• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic July 13, 2012 2 Night

Waters finally subsiding from our back from all this rain from Debby. Pool is overflowing and part of our dock is under water! We have an infinity pool now :rotfl:
More worried about my oldest who left for his one week Boy Scout camp today in this weather. They are in Brooksville-north of us and they are under tornado warning until 8pm tonight. So, please a few prayers their way. He will have a soggy week over there. Rain is due to last until Wed now! The boys usually go around the camp on their bikes since the campsite is so big, not this time. It will be a bit swampy!
Hope their tents don't leak. at leat they are up on pallets and the boys have cots to sleep on.

Yikes....and I thought my drive to Pennsylvania to drop the kids off when we disembark was crazy, but I'm a little tired just hearing about your journey. No Palo for us this time.....but I would like to do the lunch if we can when we get onboard. If not, it will be no big deal, I'm just looking forward to chillin!

Well if you want to do brunch maybe we can do it together. Ray won't mind chatting with you husband again.

Dress code is usually "Cruise Casual", but I believe that the 2nd night is gonna be semi-formal (it was on the 6/15 sailing)

I've never been on a cruise before. What is considered "Cruise Casual" and "Semi-Formal" for men? Do you have to dress like that for all meals or just dinner?

I've never been on a cruise before. What is considered "Cruise Casual" and "Semi-Formal" for men? Do you have to dress like that for all meals or just dinner?

Disney Cruise Line has a "Cruise Casual" dress code for evening dining. As part of the "Cruise Casual" policy, it is asked that you do not wear tank tops, swim wear or shorts to the dining rooms. Jeans are allowed.

On the 3 and 4 night cruises (in our case 2) you will have one night that is designated "Optional Dress-up." It is suggested that gentleman wear a jacket and ladies either a dress or pantsuit.

"Pirate Night" is a popular event on the Disney Cruise ships. Guests are encouraged to wear pirate attire to dinner - some even go all out and wear full pirate costumes! - This will be our first night sailing

Disney Cruise Line has a "Cruise Casual" dress code for evening dining. As part of the "Cruise Casual" policy, it is asked that you do not wear tank tops, swim wear or shorts to the dining rooms. Jeans are allowed.

On the 3 and 4 night cruises (in our case 2) you will have one night that is designated "Optional Dress-up." It is suggested that gentleman wear a jacket and ladies either a dress or pantsuit.

"Pirate Night" is a popular event on the Disney Cruise ships. Guests are encouraged to wear pirate attire to dinner - some even go all out and wear full pirate costumes! - This will be our first night sailing

Thank you!

Friday:
Sail-Away Party at 4:00
Statue of Liberty about 5:30ish
Verrazano-Narrows Bridge about 6:15ish
Dinner and the show Villains Tonight!
BINGO - 7:15
Pirate Deck Party WITH the Magic in the sky that Disney is the ONLY Cruise line in the world to provide! 9:45

Saturday:
2 rounds of BINGO
Matinee Twice Charmed
Dinner and the Award Winning Disney Dreams!!

Its like a 5 night cruise packed into 2 nights!!!

Custom Cruise Lanyards have been a long time tradition aboard the Disney ships and we are carrying the tradition forward to this NY Cruise to Nowhere!!

If you are interested in a special Lanyard customized to this Disney Magic Sailing from New York to Nowhere please click the link to the google doc and add the requested information to the bottom of the list.

July 13, 2012 NY to Nowhere Lanyard List

If you would like to join in making the magic and be a part of the "Lanyard Team" send an e-mail to lanyard.pawk@gmail.com

Supply of Lanyards is limited and available on a first come first serve basis til they run out! In any event July 4th will be the cut-off to add your name to the Lanyard List to allow ample time to prepare the lanyards.

Friday:
Sail-Away Party at 4:00
Statue of Liberty about 5:30ish
Verrazano-Narrows Bridge about 6:15ish
Dinner and the show Villains Tonight!
BINGO - 7:15
Pirate Deck Party WITH the Magic in the sky that Disney is the ONLY Cruise line in the world to provide! 9:45

Saturday:
2 rounds of BINGO
Matinee Twice Charmed
Dinner and the Award Winning Disney Dreams!!

Its like a 5 night cruise packed into 2 nights!!!

Thanks for this list! I'm so glad to hear that we'll be able to see Twice Charmed! :cool1: I hope Brave isn't playing at the same time.
Now I wonder if we should switch to late dining? We'll miss the Verrazano. :sad1: Is early dining at 5:30 or 5:45 on this sailing? Does anyone know?

5:45 Main Dining - Late dining does seem to be a better option on this cruise. Or get to dinner late and eat fast at Main Dining - NY Harbor is a lot of fun to sail away from

Thanks for this list! I'm so glad to hear that we'll be able to see Twice Charmed! :cool1: I hope Brave isn't playing at the same time.
Now I wonder if we should switch to late dining? We'll miss the Verrazano. :sad1: Is early dining at 5:30 or 5:45 on this sailing? Does anyone know?

Do your servers know if you have a reservation at Palo? We're dining at Palo on the first night, so we won't have met our servers? How does this work? I'd hate to think of people sitting there waiting for tablemates that aren't going to show up?

Do your servers know if you have a reservation at Palo? We're dining at Palo on the first night, so we won't have met our servers? How does this work? I'd hate to think of people sitting there waiting for tablemates that aren't going to show up?

We usually tell our servers the night before but we've never done Palo the 1st night of a cruise. Hmmm... there's got to be some way to let them know you won't be there. I hadn't even thought of tablemates since we often cruise with so many other family members &/or friends who know we'll be gone.

We usually tell our servers the night before but we've never done Palo the 1st night of a cruise. Hmmm... there's got to be some way to let them know you won't be there. I hadn't even thought of tablemates since we often cruise with so many other family members &/or friends who know we'll be gone.

We always tell our servers, but they've always known. It's on their guest info sheets along with celebrations and allergies, they ask you at the first night in case you have forgotten.

We're trying to pack light because it's such a short cruise (our first time cruising!!) and we'll be hauling our stuff around the city. I'm wondering if a light sweater or shawl/wrap will be enough for night time?

How do you handle tips? I thought I read it was charged to your room but not sure?

Also we have the later seating for dinner-I think 8:15. Do you think we will miss the fireworks on Friday night?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter