Disney Magic, 10/15/2016 - New York

Hey all. Question... Are we able to make fastpasses ahead of time for our day in the parks? And if so, how many days out? Thanks.

Hey all. Question... Are we able to make fastpasses ahead of time for our day in the parks? And if so, how many days out? Thanks.

I've been wondering about this one too. When I call to make dinner reservations for WDW in about a week I'm going to ask them how the FastPass+ is going to work for us cruisers.

Hi Everyone!

My husband and I will we celebrating our one year anniversary on this cruise. We're from Staten Island, so not having to deal with the airport is a super blessing. We can't wait!

~Alicia

I agree. Going out of NY is so convenient. I'm upstate. About 3 hours from the city. So we hop on an early bus and we are there late morning.

Hi all - joining the thread - we're from Jersey & the whole family is going. It's me, DH, DD (26), DS's (24 & 11). We're platinum (except for youngest). We've done Magic, Wonder, & Dream; Bahamas, Alaska, & Canada (from NY but never one from NY to Bahamas). We're excited for the sea days & the special treat of going to MK from the cruise. We did Halloween last year & are excited about the story tree and party. Can't wait to see you all and hope we have a great time getting ready.

Hi all - joining the thread - we're from Jersey & the whole family is going. It's me, DH, DD (26), DS's (24 & 11). We're platinum (except for youngest). We've done Magic, Wonder, & Dream; Bahamas, Alaska, & Canada (from NY but never one from NY to Bahamas). We're excited for the sea days & the special treat of going to MK from the cruise. We did Halloween last year & are excited about the story tree and party. Can't wait to see you all and hope we have a great time getting ready.
Hi. Welcome! Since you've done a Halloween cruise before, question... Does most everyone dress in Disney costumes? Would I feel silly and out of place with a non- Disney costume?

w/
Hi. Welcome! Since you've done a Halloween cruise before, question... Does most everyone dress in Disney costumes? Would I feel silly and out of place with a non- Disney costume?

hi - the nyc cruises may be different - leaving from pc a lot of people could only bring the amount of luggage they can take on the plane - but in nyc if they're driving to the pier they may be able to take more - and then can bring costumes - but last year leaving out of pc there was about 50/50 in costumes - we didn't wear costumes and it wasn't awkward - and those that did wear costumes also didn't feel awkward - it was all just cool - and the costumes weren't only Disney - very varied - some simple - some really impressive - for us - I don't think we're going to be fully costumed - but will probably wear our assortment of Disney Halloween t-shirts and hats just to be fun

This will be our first Disney cruise. Very excited. Looking to cofirm whether or not we can drop things at guest services for characters to sign or not. Also would love to learn about the fish extenders Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
This will be our first Disney cruise. Very excited. Looking to cofirm whether or not we can drop things at guest services for characters to sign or not. Also would love to learn about the fish extenders Thanks for your help!
No, they no longer have item dropoff for signatures (that ended almost a year ago). If you want autographs, you must bring your item to the various meet & greets to be signed.

Hi all..... We just booked our cruise and there is so much excitement in the house. My parents, daughter and I have all done a Disney cruise before on the Disney dream in 2013 but this will be my Husbands first cruise ever. I am looking forward to this trip because I have done more research and learned things I didn't know the last time. We live in NJ about an hour and a half from where the ships port and I am so happy we don't have to worry about booking a flight to FL ( I can now pack a little more and not have to worry about the weight limit) This trip will be a birthday celebration for my daughter who ill be turning 9.

Hi all..... We just booked our cruise and there is so much excitement in the house. My parents, daughter and I have all done a Disney cruise before on the Disney dream in 2013 but this will be my Husbands first cruise ever. I am looking forward to this trip because I have done more research and learned things I didn't know the last time. We live in NJ about an hour and a half from where the ships port and I am so happy we don't have to worry about booking a flight to FL ( I can now pack a little more and not have to worry about the weight limit) This trip will be a birthday celebration for my daughter who ill be turning 9.

Welcome! We live in Burlington County, NJ and I'm so excited to not have to worry about the airport and baggage hassle too!
Research is definitely helpful! I wish I knew about the chaos that is the buffet at embarkation. Luckily everything was awesome after that and now we are going on our 4th. I really prefer the calmer sit down restaurant for embarkation lunch. The tips on these boards are so helpful. Hope everyone has a great time!

Welcome! We live in Burlington County, NJ and I'm so excited to not have to worry about the airport and baggage hassle too!
Research is definitely helpful! I wish I knew about the chaos that is the buffet at embarkation. Luckily everything was awesome after that and now we are going on our 4th. I really prefer the calmer sit down restaurant for embarkation lunch. The tips on these boards are so helpful. Hope everyone has a great time!

Oh ok you are further south then we are we are in Warren County, NJ.

For the day at WDW are we responsible for our own meals that day or is there vouchers given so I know how to budget our spending that day?

Also I was reading about the fish extenders and wanted to participate and from what I read here is where we are supposed to post about that for this trip but I wasn't sure how to go about it or if there was a list we got added to.

For the day at WDW are we responsible for our own meals that day or is there vouchers given so I know how to budget our spending that day?

Also I was reading about the fish extenders and wanted to participate and from what I read here is where we are supposed to post about that for this trip but I wasn't sure how to go about it or if there was a list we got added to.

You are on your own for meals at WDW.
I'm not participating in the FE but I do know there are groups formed on the not allowed to mention social media site.

You are on your own for meals at WDW.
I'm not participating in the FE but I do know there are groups formed on the not allowed to mention social media site.

Thank you I figured we were on our own but just wanted to double check.

For the FE everything I have read about keeps telling me to go here to the meet for my cruise even on those sites that shall not be named say to come here but I haven't seen any postings about it so I wasn't sure if there was another place to go on the DIS boards or if no one was doing it for this cruise and being an FE first timer I wasn't sure of the protocol. I noticed other threads with ppl asking about it also but they didn't get a response either

Thank you I figured we were on our own but just wanted to double check.

For the FE everything I have read about keeps telling me to go here to the meet for my cruise even on those sites that shall not be named say to come here but I haven't seen any postings about it so I wasn't sure if there was another place to go on the DIS boards or if no one was doing it for this cruise and being an FE first timer I wasn't sure of the protocol. I noticed other threads with ppl asking about it also but they didn't get a response either
Are you a member on the social media site? It's a closed group specific to this cruise. There's definitely FE groups formed and I think you just add yourself to the spreadsheet that has an opening.

Are you a member on the social media site? It's a closed group specific to this cruise. There's definitely FE groups formed and I think you just add yourself to the spreadsheet that has an opening.

I Did find the groups on the other sites but what I was saying before was that all the info u find leads u to DIS boards but then getting here there is not a lot to say about the FE program. It is my first time doing it so when I researched it this was the place to come but then I am told to go elsewhere so really what I the point of being on DIS if I can get the same info and meet the same ppl on the social media site. That kind of set up kinda pushes people away from this site and off to the other ones and it makes it very confusing to those who are new to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter