Disney Magic toddler advice?

yogamomma

Earning My Ears
We're going on a late October, 3 day trip to Nassau with my three year old toddler.

Anyone done a similar trip and have advice, comments, etc? He's a boy so that might affect your imput.

Thanks in advance!

yogamomma

Hi, you might get a better response on the main thread :) Maybe a mod can/will move it for you. We were on a 7 day trip on the Magic in June with a 2 yr old. He had a really good time dancing in the clubs (they have family time), loved all the deck parties, esp. the pirates party. I took him to Oceaneer Club, that place is AWESOME. He had so much fun in there, he fell asleep on the stage after who wants to be a mouseketeer. The character breakfast was probably one of his other favorite things. He also LOVED the mickey pool, it is the perfect size for toddlers.

Hey, thanks for the tip about dancing at the family dance. I will be w/ our 21mosDD and she loves to dance. We've done 5 DCL's childless, and never even considered the dances.

My 2 yo also like Who wants to be a Mouseketeer @ Oceaneers Club. He also liked wandering in the Beat Street area. He wanted to nap in the portholes there.

We just returned with our five year old. This was my 10th cruise but our first Disney Cruise. It was the most kid-friendly cruise I've ever been on. Each cabin has a small bathtub that is great for bathing a little one. The oceaneer club takes 3 to 7 years olds. He will love it and you get a pager if he needs you. If you enjoy the beach, I suggest taking a cab from the pier directly to the public beach on Paradise Island rather than booking a pricey shore excursion. We brought our own sand toys and our child loved playing at the beach. Chairs and umbrellas are available for rental.

One more tip, if you bring a pillowcase from home and turn it in with colored sharpies on the first night of the cruise (deck 3, midship), they will return it to you on the last night with all the characters' signatures on it. It was a cute "free" souvenier. They don't advertise this anywhere, but they are happy to do it.

My last cruise was on DCL with a 2 and 3 year old. The biggest problem is that the nursery is only open limited hours and you pay an additional fee for the use of it. However, the staff in the nursery was simply wonderful.... My vote would be to go for it!!!! Use the nursery some and enjoy good family time as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter