Disney Magic - Nov 10, 2012 - Western Caribbean from Galveston - Sun, Fun & Beaches!

I'm trying to cope with the sadness of being home by looking at future vacations, too.

We've got a WDW vacation booked for April (we're DVC members, we generally go most years, hence DS's complaints about not going this year.) We've got a 2 week Mediterranean cruise on RCCL booked for next summer, but my family is unanimously asking to see if I can cancel in favor of another DCL cruise next fall. (Ok, the toddler isn't, but she would if she understood!) I think we're going to stick with cruising out of Galveston for now because of DD; it is just so much easier to leave from a port an hour from our home. We're probably going to book one of the bahamas routes on the Wonder, since we've been through the Caribbean many times.

I am editing this just to say that I just booked a cruise for exactly a year from the cruise we just completed, on the Wonder out of Galveston!

Probably shouldn't ask, but I'm going to.....what was up with the re-gifting? If I was gonna regift, I sure as heck wouldn't give it back to the person who gave it to me!!! :confused3

Daydreaming along with y'all about vacation when I should be fast asleep!! Ah, well... My Aunt just got engaged, and now I am helping her plan a cruise for her honeymoon in a year. Getting to live vicariously will have to suffice for now, at least... hoping to make a plan for summer with my sister and our kiddos. We will see! Congrats to everyone who has plans to go again soon (or who are lucky enough to still be on vacation)!! Have an amazing time!

We already had to further cruises booked before we got on this one and are hoping to do one of the Wonder cruises out of Galveston that stop in Jamaica next fall.

Corinna

I missed the meet and greet on the boat-but I often walked around the boat looking at people and wondering if they were someone from here. :)

I'm glad to hear that I was not the only one who thought the food wasn't that good. The attention to detail of the staff was INCREDIBLE!

But seriously-can the rocking stop? Does this happen to anyone else? I am so dizzy and feel like I am still on the boat, like I could fall over. It's so much worse than when I was ON the boat.

We booked ANOTHER Disney Cruise while onboard. May 10th. 8 days from Galveston to Key West, Castaway Cay, Disney World and Cape Canaveral. Who's with us?
We booked as well! Just a dummy date for a 3 night in an inside cabin. Wasn't impressed with the itineraries of future cruises yet, but we'll see what comes up next.

It was great meeting those that popped in at the cruise meet at Rockin' Bar D. The kids had fun too at the 'Veggie Car Race' or whatever it was called. I tried the cognac tasting on Tuesday night and I was the only person on the ship who participated. Apparently, there were about 15 the previous week, and with Thanksgiving this week, I expect more again. It was a nice learning experience however.

Back to normal now. My body's already getting used to the cooler Canadian weather here. Can't wait to sail again on our fave cruise line!:banana:

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We had a great time on the cruise, after a rough couple of first days. On the first night of the cruise we found ourselves in the ship's sick bay because my dad got an infection in a wound on his foot. He left with doctor's orders to stay off his feet completely and to not wear a shoe on that foot. So he missed a couple activities and learned pretty quickly how to order room service. :rotfl: Thankfully we had both a wheelchair and a scooter along so we were able to move him around pretty easily when he felt like it. After a couple of days he got around well, started healing, and we all had a great time.

Sorry we missed the meet-up, really wanted to make it, but our schedule got all rearranged thanks to Dad's foot.

Finally getting around to posting pictures on Facebook and remembering how awesome this cruise was. Hoping to do it again, sooner rather than later.

We are back from our amazing vacation. I loved the cruise and the time at Walt Disney World was wonderful, too. We came back on Wednesday evening. I brought a bit of an unwanted souvenir home. I went down with a cold towards the end of the vacation which turned into a middle ear infection.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter