Disney Magic Kingdoms

I have been waiting for a quest to open up land in front of California Screamin' by the pool. Is there a quest or do we just pay for it?
I don't remember for that specific piece, but if you tap it, it will tell you what you need to do.

I am having a hard time finding these chests. The ones I did find were on pieces of land that you cannot build anything on. If these chests are here to stay, I would like the next update to be "Pirates of the Caribbean", in which I could give Jack Sparrow the command, "Find Treasure Chest". He could pull out a map and follow it to "X" marks the spot! When he has found the chest, there could be an exclaimation point above his head, and hopefully the chest would be close to him!

I was lucky and got gloves in the first gold chest I found and opened. Prioritise these.

So far the locations I can remember finding chests.
- behind the shops on the left hand side on the grass
- on the paths behind the green shop near the tree (same spot as tutorial)
- at the end of main street tucked behind the last shop on right hand side
- near the parade tent

A few (two maybe) popped up from character activities

Go one more to find have searched that entire area behind space mountain but no luck yet

I am same with the brooms. Will tap the ones I see and do a quick scan for other but then leave it.

I wish the chest didn't give magic also wish that I could spend magic to eliminate items from the chest so I can get the gloves only 1 gold so far and no gloves bought a platinum with gems and no gloves got characters to level up boo is on her 24 hour so hopefully they will see that and give me a gold chest and gloves to speed her up

I just got the update this morning. Is there a popup indicator in the upper left corner every time there is a chest available to find (as in the tutorial)? Or is this like those frustrating brooms and I just have to continuously comb the landscape?

BTW, my count on the number of brooms needed to get the gem reward (at respawn of 8 every hour) is that you would have to get up every hour at least some nights, as there are only 22 hours where you wouldn't have to find them all. How ridiculous is that?

I did the math, too, and came up with a different number than you. If my calculations are correct, to get the gem reward, you need 750 brooms, 750/8 per respawn=93.75, which would be 94 times you would need to collect 8 brooms during the event. The event lasts for six days, I believe, so 94/6=15.625, which is essentially 16 times per day it would be necessary to collect 8. So, theoretically, one could collect only during their waking hours and still get the gems, as long as you collected almost every single waking hour of every single day. I'm not saying that it's reasonable, mind you, just that it's possible.

As long as I'm calculating anyway, 40 gems is $1.99, so for all this work, one would be awarded 5 gems, which has a street value of 25 cents. Seriously. In the same vein, I notice the mini-event leaderboard awards have also gotten similarly crappy since The Incredibles event ended.

I did the math, too, and came up with a different number than you. If my calculations are correct, to get the gem reward, you need 750 brooms, 750/8 per respawn=93.75, which would be 94 times you would need to collect 8 brooms during the event. The event lasts for six days, I believe, so 94/6=15.625, which is essentially 16 times per day it would be necessary to collect 8. So, theoretically, one could collect only during their waking hours and still get the gems, as long as you collected almost every single waking hour of every single day. I'm not saying that it's reasonable, mind you, just that it's possible.

As long as I'm calculating anyway, 40 gems is $1.99, so for all this work, one would be awarded 5 gems, which has a street value of 25 cents. Seriously. In the same vein, I notice the mini-event leaderboard awards have also gotten similarly crappy since The Incredibles event ended.
I try to participate in all the events to earn gems without spending money. This one is totally unreasonable!!! If you work for a living impossible.

Did anyone else see what appears to be Splash Mountain as a reward in the Platinum Chest? If it is a secret attraction, I'm almost tempted to spend a chunk of gems on getting some extra chests.

I was lucky and got gloves in the first gold chest I found and opened. Prioritise these.

So far the locations I can remember finding chests.
- behind the shops on the left hand side on the grass
- on the paths behind the green shop near the tree (same spot as tutorial)
- at the end of main street tucked behind the last shop on right hand side
- near the parade tent

I found:

- one in the one round top tree just below the brick wall that is righ of Main Street Station; this one was platinum.
- one in between the two round topped tree just above the bridge leading to Frontierland beside the river.

Last edited:
Ok 1. I want some mini games. If we have to wait 8, 12, 24 hours for tasks to be done, then we need some mini-games that we can do sans characters to get maybe small amounts of magic or something. Because I send everyone off to do tasks in the morning, and then do the same thing 8 hours later. It's not like I'm spending a lot of time in the app! Not much to do!

2. There should be an option to opt in or opt out of the contests. That way people who couldn't care less about the minuscule magic reward can let the earlier level players who might actually get some benefit from that magic (and maybe who want to play contests) can do so. Just a thought.

3. The wish granter contests need to be awarded in "leagues," basically like level 1-5 has a first-150 place, levels 6-10 has a first-150 place, levels 11-15 has a first-150 place, etc. because level 30 players will have WAY more ability to grant wishes than people in lower levels.

4. There should be added incentive for neighbors and friends--if you have 10 friends added, get a 20% bonus on getting magic or something idk. I see some people saying there is more magic from visiting neighbors now, but it would be nice if you could find a gem from visiting a random varying neighbor's park once a day.

I don't know these are some of the thoughts I've had about the game. The update is disappointing it seems to most people because all it added were two characters and an annoying chest feature. What other changes do you think need to be made from a practical standpoint?

For those of you looking to save up magic to get Prince Charming's Regal Carousel (available when Prince Charming is Level 3, ugh!), it costs 15,500 magic.

As much as the Update notes from Gameloft said they were fixing issues with the app randomly crashing... I'm still getting crashes almost everytime I want to look at my character book. Anyone else having problems like that still?

Game freezes on me a lot. Sometimes on the loading screen, or the first character I click on once it is loaded. Every now and then it just crashes and I have to force stop the app in order for it to load properly.

I FINALLY was able to start welcoming Flynn...and then got the last Eve hat after I started his 24 hour welcome. I see no Prince Charming in sight, as I've only found one gold chest, the rest silver or bronze, and I'm not buying chests and then waiting 12 hours for a tree.

I agree with mini-games.

For those of you looking to save up magic to get Prince Charming's Regal Carousel (available when Prince Charming is Level 3, ugh!), it costs 15,500 magic.

As much as the Update notes from Gameloft said they were fixing issues with the app randomly crashing... I'm still getting crashes almost everytime I want to look at my character book. Anyone else having problems like that still?
Yes it's happening often for me.

Hi, popping in with a question!
I swear my pink gems will randomly disappear. Is this common? I KNOW I had 220 at the start of yesterday. Then I spent around 4 (almost positive it was 4) to finish Rapunzel's job early to level her up. Never spent any more. Today I have 188. I know for sure I didn't buy anything. I also swear this has happened before. Is it just me? Am I just crazy?

Did anyone else see what appears to be Splash Mountain as a reward in the Platinum Chest? If it is a secret attraction, I'm almost tempted to spend a chunk of gems on getting some extra chests.

I think it's just a Splash Mountain statue and not the actual attraction.

On another note, I totally agree about mini games. I've felt that way ever since the initial release. Ya know, something to make this app feel like an actual GAME instead of just an endless hurry-up-and-wait. As it is I spend very little time actually engaging the app...a few minutes to send everyone on their ridiculous tasks, then check back 6-8 hours later...wash, rinse, repeat.

Hi, popping in with a question!
I swear my pink gems will randomly disappear. Is this common? I KNOW I had 220 at the start of yesterday. Then I spent around 4 (almost positive it was 4) to finish Rapunzel's job early to level her up. Never spent any more. Today I have 188. I know for sure I didn't buy anything. I also swear this has happened before. Is it just me? Am I just crazy?

I kept having gems disappear like that... until I realized I was accidentally buying the 40 gem package of magic because I was clicking too fast. Happened to me 3 different times!

Regarding Splash Mountain, from the patch notes:

Inside these chests, you will find Magic, Tokens, decorations, and attractions. But if you get lucky, you will find exclusive decorations and attractions such as:
  • Splash Mountain (only found in Platinum Chest)
  • Antler Crown Topiary
  • Fish Fountain
  • Musical Fountain
I believe it is the attraction. Just wonder if the odds are worth spending gems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter