Disney Magic - May 28, 2017 - 7 night European Cruise from Copenhagen

We will be doing Disney excursion. It states on Disney's website, to go ashore in St. Petersburg you must obtain a visa beforehand.
Actually, if you book a tour with a local tour operator (i.e., Anastasia), they handle the visa for you and meet you at the dock with it - no need to obtain the visa beforehand.

While you cannot leave the ship on your own and tour around, you do not need to take a Disney tour if you would prefer to work with a local agency.

Actually, if you book a tour with a local tour operator (i.e., Anastasia), they handle the visa for you and meet you at the dock with it - no need to obtain the visa beforehand.

While you cannot leave the ship on your own and tour around, you do not need to take a Disney tour if you would prefer to work with a local agency.

My husband and I will be on this cruise and the TE before this one. Our daughter lives in Italy, so last year we decided to try the EB Transatlantic as a means of transportation to avoid jet lag. Even though it stormed, it was a wonderful trip!!! We are repeating the TE this year with its exciting itinerary and couldn't pass up the opportunity to see the wonderful cities on this cruise. These cruises are our 8th and 9th with Disney! They know how to do it right!!!
John and I were also on the TE last May. We thought the storm made for a great destination! We are meeting new friends from that voyage for the Copenhagen cruise. And, if there are staterooms available come March or April, we may join in on the TE! Love cruising with Disney. This will be our 3rd, all on Magic, starting with inaugural.:yay:

John and I were also on the TE last May. We thought the storm made for a great destination! We are meeting new friends from that voyage for the Copenhagen cruise. And, if there are staterooms available come March or April, we may join in on the TE! Love cruising with Disney. This will be our 3rd, all on Magic, starting with inaugural.:yay:
So happy you also enjoyed last year's TE cruise. To experience a North Atlantic storm made it so much more interesting. The power of the water and wind is something you have to experience to believe. My brother has scallop boats that work in the North Atlantic as far north as Newfoundland, and they've run into some rough seas. I've always worried about them, and now I've seen firsthand how angry the seas can be. He and my nephew have seen the Magic out there!!! Love, love, love the Magic!! Booked our excursions last night (right after midnight when the site opened up for us!). Wish we could do more in St. Petersburg. We're doing a 9 hour excursion, and there are no others offered in the evening. Hope to meet you in May!!!!

Hope to meet you in May!!!!

I have the alarm set to book our excursions! I only wish I knew what was being offered ahead of time. Hubby probably won't want to sit and read with me. Any suggestions? I tried going through the DCL website, but descriptions seemed a bit limited.

I have the alarm set to book our excursions! I only wish I knew what was being offered ahead of time. Hubby probably won't want to sit and read with me. Any suggestions? I tried going through the DCL website, but descriptions seemed a bit limited.
If you click on Things to Do, then Port Adventures you scroll down to Northern European cruises and click on that. Then on that page on the top left there is a filter to click on for each city. I look at each excursion (don't forget to click on "more" after the short description), take a few notes and print out the ones I think my husband will also enjoy. Then I highlight how much walking is involved and other things that are pluses and minuses for that excursion(what they drive by and what is an actual stop). Then we are ready to discuss!!! I was at the computer at midnight when the Activities spot changed to Book Now!!! Don't forget to book Character breakfast, Frozen character meet and Princesses!!!

Thanks for the tips. Too windy to play tennis, so I think I'll check out Adventures now! BTW John had the BEST time dressing in his tuxedo for TE photos with the Princesses. I put on my finery for Captain America and friends!! We have some Magical memories.

Hi all!

I have signed up for this cruise. It will be number eleven for me on DCL. I am travelling solo. I do enjoy movies, canasta, rummy, board games, afternoon tea, and the piano bar lounge, and would be happy to get together with anyone else so inclined.

I do not Facebook, so I am behind in all the information. Will there be a meet on embarcation day?
Also, I would like to sign up for FE if the sign up list is still open. My DH does have a Facebook account. Would anyone mind if I use his?

I am having trouble restraining myself from packing my suitcase right now. Hope to see you aboard.

Diane

Just booked today! Will be travelling with my husband, 12 year old son and 8 year old daughter. Fish extenders anyone lol?
Hi! My husband and I will be on the cruise with our 11 year old daughter. We would love to do fish extenders... anyone interested?

Hi Maple Det,

I don't think anyone has started a fish extender group yet, but I'm sure one will get started. :)

We were thinking of flying on Norwegian since they have direct flights from Vegas. Have you flown with them before? If so, what was your experience. Right now, they only have flight (at least from Vegas) through the end of March 2017.
I am trying to find a fish extender group to join with my 11 year old daughter. Can you lead me to one?

New to the forum and first time Disney cruise for myself, my wife and our soon to be 5yo little girl. She still doesn't know we are going, abdxwill no doubt lose her mind when we tell her on her upcoming birthday."

We are very excited. We are from Toronto, Canada area and will be spending some time in Iceland prior to the cruise and staying in Denmark for a while after.

We are completely new to this type of travel, not just with DCL. So please any and all recommendations are very appreciated!

New to the forum and first time Disney cruise for myself, my wife and our soon to be 5yo little girl. She still doesn't know we are going, abdxwill no doubt lose her mind when we tell her on her upcoming birthday."

We are very excited. We are from Toronto, Canada area and will be spending some time in Iceland prior to the cruise and staying in Denmark for a while after.

We are completely new to this type of travel, not just with DCL. So please any and all recommendations are very appreciated!
We'll have our (by then) four-year-old daughter with us, so I'm happy to hear from other people with younger kids coming!

There's a FB group for the cruise with a lot of information and tips!

Do you know the name of it? Trying to find anything on Facebook these days for me is quite an operation.... yeah I'm old!

Finally situated and back, we are ready to board! I was never able to find anything available on FB about the fish extender exchange. If anyone new wants to join, we can set one up, just let me know.

I'm doing my first candy FE on the Eastbound TA. Having missed out on an exchange last year, I simply walked around and distributed my own Pixie Dust. For those of you that missed out on a FB exchange, send me your name and cabin number via a "Conversation". I'll do my best to pack a few extra goodies!

PS Don't forget to decorate your door for some added fun. Check out Pinterest for some great ideas!

Finally situated and back, we are ready to board! I was never able to find anything available on FB about the fish extender exchange. If anyone new wants to join, we can set one up, just let me know.

If you haven't found the FB group yet for Disney Magic Northern Europe 5/28/17
Here is a link... https://www.facebook.com/groups/1714385862154002/

Once the admin, Michele, adds you then you can scroll down and find the posts about Candy Exchange and Fish Extender Groups. She handles the FE groups so you can message her to let you know you want to join.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter