pay $300 more for a Verandah? This will be our first time on the Magic.

I never have had a window or porthole or anything in any cruise I've ever been on. We ended up getting a veranda on the Dream this month because that was all the was left. It was amazing! It was the best stateroom we had. And I did go out on it every single day at all different times. I actually snuck out and watched the sunrise and then went back to bed! (cant do that in an interior)

Not sure if I had a choice that I would insist on one... but man did we really did enjoy it!!!

Now my mom who likes to read a book, I dont think she would cruise without one. She loved it too, drinking tea and coffee on the veranda.

I'm thinking of booking a 4 day cruise on the Magic. Any reviews about deck 5 & 6 with a Verandah. Or we can book deck 2 with a porthole. Is it worth it to pay $300 more for a Verandah? This will be our first time on the Magic.

I am in the 'not a deck 2 fan' camp. Try for a Cat 10a secret porthole (forward on deck 5) or a secret verandah (cat 7a) on deck 6 or 7. We love room #6634!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Is it worth it to spend the extra $300? If you have the $ to spend, sure.

If not, where on Deck 2 would you be located? We've stayed in 2012 on Deck 2 on the Magic (just this past Thanksgiving) & it was NOISY @ night when trying to fall asleep. I hated that room! That being said, the noise never bothered my children or my husband, but it definitely bothered me. Low bass music noise coming from Deck 3. That was a Cat. 9C. I would not do a 9C if it is a forward stateroom on Deck 2 for fear of noise.

Having said that, when we went for Christmas, we were on Deck 2 again, only this time, in a 9B. We were mid to aft in our cabin assignments and this time, NO NOISE! We had cabins 2578 & 2580 and they were FANTASTIC! If you can get a 9B, I'd definitely do Deck 2.

HTHs! :thumbsup2

The problem with a verandah, is once you've had one, it's hard to cruise without one. We love stepping out for a breath of fresh air without having to get dressed to go up on deck. Also enjoy the privacy.

We love Deck 6 on the Magic with Verandah rooms - in fact, our favorite cabin is 6116 because it's located just forward of the aft elevators, three flights down from the pool deck and Topsiders, three flights up from the atrium and restaurants. Convenient to the movie theater, away from the hustle and bustle of midship, and no long long hallway to navigate down when you do go out of the cabin to wherever.

We love having a Verandah because it gives us a little extra space (we sail with four people in a cabin) and DH enjoys being out without having to go to another deck to be outdoors. We like to people-watch in the ports from the verandah, too.

The problem with a verandah, is once you've had one, it's hard to cruise without one. We love stepping out for a breath of fresh air without having to get dressed to go up on deck. Also enjoy the privacy.

Absolutely right! We had the inside stateroom our first two cruises & we went on the Dream which the verandah was cheaper. We can never stay in the inside room again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter