Disney Magic Nursery- When does their age apply?

SunkissedAdventures

Earning My Ears
I have searched the forums and found NO up to date information, which is why I am asking.

We are traveling on the Magic for my younger son's 3rd birthday in December. He will turn 3 on day three of a four day cruise. How does the Nursery/Club/Lab treat this?

My son is potty trained at this time and we plan to spend the next 2 months working on independence with pulling his own pants up and down because that's pretty much his only difficulty at this time. I am confident he will be 100% independent by then. Will he spend the first two days in the Nursery and then be eligible for Club/Lab on the final day?

We've made nursery reservations already just in case. We have no problem with him going to the nursery, but of course would love it if he could go to the Club/Lab with his brother PLUS not having to pay, lol

He will be able to attend the club/lab when he turns 3, so on day 3 of your cruise. They will have open house times on each day of the cruise and he can go then as long as an adult is with him. Basically all ages are allowed in during open house and all kids must have an adult with them during open house.(gives adults a chance to play at the club/lab with their kids, or check it out if they don't have kids)

So this was our situation last year. My daughter turned 3 three days into the cruise. She went to the nursery a few times before she turned 3 and then went to the club with her older sister on her birthday. She was also potty trained. She loved her time in the nursery by the way. She got to see Mickey, Belle, Minnie and Pluto while there.

This was our experience, albeit on the Fantasy, earlier this year. My son turned 3 the day after we boarded. Upside is we paid the infant price, but he got the benefits of being a 3 year old from the second day of the cruise, i.e., being able to go to the Oceaneer's Club and Lab, and Scuttle's Cove on Castaway Cay. He was JUST fully potty-trained a few weeks before we went, so I was a bit nervous. We got one message from the club that he may have had an accident (#2). When we picked him up, there was nothing. I think I made him so nervous, he thought there was something when there was nothing. But, the Club handled it really well, even though they didn't know that. They just asked us to come and change him or help him potty whatever he needed, and didn't put up any fuss about it. He was allowed right back in.

That’s so exciting that he will be celebrating his birthday onboard! As soon as he turns three we will all be looking forward to welcoming him to Oceaneers!! 😀

Our almost 2 year old grandson will be in the nursery at the end of October on the Magic. I hope he likes it as much as he did last September on the Magic. They took such good care of him!!!

MJ

Our almost 2 year old grandson will be in the nursery at the end of October on the Magic. I hope he likes it as much as he did last September on the Magic. They took such good care of him!!!

MJ
My daughter loved it when she was 2. They had many special guests. My favorite was Belle reading them a story.

My older son loved the nursery and my little guy loved it a year ago, so we have no doubt he will still have fun in the few days he will be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter