Disney Magic Aft Verandah Room Question

EddieK76

Mouseketeer
Thinking about changing my room to an aft verandah (if we add our daughter to the cruise). Right now I'm showing rooms on the 5th deck available but they all are white wall verandahs. So I have a few qustions

1. How is the noise, vibration, motion on an aft room on the Magic (more importantly Deck 5)?
  2. How bothersome is the white wall verandah?
  3. Any recent passengers on the Magic have any opinion on the ship especially concerning the age of the ship?

Thanks!

Thinking about changing my room to an aft verandah (if we add our daughter to the cruise). Right now I'm showing rooms on the 5th deck available but they all are white wall verandahs. So I have a few qustions

1. How is the noise, vibration, motion on an aft room on the Magic (more importantly Deck 5)?
  2. How bothersome is the white wall verandah?
  3. Any recent passengers on the Magic have any opinion on the ship especially concerning the age of the ship?

Thanks!
Deck 5 aft is our favorite location on the Magic. There are fewer cabins, it's quiet, and getting from aft to midship or forward is a delight. The hallway is never crowded, and the movie theater (and popcorn) is very close'
A few caveats. We only like 5150 or 5650 in the whitewall area. They are the farthest aft cabins on the curve of the hull. The verandas are larger than other deck 5 cabins. You can also get an aft view of the ships wake which is nice. The whitewall itself does block the lower view if seated, but I find if you want to look at the ocean you stand up anyway.
There is some vibration when the ship is going above 20knots. That happens when the ship speeds up to get to the next destination. At regular cruising speed, the vibration disappears. It never bothered us but was noticeable at speed. We were in the cabin in October on the Panama Canal 14 day cruise and loved it. The room condition was immaculate. It's hard to believe this ship is old. There was not a single scratch or mark on any wall or woodwork. The ship is kept looking new everywhere. Our favorite Disney ship after 26 cruises.

Don't forget the "secret stairs"! We love aft Nav.Verandah on the classic ships. Many times. White metal is fine with us.

We have done aft deck 8 verandah on Magic which we got as a VGT assigned room one time and we loved it so much from a location standpoint that we booked the exact same room on our upcoming sailing on the Wonder in May 2024!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter