Disney Magic February 3-7

teenal100

Earning My Ears
4 Night Cruise on Disney Magic
2 Adults
First Cruise
Cabin 7076 - Cat 5A (great room, no issues)
Dining Rotation: Animators, Carioca's, Carioca's, Lumiere's
Special Dining: Palo dinner and brunch

State Room:
Our room was great, no issues and our Cabin Stewart was very friendly and kept our stateroom in immaculate condition. (Craig from Jamaica) The beds were comfortable and everything worked in the stateroom. Ice was brought daily and the towel animals were a nice surprise each evening upon returning to our state room.
We had ample room to store our belongings and liked the split bath design. Having the two spaces made getting ready quick and easy.
The veranda was a great space to slowly wake up and greet the day.

Dining:
We dined at Palo for dinner and brunch. The service and food was outstanding. Laszlo from Hungry was our server for both meals and did an amazing job. Our server and the Chef were great with my food allergy. (Tree Nuts) During brunch, the Chef walked with me around the food stations and advised what foods would be safe to eat.
The service team in the main dining rooms were attentive and again great with my tree nut allergy. I was very impressed with the food service team and their commitment to ensuring allergy free food items.
Our main server, Putu Agus Suarjana (Agus) and Assistant Server, Pongphan Phattaraphan (Pong) were funny and attentive. Our beverages arrived at the table without fail (or ordering) and they recommended various dishes. Our last night our server brought two different desserts to our table, the one each of us ordered and one to share, advising that I could eat both desserts.
Cabannas: (one breakfast and two lunches) The buffet was good, with a large selection of foods to choose from. Food was served hot, fresh and tasty (great shrimp and crab)
The beverage station on Deck 9 was sufficient and from our 7th deck state room not a far walk.
Daisy's De Lites: Had great wraps and fresh fruit that made great mid afternoon snacks.
Room Service: We tried the BLT (good), chicken soup (hot but bland taste) fruit bowl (good), pastry in the morning (nice option for sitting on veranda and watching the waves) The service was prompt and the staff friendly.

Tasting:
The margarita/tequila tasting was fun and worth the $15.00 charge. I would do another tasting on a future cruise.

Ship:
We did a lot of walking, checking out the various decks and areas and found the ship to be in good condition. There were cast members at all times of the day cleaning and sweeping, keeping the guest areas clean and clutter free.
The entertainment was good and we were able to take in two movies during the sailing.

Castaway Cay:
Castaway Cay day was warm and sunny with a bit of a breeze, great weather for the beach. The food options were good, beverages great and the transport to the adult area of the island a short 2 tram ride. Shopping options are limited but we did manage to purchase some sun wear.

Nassau:
We did not take any excursions in Nassau as we chose to walk around on our own. There was rain later in the day but over all the day was enjoyable.

Transportation to the Port:
The one aspect that was disappointing was the transportation from the Resort to the the Ship. We were not picked up until 12:30PM and the transportation plan did not make sense. Two buses showed at our resort to pick up about half of the guests for each bus. The buses then moved onto another resorts to pick up more guests. A more logical plan would have been to fill the bus at our resort and send the second bus to the next location.
We arrived at the port about 2PM. Due to the late timing, we moved quickly through security and check in and did not have much time to look check out the terminal, as we wanted to have lunch on the ship. Next time, we will not use Disney transport to get to the ship.

Overall Impression:
The Disney cast members on the ship and Castaway Cay were friendly, helpful and had a smile on their faces. The guest service they delivered was outstanding. Other than the issues with the transportation to the port, we enjoyed our vacation and will be recommending Cruising with Disney to our family and friends.

We were on the same cruise!:) and had the same dining rotation! And we are from Canada too! :thumbsup2

I agree - great cruise (it was our first as well). Weather was great, staff was wonderful, meals were good and they did great with my allergies as well. :)

we did a tasting (Cognac) and thought it was great. We enjoyed the adults only areas. Our stateroom with verandah was lovely - we had 4 in our room but didn't find it overly crowded - probably helped that the kids were barely there!

I agree also about Disney travel. We did not book through them, we went through Cocoa beach shuttle - and they were great, and half the price for 4 of us than disney's shuttle.

Sounds fun! Did you feel like the 4 day cruise was too short?

We sail on the Magic 4 day cruise in a few weeks. I'm excited but starting to worry that we will not have our fill in just 4 days! Lol!

My itinerary has Pirate Night as night 3. Was yours on the 3rd night? Which night was dress up night? I usually try to schedule Palo on the dressy night so we don't have to dress up twice. ;)

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter