Disney Magic vs. Voyager of the Seas-Side by side comparison

Thank you so much for this post ::) My husband and I have sailed on DCL 3 times twice on Wonder once on Magic and we have just booked Voyager for September of this year. We were a little hesitant being DIe hard Disney fans and having sailed before on RCCL (but not Voyager Class) and not really liking the experience. I am very excited about the trip now and appreciate your review :)

Great comparison report!! We went on the Voyager of the Seas over Thanksgiving. We all enjoyed it so much we are going again in May when the kids get out of school..The food at Johnny Rocket's is free but the drinks are not..We paid for our Milkshakes but well worth the cost.. I have to say my kids enjoyed the program on VOS better than DCL but then again they have been on 3 Disney cruises and the children's program has stayed the same. Also the ice skating was a big hit..

food at johnny rockets is free, you pay for milkshakes. every nite, a burger and shake on our balcony, yum!!!

rock climbing etc is also free

children's hours 9-12 2-5 7-10. they worked out great, our son at meals with us then at 7 went to the program. on disney because they did a movie from 6-8, he couldn't go to a program till 8:15 since we ate at 6pm

Thanks for such a great report!! My kids didn't really take to the kids clubs on the Magic, but there was so much for us to do as a family, and the shows were so kid-oriented, that it didn't matter in the least. Do you think that would be the case on Voyager? In other words, if they didn't want to go to the designated kids' areas, would we have enough to do with a 7- and 9-year old? Are the shows family friendly?

What a wonderful comparison post. Makes me want to try it. We just came off the 2/23 Magic and also had Julio, Toto, and Sandra as our wait staff (we had table 23 the larger one that holds 14 people) These servers were truly the best!!!!! Didn't Julio look like the mummy from the new movie THE MUMMY!!!!!! That was the first thing my kids thought of when they saw him!!!! Sandra was the greatest head server we had on our 5 DCL cruises.

Thanks for the post!!!

MJ

What a wonderful comparison post. Makes me want to try it. We just came off the 2/23 Magic and also had Julio, Toto, and Sandra as our wait staff (we had table 23 the larger one that holds 14 people) These servers were truly the best!!!!! Didn't Julio look like the mummy from the new movie THE MUMMY!!!!!! That was the first thing my kids thought of when they saw him!!!! We also found out that Julio girlfried works up in Palos. I think it is nice that Disney lets crew date. Some other cruise lines do not. On our last cruise our asst. server Pele got married onboard!!! Sandra was the greatest head server we had on our 5 DCL cruises.

Thanks for the post!!!

MJ

joellen2-Sheree is correct. The club opens at 9:00am and closes at 10:00pm but is open for a charge until 1:00am. They are closed during the lunch and dinner hours but you can sign your kids up to eat three nights during the cruise with the club at Johnny Rockets if you or they would like. They also take them to lunch and for snacks if they are in the club at that time. The hours were great for us because I wanted for us to do things as a family to and not just pawn him off to the club 24/7 although he probably would not have minded the way he loved the club.

Barb-There is no charge for the food at Johnny Rockets. There is a charge for the malts and shakes though. Also if you have the unlimited soda package you can have sodas for free. As far as the spa and adult Solarium, there were never any children in there that I saw. The Solarium and spa is absolutely beautiful and was quiet and serene when we were there. I loved it! Also there is not charge for Rock Climbing, Golfing, or Ice and In-Line Skating. There is a charge for the virtual golf.

Yes, there is so much to do that there is simply not enough time to do or see it all. The shows were wonderful but Certainly not Disney and some of them were more adult oriented. The pools are great, you can ice skate, or roller blade, rock climb or Mini golf. The list is endless. They have a full size sports deck where games and competitions are always being held but I truly think your kids at the ages they are would love the kids club. The Royal Promenade is great fun and they have mimes and clowns and so much to keep you occupied. The kids counselors they have are worth their weight in gold. Nicholas woke up this morning and asked about the counselor that gave him the gold metal (some type of game or competition) and then told me he wanted to go back to the big boat because he was hungry. Too funny!

After reading all of the great comments on the Voyager, I just had to call RCL directly and get a quote from them on the same type of room and same time period. We are scheduled to cruise on Feb 1, 2003 on the Magic. We have a cat.4 family room for $4,450. For the same time, Feb 2, 2003 and a family suit with balcony, the Voyager would cost $6,125. The room is 381 sq. ft. I could also get two connecting rooms that each have a balcony for $5,227. The connecting rooms looks like a better deal. But, it is almost $800 more and we have never done the 7 day Disney cruise, only the 4 day Wonder cruise. So I guess I will stick with DCL this time. But this thread has definitely opened my eyes to other cruise line options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter