Disney Magic Med Cruise August 1, 2016

Best to post this in the cruise meets section on this form start the cruise meets thread for that cruise, I have friends on it and I have a gift for you!

A full blog with photos of the 12 night Med from 2014 there, with navigators

http://mickeymed.blogspot.co.uk/

Words of advice... Seek out private tours for the cruise, you see more do more, and can edit it to your likes and dislikes, not 55 people on a coach, meeting in the WD Theatre and then waiting there, waiting for the coach to fill and waiting to get into the colosseum for example at Rome.

I and my family did a private tour in each port, saved money on DCL. And had a head start getting to places like the Acropolis at Athens before the coaches and before the sun was up high, In Kusadasi we went to Ephesus again beating the crowds.

It sounds wonderful, and once we are back after the Baltic I can start to plan. You are going to have to let me know who you used for private tours. :)

Will do, -all in the blog btw.

Baltic getting close...another fantastic cruise coming up, but the 12 night Med has added sun sun sun.

I have had a good read thanks. I did 2 12 night cruises back in 2011 can't wait to get back on there again

Yes it's a fantastic cruise, our Rome transfers were like concierge they booked everything for us they had all the tickets ready, no queuing anywhere and our Vatican guide thought he was Indaina Jones.

I'm taking my girls (twins18yrs) for their graduation. Their first cruise and first out of the U.S. vacation. Cannot wait!

I'm taking my girls (twins18yrs) for their graduation. Their first cruise and first out of the U.S. vacation. Cannot wait!
You will have a great time its a fabulous cruise, do book private tours where you can, to do more and to be more private and be closer to the guide and in some places save money.

Yes to private tours! We did the DCL Baltic cruise this summer. Our least favorite tours were with DCL. We had some wonderful private tours though, often for comparable or less cost than the DCL tours. We had a group of 8 in our private tours, which was much nicer than a DCL group of 40 filing in and out of places. Get on tripadvisor and see what interests you. Contact different companies to get a feel for how responsive they are. Get the Rick Steves travel book to help plan. You have a year to make plans, so don't get too overwhelmed by the thought of arranging tours yourself on your first non-US trip. Cruisecritic is another great source for port info.

Enjoy, I would love to do the Med!

Yes to private tours! We did the DCL Baltic cruise this summer. Our least favorite tours were with DCL. We had some wonderful private tours though, often for comparable or less cost than the DCL tours. We had a group of 8 in our private tours, which was much nicer than a DCL group of 40 filing in and out of places. Get on tripadvisor and see what interests you. Contact different companies to get a feel for how responsive they are. Get the Rick Steves travel book to help plan. You have a year to make plans, so don't get too overwhelmed by the thought of arranging tours yourself on your first non-US trip. Cruisecritic is another great source for port info.

Enjoy, I would love to do the Med!

Yes. I have to go back to 2012 when i last booked a DCL tour, in the Med and Baltic we cut lines at all the sights, lots of DCL cruisers queing in groups of 55 or going around on whisper systems.

On this cruise in 2014, we were up the Acropolis in Athens early morning before it got hot, and coming back down before the first tour bus got there. Kusadasi we had finished Epheus before they arrived and went a different route, to avoid crowds. Rome we think we got there 90 mins before the first DCL coach got there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter