Disney Magic - Nov 10, 2012 - Western Caribbean from Galveston - Sun, Fun & Beaches!

We are actually leaving on Thursday morning, too. But tomorrow is my last day at work. Wednesday I will do a bit of last minute shopping, run a few errands and have my nails done and then in the late afternoon we head for the airport hotel.

Corinna
Our flight lands at HOU around 3PM. I expect we'll pull in to our Holiday Inn around 4:30 or so. Maybe we'll meet you either in the lobby or poolside? Just look for the hassled Mom and Dad (I'm 6'5" so not hard to miss) and 3 awesome kids who may be really excited! We're planning on checking in and ordering Papa John's for poolside that day. Maybe hit the Rainforest Cafe for Friday.

We are flying into IAH and get there at 6:30 PM if all is going to plan. I am hoping to be at the hotel by about 9:00 PM and then it is straight to bed. By that time, our body clock will tell us that it is 3:00 AM and we will have been up about 24 hours. On the Friday we are planning a ride on the ferry and a visit to Moody Gardens and dinner at Bubba Gump.

Corinna

I can't remember if this was discussed in this thread earlier, so pardon if I'm repeating, but some people were posting today asking about Christmas decorations, and it seems like they generally start putting them up during our cruise's time frame so that they will all be in place for Thanksgiving. That would really be exciting if at least some of them were up! We sailed on the Wonder in Dec of 2008, and it was really beautiful.

LOL, Corinna, just noticed *you* were one of the folks posting in that thread. So I guess we are both hoping for the same thing!

LOL, my sister won't finish shopping for the cruise with me (we do EVERYTHING together normally)! She says she's going to lock me in a closet here and take my place on the boat. Haha, maybe she can come next year. I need a shopping buddy - makes things so much more fun! Too bad hubby is no fun in a store.

On another topic, has anyone cruised with a motorized scooter? MIL is taking one, and is worried about the embarkation process and running people over (crowded areas). It seemed when I was on another ship a few years ago things were spaced out enough in common areas that she would have no trouble... and in other areas, like stateroom corridors, people would just move to the side. I have heard that the stateroom doorways are not wide enough for a scooter, and that she will have to park/charge it in another location. Any idea where that may be? Any help is awesome! Thanks! :thumbsup2

CruisinMama said:
LOL, my sister won't finish shopping for the cruise with me (we do EVERYTHING together normally)! She says she's going to lock me in a closet here and take my place on the boat. Haha, maybe she can come next year. I need a shopping buddy - makes things so much more fun! Too bad hubby is no fun in a store.

On another topic, has anyone cruised with a motorized scooter? MIL is taking one, and is worried about the embarkation process and running people over (crowded areas). It seemed when I was on another ship a few years ago things were spaced out enough in common areas that she would have no trouble... and in other areas, like stateroom corridors, people would just move to the side. I have heard that the stateroom doorways are not wide enough for a scooter, and that she will have to park/charge it in another location. Any idea where that may be? Any help is awesome! Thanks! :thumbsup2

My friend had knee surgery and used a scooter and we had a blast! Yes it was tricky but everyone was so considerate. Our servers helped in MDRs and we went off the ship with a little extra care. She even danced in the clubs... C M s would fight over who was going to park it for her! Too funny! She did have to park in hallway near room and we would just take turns getting it. Really no problem and she was made to feel special and no one acted as if they were being put out.

My dad will have a scooter (hoping ... picking up tomorrow) but we will have a HA stateroom. If you know you will use a mobility scooter on the cruise you really need to book a HA stateroom so that you can park and charge it inside your cabin. They are not technically supposed to park in the corridors because they are obstructions. I know a lot of people don't even think about needing a HA stateroom but for future cruises, do consider it. This has been a public service announcement :)

LOL, Corinna, just noticed *you* were one of the folks posting in that thread. So I guess we are both hoping for the same thing!

Yes, I think we are. We were on the Panama Canal cruise that set sail on January 6th and I was really hoping that the Christmas decorations were still up, but that did not happen.

Corinna

Thanks for the feedback. We did not know she would need it until this week. I am glad that there have not been any negative experiences from anyone so far!

This is the sloooowwwwest week ever! Come on Friday am. I am so ready to be off work for a week. I still have a ton to pack.

For me time has actually flown as I have been so busy. We are now checked in at one of the airport hotels in Manchester. In about an hour, we will have dinner at one of my favourite restaurants. Tomorrow morning we will leave at the crack of dawn to fly to Frankfurt and onwards to Houston.

Corinna

Question for seasoned cruisers - What time can we start boarding? Do we have to wait till the Itinerary book time? Also, any other tips you all can give to some newbie cruisiers will be greatly appreciated! Thanks...

Boarding usually starts at around midday and is done in groups. Your boarding group number is linked to the port arrival time you selected.

Corinna

Shout out to the nice lady at the Disney store in Stonebriar mall. I was browsing looking for bulk inexpensive gifts for Jenny to exchange with all the other kids on the cruise. She gave me 40 double packs of Disney zipper pulls for FREE!!! It made my day. I am blessed!

Hey everyone!

Today is my birthday and at 2 we are loading the car to head to dallas for my bday dinner and on to Corsicana - 4.5 hours today 3.5 tomorrow to Galveston! Lots to do but we are pretty mch packed! Hope all your travels to tx are smooth!!!

vmedisneymom said:
Hey everyone!

Today is my birthday and at 2 we are loading the car to head to dallas for my bday dinner and on to Corsicana - 4.5 hours today 3.5 tomorrow to Galveston! Lots to do but we are pretty mch packed! Hope all your travels to tx are smooth!!!

Happy Birthday and safe travels!

Happy birthday!

Lots of November birthdays in this group! (Mine, too.)

Good luck to everyone finishing packing and getting safely and on time to the terminal Saturday!

Packing would be so much easier without a toddler who sneaks up behind me and "helps" by randomly unpacking and repacking. On our last trip, we ended up with 5 deodorants and no toothbrushes.

I completely understand, LOL! I had to pack all of my toddler's things while she was asleep and hide her suitcase in the closet so she didn't find it and start unpacking!

Today is my first official day of vacation! I sent my little one off to school so I could have a fun-filled day of laundry and packing! What an exciting way to start a vacation. ;) We are driving to Galveston the morning of the cruise, so I still have some time!

Does anyone know which terminal the Magic sails out of in Galveston? No 1 or No 2?

Golden Rose said:
Happy birthday!

Lots of November birthdays in this group! (Mine, too.)

Good luck to everyone finishing packing and getting safely and on time to the terminal Saturday!

Packing would be so much easier without a toddler who sneaks up behind me and "helps" by randomly unpacking and repacking. On our last trip, we ended up with 5 deodorants and no toothbrushes.

Mine too!!! So exciting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter