Disney Magic - Dead in Water

warrenite

Mouseketeer
Pete just posted on FB: "Disney Magic is dead in the water on our way to Cozumel. Huge puff of black smoke seen from the front of the ship followed by power failure."

Hope the problem is resolved quickly

I have quite a few friends on the cruise. i will be keeping a close eye on Facebook tonight. And maybe CNN.

I have heard they are under way again. Hopefully they will be able to complete the voyage.

We were supposed to be on this cruise. We cancelled it at the beginning of the year. We wanted to do remodeling. I feel bad for everyone on this cruise, but I'm glad we decided to cancel

I saw this on FB and they're saying the power went out for like two minutes and then they were back on they're way.

Now all of the Carnival Cruiser's will start making fun of DCL ....

I was just thinking the same thing about Carnival!

I was also booked on this cruise at one time, but decided I'd rather spend the time at WDW than on another Disney Caribbean cruise.

she got back under way.
if it was carnival it might have had to involve a tug boat.
and it would have been a very expensive camping trip.

before you keep bashing Carnival, better wait and see what happens to the Magic. Since the dry dock, this ship has and still is a mess. Rooms on the second floor continue to have flooding issues to this day. How do I know.. on the first San Juan cruise I changed rooms 3 times, as did many others, and we were told its a constant issue. Every cruise ship can have issues... including Disney as we see....

I love the Magic, but I've heard that she's defintely starting to show wear. This is bad for the Magic, but good for DCL's future ships. It wouldn't surprise me if they've been accelerated a little bit.

Also, who is Pete?

I love the Magic, but I've heard that she's defintely starting to show wear. This is bad for the Magic, but good for DCL's future ships. It wouldn't surprise me if they've been accelerated a little bit.

Also, who is Pete?
Pete Werner. One of the owners of the DISBoards.

Sayhello

Pete Werner. One of the owners of the DISBoards.

Sayhello

ROFLMAO! And they don't allow the FB references and/or links on the DIS? Yet he posted it on FB - funny, funny...................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter