Disney Magic, August 26, 2017

dizneeat

DIS Veteran
We changed our mind and are no longer on this cruise. Hope you all have a great cruise around the Med.

Last edited:
Roll call:

dizneeat - 2 adults - stateroom 7620
melonz

Last edited:

Hi I've also booked :D This will be our 5th Disney cruise. Looking forward to meeting you all and the activities :yay:

:welcome:
Great to have some fellow cruisers already!
So this will be your 5th Disney cruise? You are going to turn gold after this one!!! :woohoo:
Have you been on a cruise in the Med before?

Yes it will be our 5th so GOLD :worship:

We've done 3 transatlantic crossings and we're on the Panama Canal in August :sail::sail:

This will be our first Med cruise and my son 15 can't wait to have pizza in Italy :rolleyes1

Yes it will be our 5th so GOLD :worship:

See you at the Castaway Club reception, then. :thumbsup2 It's so nice to mingle with the officers, with a glass of the bubbly in hand some nice munchies. ::yes::

We've done 3 transatlantic crossings and we're on the Panama Canal in August :sail::sail:

Wow! I wish we could do a transatlantic - but we are stuck with my school holidays, so until I retire they are out of the question. We will be on the Panama Canal in August too. :laughing: That one works out well with my schedule.

This will be our first Med cruise and my son 15 can't wait to have pizza in Italy :rolleyes1

We've done the 12 night Med that included the Greek Isles in 2014 and we did not have the best experience on the Magic. But thank goodness we gave her a second try, doing a Western Caribbean last March. Made up for a lot.
If you need any information about the Med cruise, let me know, we learned a lot before we went. Any idea on where you are going to stay in Barcelona before the cruise?

See you at the Castaway Club reception, then. :thumbsup2 It's so nice to mingle with the officers, with a glass of the bubbly in hand some nice munchies. ::yes::

Wow! I wish we could do a transatlantic - but we are stuck with my school holidays, so until I retire they are out of the question. We will be on the Panama Canal in August too. :laughing: That one works out well with my schedule.

We've done the 12 night Med that included the Greek Isles in 2014 and we did not have the best experience on the Magic. But thank goodness we gave her a second try, doing a Western Caribbean last March. Made up for a lot.
If you need any information about the Med cruise, let me know, we learned a lot before we went. Any idea on where you are going to stay in Barcelona before the cruise?

Ahhh we love the Magic but very excited to sail on the Wonder. I would love to do the 12 night Greek <3 We usually stay at the Novotel but may try somewhere different this time. Also toying with the idea of b2b or the transatlantic again but it depends where it's going :tongue:

See you in August then! :yay:

We just booked this cruise and we are getting married on it! We had to move our wedding cruise from a February cruise because of a little souvenir we picked up on our Norway and Iceland cruise on the Magic this summer. Our little souvenir is due in February :-)

We are cruising with a fairly large group of people. We are a blended family and have 9 of us (7 kids from infant to 18 years) spread across 3 cabins. We are also sailing with 4 sets of parents (divorced and remarried), my sister and her 4 girls, a friend and her family, and another friend and her daughter.

We will be getting married one of the sea days. I'm so excited!

We will likely do a pre-stay in London as we can get daytime flights from Toronto to Heathrow, and all other European flights are red-eyes. With 7 kids there ain't no way I am going to risk little or no sleep! So we are planning on spending a few days in London with the crew and then flying to Barcelona the day before the cruise. That's the tentative plan anyhow!

My kids (will be 19, 17, 10 and the older baby will be almost two) have all sailed prior. My stepdaughters will be 11 and have not sailed before. And of course the new baby is a new sailor! My mom has cruised, and a couple of her daughters have sailed with us before, but my sister has not yet sailed. 2/4 of the parental groups have sailed, and one of my friends have also sailed with her family prior. So some newbies which will be fun, and some experienced sailors!

I am gold this cruise - my last cruise this summer was my 5th cruise and I was still Silver. I just got my gold notification in the mail *after* the sailing, so just be aware it's 5 completed cruises until one is gold.

We are also on this Cruise - our 2nd cruise and 2nd time doing the Med Cruise 7 nights on the Magic! We can't wait. This time next year, we will all be getting ready to board! We are from the UK, myself, DH, DS (who will be 8 at the time of the cruise) and DD (who will turn 6 the day after we disembark!). We are relatively new DVC members, having joined on our last cruise in 2014. Really looking forward to being in the Fish Extender Group - this was one of our favourite things from last time!

Just booked today. Second cruise but first time doing a med cruise. Very excited and definitely up for being in the fe group

We've just booked this cruise, myself, DH and DS who will be 8 by next summer. We're really excited already!

Sorry to intrude.... I'm not on this cruise. I'm doing this same cruise the week before you all. There isn't a group for that date. The other two dates don't have many on yet either. I was hoping to find someone who had done this cruise before to ask some questions and maybe get some info and tips from what they've learned.

This will be our 5th cruise with Disney. Our first on the Magic and first to Med. I spent a Christmas break and two summers in Italy in college when my parents were stationed there with the Army. I'm looking forward to showing this wonderful place to my 15yrold son.

If someone wouldn't mind answering a few questions

With the excursions being so long is it better to have the 2nd dining or is the main ok?

Has anyone done an excursion on debarkation day with Disney? If so... what happens to our luggage and is the fee to the airport included or is that paid with ground transportation?

Thanks for any help.

I just booked and super excited! First time cruiser ever...celebrating 25 year anniversary and my birthday! Could it get any better than that? Bringing 18yr and 13 yr old kids along for the excitement. Flying into Barcelona from the US and spending a couple of days to play along with the cruise. So many questions:

1. The key to the world card that appears to be linked to the room as well as being a charge card. Can someone clarify? I'm not sure I want my 13yr old running around the ship swiping his card and I'm then surprised with a bill.
2. Celebrating - What are some tips to making each event special without running them together?
3. Staterooms - I'm concerned w/ space having 2 big kids with us. I know we won't be in the room except to sleep. Is there room for luggage and 4 grown bodies in the room without feeling crammed in a sardine can?
4. Will this cruise have a Pirate Night? What have others done to prepare for this night?
5. Port excursions: What are your suggestions?
6. Gluten Free options - Can the ship accommodate to this? I don't see this on special food requests.
7. Did I mention how excited I am? Can't stand it! The kids will be told at Christmas...any fun ways to tell them??

Thanks!

This is our 2nd Disney cruise but first cruise in Europe! Will be with my husband and 6 year old boy. We are excited!

I just booked and super excited! First time cruiser ever...celebrating 25 year anniversary and my birthday! Could it get any better than that? Bringing 18yr and 13 yr old kids along for the excitement. Flying into Barcelona from the US and spending a couple of days to play along with the cruise. So many questions:

1. The key to the world card that appears to be linked to the room as well as being a charge card. Can someone clarify? I'm not sure I want my 13yr old running around the ship swiping his card and I'm then surprised with a bill.
2. Celebrating - What are some tips to making each event special without running them together?
3. Staterooms - I'm concerned w/ space having 2 big kids with us. I know we won't be in the room except to sleep. Is there room for luggage and 4 grown bodies in the room without feeling crammed in a sardine can?
4. Will this cruise have a Pirate Night? What have others done to prepare for this night?
5. Port excursions: What are your suggestions?
6. Gluten Free options - Can the ship accommodate to this? I don't see this on special food requests.
7. Did I mention how excited I am? Can't stand it! The kids will be told at Christmas...any fun ways to tell them??

Thanks!

1) you can say who can charge and who can't.

3) the rooms are bigger than you think they'd be. But put the suitcases under the bed.

4) yes it will have a pirate night and a formal night... formal night is the first at sea day (2nd night) and pirate is the other at sea night (6th) I believe.

6) Just have the Gluten thing notated in your reservation and let your server know the first night they'll help you at dinner and during the day the buffet and the quick food places have Gluten options noted. If you don't see anything...ask they are really good about making things work.

Super excited. This is our first cruise ever, and celebrating my husband's birthday. We are travelling with our three girls(14,11,7) from Egypt. Girls don't know yet so looking for ideas to surprise them. We'd love to be part of the FE group.

Super excited. This is our first cruise ever, and celebrating my husband's birthday. We are travelling with our three girls(14,11,7) from Egypt. Girls don't know yet so looking for ideas to surprise them. We'd love to be part of the FE group.
We surprised our boys w/ this trip (19,13). I made airplane boarding passes, passports, and cruise tickets for them to open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter