Disney Magic - 9 nt Greek Isles - June 26th-July 6, 2022

We leave Saturday! I can't believe it's finally here! We are super excited! Safe travels everyone!

We are in Rome pre-cruise. Absolutely amazing time. Gonna need first two days onboard as a vacation from Rome. We are dead tired. Pantheon, Food Tour, Vatican Sistine Chapel…it goes on and on.

As always, I loved the ship but doubt I will ever go back to Greece, especially in July/August. Too hot and crowded. What is Disney thinking?

And what are the Greek Islanders thinking letting so many cruise ships dock at once and letting those horrible 50-passenger busses run all over? It certainly doesn't show their sites to the best advantage. I get that they are trying to make up for lost tourist monies for 2 years but a long term view would put the visitor's experience first.

It was definitely hot but we found the crowds manageable. We did do a private excursion as well. What was you favorite stop?

As always, I loved the ship but doubt I will ever go back to Greece, especially in July/August. Too hot and crowded. What is Disney thinking?

And what are the Greek Islanders thinking letting so many cruise ships dock at once and letting those horrible 50-passenger busses run all over? It certainly doesn't show their sites to the best advantage. I get that they are trying to make up for lost tourist monies for 2 years but a long term view would put the visitor's experience first.
I am always amazed at all the Americans who go on Med cruises in the summer. Its hot with no air conditioning and you walk and walk on those excursions.

Also its not what is Disney thinking, July and August are the peak tourist season in Italy, Spain, Greece, France, Portugal and Turkey. And by peak tourist season I mean thats when Europeans go on holiday. So Disney is just doing what it should do, having cruises in the peak tourist season. Not Disneys fault you find it too hot.

Again with the American view of customer service, they put the buses on because thats what the tourists want. You go to major European tourist places in the peak of tourist season and thats what happens. Its very different outside of July and August, if you go DIY to places, but then you dont have the Disney cruise.

Thats the compromise you take, go on a Disney Med cruise in July , in the hottest time of the year, in peak tourist season and be part of the cattle run, and fight for space with all the tour buses, or go DIY on your own, on a land trip, with no Disney cruise in a cooler time of the year with less tourists.

You chose a Disney cruise to Greece, so thats the consequences.

I am always amazed at all the Americans who go on Med cruises in the summer. Its hot with no air conditioning and you walk and walk on those excursions.

Also its not what is Disney thinking, July and August are the peak tourist season in Italy, Spain, Greece, France, Portugal and Turkey. And by peak tourist season I mean thats when Europeans go on holiday. So Disney is just doing what it should do, having cruises in the peak tourist season. Not Disneys fault you find it too hot.

Again with the American view of customer service, they put the buses on because thats what the tourists want. You go to major European tourist places in the peak of tourist season and thats what happens. Its very different outside of July and August, if you go DIY to places, but then you dont have the Disney cruise.

Thats the compromise you take, go on a Disney Med cruise in July , in the hottest time of the year, in peak tourist season and be part of the cattle run, and fight for space with all the tour buses, or go DIY on your own, on a land trip, with no Disney cruise in a cooler time of the year with less tourists.

You chose a Disney cruise to Greece, so thats the consequences.
You are absolutely right. I didn't do my homework and will not make that mistake again. I guess it's like folks who go to WDW and complain that it's crowded.

You are absolutely right. I didn't do my homework and will not make that mistake again. I guess it's like folks who go to WDW and complain that it's crowded.
You are not the only one. On my recent trip to West Coast, I met a couple from Florida who are booked on a Greece cruise with a different company in a few weeks. I told them the same thing and they were amazed and said we are from Florida, we are used to heat. But no, you are used to American air conditioning in a hot climate and you dont go hiking for hours in the hottest part of the day in Florida. They got a shock when I said that I would never go on a Med / Greek cruise in July but I would go to Arizona or Texas in July. Arizona or Texas in July theres air conditioning and you avoid going outside in the hottest part of the day.

You are not the only one. On my recent trip to West Coast, I met a couple from Florida who are booked on a Greece cruise with a different company in a few weeks. I told them the same thing and they were amazed and said we are from Florida, we are used to heat. But no, you are used to American air conditioning in a hot climate and you dont go hiking for hours in the hottest part of the day in Florida. They got a shock when I said that I would never go on a Med / Greek cruise in July but I would go to Arizona or Texas in July. Arizona or Texas in July theres air conditioning and you avoid going outside in the hottest part of the day.
Actually, I found the actual Greek Isles to be fine. Santorini was a bit crowded in the afternoon when the large ship came in (around 1pm), but it wasn’t terrible. Also, we were the only ship in port on our day in Mykonos (and Crete as well, I believe). Temps at each were not bad.

However, Rome, Athens, and especially Naples were uncomfortable to just plain miserable.

All that said, I’d do this cruise again in a heartbeat. We loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter