Disney Magic October 10,2022 Halloween Cruise to Canada & Maine

Welcome! Hoping to chat with others sailing with us on this great itinerary!!!

Hi there! :wave2:We will be joining you on this cruise. We're excited to explore New York, Maine and Canada. It will be only the two of us since my DS has grown up and on to other things. We are also doing a B2B on the New York to Bermuda cruise following this. Glad I've found this thread. I've been trying to find any information on our destinations and trying to keep up to date on how Disney is handling Covid.

Hi. We will be sailing on this cruise too. We also sailed on this cruise to Canada in 2019. We are soooooo looking forward to getting back on the Magic. This will be our 4th time on the Magic. Our party will be four adult, in two cabins. I am hoping the covid polices change for the better before October. Thanks for starting this thread.

Hi. We will be sailing on this cruise too. We also sailed on this cruise to Canada in 2019. We are soooooo looking forward to getting back on the Magic. This will be our 4th time on the Magic. Our party will be four adult, in two cabins. I am hoping the covid polices change for the better before October. Thanks for starting this thread.
Welcome aboard! :grouphug: Glad you will be joining us. We like sailing on the Magic as well. Mostly on the longer cruises. I probably will be picking your brain since you have sailed on this cruise previously.

Great. I would love to share our experiences on the Canadian Halloween Cruise. In 2019, the Magic did not got to Halifax, so this will be new for us. It only stopped at St John and Bar Harbor in 2019.

Great. I would love to share our experiences on the Canadian Halloween Cruise. In 2019, the Magic did not got to Halifax, so this will be new for us. It only stopped at St John and Bar Harbor in 2019.
Do you have any recommendations for things to do in Bar Harbor? My husband is allergic to seafood so enjoying their more popular cuisine is out. Also, is it recommended to bring some Canadian dollars for our stops in Saint John and Halifax? :)

Hi. We loved Barr Harbor. It is very charming town and was the highlight of 2019. We are not big shellfish lovers, so the lobster thing was not on our "to do" list. Last time, we self tour the town mostly staying on Main Street, stopping in at quant gift shops and having coffee and whoopie pies along the way. At the Village Green, which is about 3 blocks from the pier on Main Street, there is Village Green Information (on Firefly Lane), where you can purchase day passes for the Acadia National Park. From the Green, you can take free park shuttle buses to tour the park. Jordon Pond House in the park is very nice, though we did not eat there, the restaurant there seem very popular. Most of the other highlights in the park are worth seeing too. It is beautiful park. We will most likely tour Barr Harbor the same way this time too. Please note, Barr Harbor is tender port. It will take a little time to get off the ship.

In St. John, we either used a credit card or USD. We did not bring/need CAD. Not sure about Halifax, we probably won't bring CAD on this trip either. Also, we would recommend not doing the 'Hop On Hop Off' bus excursion. It wasn't very nice.

On a another note, do the think the Dream will be in NYC in the Fall 2023? We are watching for the 2023 schedule to be released.

My husband and I will be on this sailing too! We will be celebrating our 30th anniversary and my completion of chemo for breast cancer. I booked this last year, before cancer was part of my life. Planning for spending the weekend in NYC and booking shore excursions this week have given me a much needed something to look forward to.

I am glad to hear about the HOHO bus in Saint John. I booked that since my first choice was already sold out. We've done HOHO tours in other cities and really enjoyed them. Sounds like I may need to rethink this one.

Welcome and what a nice way to celebrate your milestones. We hope all is well.

In 2019, there were a total of three cruise ships in St. John, including the RCI Anthem OTS. HOHO was just overwhelm with the amount of people, which made it not enjoyable. Afterwards, we met some folks on our cruise who recommended the Maple Sugar Shack excursion. But I think this year, we might just stay on-board the Magic and enjoy the quiet time.

Thanks for the info. I did book the HOHO for Saint John since there wasn’t anything else. I looked up who will be in port the same day as us. Norwegian Breakaway will be in port at the same time and they carry twice as many passengers. So I will have to rethink the HOHO bus.

My husband and I will be on this sailing too! We will be celebrating our 30th anniversary and my completion of chemo for breast cancer. I booked this last year, before cancer was part of my life. Planning for spending the weekend in NYC and booking shore excursions this week have given me a much needed something to look forward to.
It will be a wonderful and well deserved celebration. My sister was dx with breast cancer and at the same time lost her job a few years ago. It was very traumatic for her and her family but everything turned out well and she even got a better job.

Question about COVID restrictions in Canada, we have two excursions scheduled while docked/tendered in Saint John, and Halifax. Do we need to provide proof of COVID vaccinations to Canada prior to arriving at their Ports?

My understanding is that we all have to download the ArriveCAN app and submit our proof of COVID vaccination records. I believe they said 72 hours before arrival by ship.

Question about COVID restrictions in Canada, we have two excursions scheduled while docked/tendered in Saint John, and Halifax. Do we need to provide proof of COVID vaccinations to Canada prior to arriving at their Ports?
The Canadian government’s requirements for cruise passengers visiting Canada are independent of Disney Cruise Line’s health and safety protocols. In addition to Canada’s requirements, all Disney Cruise Line Guests must adhere to health and safety protocols outlined on our Know Before You Go page. These requirements include COVID-19 vaccination and embarkation testing, as well as all other required documentation uploaded to the Safe Passage website.

Guests should review and stay up to date with any requirements or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Canada. Visit the Government of Canada’s website for information.

The following are additional requirements for cruise passengers entering Canada.

ArriveCAN
Before sailing or entry into Canada, Guests must create a profile and upload required documentation to ArriveCAN, Canada’s entry requirements program. ArriveCAN is available via the web or as an app for iOS and Android. The mobile app is complimentary and is available in English, French and Spanish (displayed in the language of your device). Travelers can also submit their information by signing in online at Canada.ca/ArriveCAN.

Upload Documentation in Advance of Travel
Canada requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination for travelers 12 years of age and older
. Proof of vaccination and travel and citizenship documents can be saved in your ArriveCAN traveler profile before any planned travel. We recommend that you download the ArriveCAN app and create a profile prior to sailing. If you're traveling with others, you can include multiple travelers within your family in your ArriveCAN submission. Although you can upload digital versions of your documentation prior to sailing, we recommend that you also have physical copies of these documents accessible while traveling.

The Canadian government’s requirements for cruise passengers visiting Canada are independent of Disney Cruise Line’s health and safety protocols. Currently, Disney Cruise Line continues to require all vaccine-eligible Guests (based on US eligibility requirements) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at the time of sailing. This is a requirement for all Guests (US and international) ages 5 and older. The CDC also requires all unvaccinated Guests on 5-night and longer sailings to take a COVID-19 antigen test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line) on the ship the day before debarking.

Within 72 Hours of Arrival
To enter Canada you will need to complete an ArriveCAN entry within 72 hours prior to arrival by air or land border. You will receive a QR code receipt to present when entering the country. After arriving, you will be required to complete an additional, separate ArriveCAN submission to receive a cruise-specific QR code receipt to be presented during embarkation. For voyages originating in a US homeport and ending in Vancouver, Canada, you will need to complete your ArriveCAN submission within 72 hours prior to embarkation.

Creating a profile in ArriveCAN allows personal data such as your name, date of birth, travel documents and vaccination certificate to be retained, thereby reducing the time required for subsequent submissions. Information required by ArriveCAN includes contact information and travel details.

Recent updates to ArriveCAN include:

• Fully vaccinated travelers and children traveling with a vaccinated parent or guardian will no longer be required to provide a quarantine plan upon entry.
  • Fully vaccinated travelers and children traveling with a vaccinated parent or guardian will no longer be required to complete a pre-entry COVID-19 test for entry to Canada.

Face Coverings

Per the Canadian government, all travelers, regardless of vaccination status, must wear face coverings throughout their entire travel journey while in Canada, including in cruise terminals, COVID-19 testing areas, airports and aircraft.

Visit Know Before You Go to learn about Disney Cruise Line’s health and safety protocols.

Hi everyone! This will be my first cruise! I’m taking my aunt for her 70th birthday. I was able to book almost everything we wanted to do. T-minus 75 days!

Welcome aboard! I am bringing my parents on this cruise and they are in their 70s now. Their very first cruise was on the Magic in 2007. They have been on many cruises since that time on different cruise lines, but they always regard Disney as the gold standard. They are excited to be back on the Magic.

Exciting, T-minus 75 days... Just need to get past pre-boarding Covid test.

Last edited:
Hi there!

We booked this cruise last month, pretty late for when we normally book cruises. But a friend of ours mentioned it and since it checks off a couple "travel wish list items" we decided to go for it! This will be our 12th DCL cruise, but only our 2nd time on the Magic. We've booked a couple days pre-cruise in NYC and will be going to see a couple Broadway shows. Really looking forward to seeing the East Coast fall colors we've heard so much about (we're from CA).

Jane

So from what it looks like our pirate night will be Day 4! I just had to change some things around since I found that out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter