Disney Magic - Nov 10, 2012 - Western Caribbean from Galveston - Sun, Fun & Beaches!

You will enjoy Austin. It is a very pretty place and filled with unique people. Are you driving to Galveston from Austin?

I had planned to make magnets for the door but that hasn't happened yet. I have most of the clothes separated in the closet and a bag of goodies for DGD. I think we are going to use the toiletries onboard - remember reading where a dermatologist highly recommended the H2O stuff. Figure that will be a little less to pack. My DD keeps laughing that she has bought DGD enough new clothest to change clothes 2-3 times a day but hasn't given any thought to her own clothes. I am a Pooh size so I just try to be covered and clean!! We are not planning on any excursions this cruise because of DGD's age. In the past, we have done stingray city (LOVED IT!), tour of the ruins (enjoyed) and hung out at Mr Sanchos in Cozumel (3 times so it was good). I was thinking about a chocolate factory in Cozumel but they have an age limit. All the reviews were very good. info at chocolateskaokao.com

I think we are going to use the toiletries onboard - remember reading where a dermatologist highly recommended the H2O stuff. Figure that will be a little less to pack.
I know a lot of people like the H2O stuff, but I have to say I'm not a fan. I like the way it smells, but my hair does not do well w/it. My girls like it, though.

I was thinking about a chocolate factory in Cozumel but they have an age limit. All the reviews were very good. info at chocolateskaokao.com
We are doing that tour...they do list an age limit on the site (and my daughters are old enough), but I read a trip report from one of the first Galveston cruises where they had a toddler take the tour. So maybe they do make exceptions, you might want to email them. I booked about a week and a half or so ago, and they are filling up. they did not have the mid day tour available, only 9 am and 1 pm.

We are bracing for Sandy here...and I'm hoping the gulf stays calm!

I'm frustrated because I have so much to do to get ready, and with the kids home for the weekend I can't do much of anything unless I do it in the middle of the night. And now they may not have school on Monday, either. Plus, I was supposed to head up to DC for a meeting on Tuesday morning. I'm really hoping it gets cancelled! I hate driving on 95/in DC even at the best of times!

mcnealrkn said:
You will enjoy Austin. It is a very pretty place and filled with unique people. Are you driving to Galveston from Austin?

I had planned to make magnets for the door but that hasn't happened yet. I have most of the clothes separated in the closet and a bag of goodies for DGD. I think we are going to use the toiletries onboard - remember reading where a dermatologist highly recommended the H2O stuff. Figure that will be a little less to pack. My DD keeps laughing that she has bought DGD enough new clothest to change clothes 2-3 times a day but hasn't given any thought to her own clothes. I am a Pooh size so I just try to be covered and clean!! We are not planning on any excursions this cruise because of DGD's age. In the past, we have done stingray city (LOVED IT!), tour of the ruins (enjoyed) and hung out at Mr Sanchos in Cozumel (3 times so it was good). I was thinking about a chocolate factory in Cozumel but they have an age limit. All the reviews were very good. info at chocolateskaokao.com

Pooh sized. I love it. I am headed out today to shop with DH cuz he does not dress up fly so we have a struggle ahead. Wish me luck!

We pack our toiletries bags tomorrow! Only 7 more days of work!!! (we are heading to Austin 3 days early!) :dance3:
Wow! Very methodical packing! Toiletries tomorrow, shorts Sunday, umm T-shirts Monday, etc. etc?;)

Wow! Very methodical packing! Toiletries tomorrow, shorts Sunday, umm T-shirts Monday, etc. etc?;)

;) toiletries always are tedious, and make DH cranky, so if we get that out of the way first, when we do the rest of our packing next weekend it will be much smoother! :goodvibes

We are going to fly from Austin to Houston on Saturday morning. There are 6 of us (4 from NH 2 from Austin area) and our TX friends don't have a car big enough for all of us to drive (with luggage ;-).

We pulled out the suitcases today to see what condition they are in and are looking to see what we won't need in the next two weeks so we can begin packing!

For those of you who haven't cruised before, think about your daily activities when packing. You may change 2-4 times a day if you swim/spa/work out, attend any classes or seminars, do excursions, then attend evening dinner/show/night clubs. You might even change again after dinner to stroll or relax on deck or enjoy a movie in the theater. That's a lot of changing! (Also a lot of shoes, pack multitaskers).

I'm a terrible packer, I hope I can pack a few days early and have time to edit. Otherwise I might bring everything.

GetGlowing said:
For those of you who haven't cruised before, think about your daily activities when packing. You may change 2-4 times a day if you swim/spa/work out, attend any classes or seminars, do excursions, then attend evening dinner/show/night clubs. You might even change again after dinner to stroll or relax on deck or enjoy a movie in the theater. That's a lot of changing! (Also a lot of shoes, pack multitaskers).

I'm a terrible packer, I hope I can pack a few days early and have time to edit. Otherwise I might bring everything.

I need to join over packers anonymous!!! As hard as I try I still over plan and over pack what I need and what I might need and then for just in case.... This trip I've started packing early to trim down the fluff. Pillow stays home but I packed a blanket ( really I think they might have those on the ship ) doesn't matter cause I like my own. Pillow cases? Yep packed! Good news if you run out or need something I'll probably have it. Happy packing and safe trips for everyone!!!

We overpack constantly, too. We overpacked so much for our last trip that I had to buy us another set of suitcases! (Ok, the porter broke the handle off our largest overpacked suitcase, which contributed to the need for more suitcases.)

Our daughter goes through so many clothes in a day that I think she gets the most suitcase space even though she's by far the smallest of us! She wants to do everything herself; drink from real cups, feed herself, dress and undress herself, and take herself to the potty, which means her clothes are constantly wet or dirty from something... or totally absent, since she decided to remove them all and then hide them in some random location.

Plus, for this trip, I need to pack pirate costumes and princess costumes (although we'll see if I can talk Little Miss Princess into a costume, since she is very picky about what she wears, and as I just hinted at, takes off her clothes and hides them if she doesn't want to wear them that day.) Oh, and all the fish extender presents.

Although I'm probably oversharing, I have to say that I'm not thrilled that our daughter decided to more or less potty train herself recently. Car trips are much harder with her shrieking in the back seat, "Potty! Potty! Potty!" than they were when she was willing to use her diaper. I don't know how we're going to do one of the excursions we'd planned, since there is a real chance she'll start the "I need the potty! Potty! Potty! Potty!" yell while we're trapped on a bus. Does anyone have any experience traveling with a recently potty-trained toddler? I'm not worried about while we're on the ship, but I'm really concerned about when we're on land. We've generally taken our kids with us on all sorts of excursions from beaches to ruins to real jungle river cruises, but we didn't happen to cruise when DS was in the newly potty trained stage.

Corrinna,
No room number yet, but since it seems that they assign them on
Mondays two weeks out, I'm hoping tomorrow we will get something!

Welcome sparkshadow from a fellow Canadian! (Ok, the far south tropics to your locale!) Been to your parts a couple of times on business and it was where DW told me of our 'expecting' to be parents for the first time! Fond memories of Winterpeg!
I've updated the Roll Call at the top of page 5. We'll have to get together with a Canadian on deck and see if we can get the Argos trouncing the Blue Bombers on the Dumbotron!

Bombers aren't doing so well so not sure if they'll even be playing! lol

But wife is a bigger fan of CFL than I am, so we'd totally be with you for getting some CFL onscreen :).

I'm looking forward to sitting down and watching some movies :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter