Disney Magic Concierge Lounge officially open

That's pretty cool that they did a ribbon cutting! Looking forward to the pics.

Love that they did the ribbon cutting, Very cool. Can't wait to see pictures.

Just an update on my previous posts. The Concierge Lounge formally opened tonight. There was a formal ceremony with ribbon cutting etc. The lounge was packed with guests and senior cruise staff so I could not get good photo's. Will take some tomorrow.

How does the size compare to the lounge on the Dream and Fantasy?

Looking at pictures, I was surprised that the outdoor deck didn't have lounges? Or did I miss something? I was picturing cushy lounges with rolled towels, etc. Can you tell I've never cruised Concierge? Or even cruised for that matter.

I tried posting some pictures, but the wi-fi is so slow and expensive. I will try when I get proper signal which might only be when we get to Castaway Cay. The lounge is really nice. I would say half the size in comparison to the Fantasy and Dream. Being brand new they still need to resolve some teething problems. The a/c is not great and where it is situated, overlooking the Adult area it is getting direct sun making it very hot. I am positive they will have to put some blinds up to help with this. There are no loungers outside only tables and chairs. It has been open similarly to the other ships with snacks and drinks all day and complimentary alcoholic beverages after 4:45 pm. We have been quite impressed, but I must admit it feels crowded late afternoon when when everybody is there. We are still getting comp coffee from Cove Cafe and Promenade Lounge as well, not sure if this will continue. Chatted to Andy about whether the Wonder will also get a lounge, it sounds like it will only be on the cards when she goes in for her Dry Dock to get all the enhancements same as the Magic. Sorry about not being able to upload the pictures yet,I will keep on trying.

I tried posting some pictures, but the wi-fi is so slow and expensive. I will try when I get proper signal which might only be when we get to Castaway Cay. The lounge is really nice. I would say half the size in comparison to the Fantasy and Dream. Being brand new they still need to resolve some teething problems. The a/c is not great and where it is situated, overlooking the Adult area it is getting direct sun making it very hot. I am positive they will have to put some blinds up to help with this. There are no loungers outside only tables and chairs. It has been open similarly to the other ships with snacks and drinks all day and complimentary alcoholic beverages after 4:45 pm. We have been quite impressed, but I must admit it feels crowded late afternoon when when everybody is there. We are still getting comp coffee from Cove Cafe and Promenade Lounge as well, not sure if this will continue. Chatted to Andy about whether the Wonder will also get a lounge, it sounds like it will only be on the cards when she goes in for her Dry Dock to get all the enhancements same as the Magic. Sorry about not being able to upload the pictures yet,I will keep on trying.
I assume that they will put loungers and those comfy big chairs out on the sun deck like they have on the dream and fantasy? Can you inquire whether this is the case? I hope so, that is our fav place to relax!

Must admit I am underwhelmed by the spaces, understandable though given the tight space on the older ships. On the bright side better than nothing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter