Disney Magic - 05/10/13 (May 10, 2013) - Calling All Kids At Heart

So I logged into my reservation and it said "last day to book" on the activities. And out of habit, I went to Day 4 Castaway Cay looking and hoping for a Family Beach Cabana...and it was THERE! Family Beach Cabana #5. So I quickly clicked on it and it woudn't let me add it to my cart :(! So I called Disney Reservations and Jan could see the cabana too, but said it shouldn't be showing because the online bookings closed yesterday...but she could sense how muchI wanted it and would do whatever she could to get it for me. Well Jan called Elaine and together they got the beach cabana for us!

I am beyond excited since we are celebrating DD's birthday on this cruise.

We are only a party of 3 (DD turns 3 on the cruise), so we are open to sharing the cabana with another family since it does accomodate up to 10.

So I logged into my reservation and it said "last day to book" on the activities. And out of habit, I went to Day 4 Castaway Cay looking and hoping for a Family Beach Cabana...and it was THERE! Family Beach Cabana #5. So I quickly clicked on it and it woudn't let me add it to my cart :(! So I called Disney Reservations and Jan could see the cabana too, but said it shouldn't be showing because the online bookings closed yesterday...but she could sense how muchI wanted it and would do whatever she could to get it for me. Well Jan called Elaine and together they got the beach cabana for us!

We are only a party of 3 (DD turns 3 on the cruise), so we are open to sharing the cabana with another family since it does accomodate up to 10.

We are celebrating my birthday on this cruise! A family of 4. What is the price of the cabana?

Congrats on your great snag! It's always so fun when something like that happens.

The captain gets to choose the time zone. I expect the time-zone to change to East Coast time pretty soon after we set sail, and stay on east coast time almost until we return to Galveston. That way the ship will be on the same time zone for Florida ASAP.
I went back and looked at the Navigator from the Jan 18th & Feb 15. They moved up an hour on Saturday evening. Then moved back on Thursday evening. I'm sure the Captain can do it different on our cruise. But is is posted in the Navigator.

Amy's printing up our door magnets today. I went and got the door hanger and our thank you envelopes printed (since our printer doesn't like card stock) for the tips.

Anyone else going to decorate their doors? I love to go see them and take pics.

Jim

Amy's printing up our door magnets today. I went and got the door hanger and our thank you envelopes printed (since our printer doesn't like card stock) for the tips.

Jim

We are!!!! Can't wait!!!

Jim

Got a set of black and white WDW pictures printed on magnetic sheeting at our local Disney Store outlet. The lady at the checkout counter told me they previously sold markers, but were out. I colored them with Sharpies. Instant door decorations!

Jim

Yep, we are! I've made both magnets and "ears" for the door to change out every couple of days.

Jim

Yes we have our ears and magnets too :)

Enjoy the cabana. I was planning on letting everyone know that I was releasing it, but I did not get around to it. They sure are a great treat for Castaway Cay!!!

Since so many of use are military I thought some of you might like this for your door -

6022765452_5277efd690_b_zps139f4a5a.jpg

Also Milliepie has all these -

http://s628.photobucket.com/user/milliesky/library/American Pride Military?sort=4&page=1

Password DISfriends

Jim

We are all packed and ready to head to Galveston tomorrow. DH teaches part-time at a local university, so as soon as he gives his final tomorrow, finalizes grades, and gets them posted, we will head north!

We've had an unexpected bump in the road. DH's 93 yr. old aunt, who lives in a nearby town, fell and broke her hip. They performed surgery last night, so we went to see her in the hospital today. She is alert, but not happy about this adventure. :p Seems to be doing well despite her circumstance. She will go to rehab by Friday.

Wishing all safe travels.

Sorry to hear about your Aunt's fracture, and I hope that she heals well! Regarding the Fisney stroller, you can just rent at the gate. The only drawback is that they are hard rather than soft seats. I'd recommend bringing a colorful bandana to tie to the handle to distinguish from the herd if other dis strollers.

Safe travels everyone!

We're STILL packing!
And, to make matters worse, last night our dryer decided to quit with a bang. Of course it's almost 34 years old, so I guess it's about time.
Now we have to look forward to finding a replacement when we get back.

AND, DH did something to his eye- so now he's prematurely dressed for Pirate Night. He's wearing a patch!

And the fun continues....:lmao:

We're STILL packing!
And, to make matters worse, last night our dryer decided to quit with a bang. Of course it's almost 34 years old, so I guess it's about time.
Now we have to look forward to finding a replacement when we get back.

AND, DH did something to his eye- so now he's prematurely dressed for Pirate Night. He's wearing a patch!

And the fun continues....:lmao:

34 years! WoW! That's better than some marriages. ;) Your dryer conking out is like the oven blowing up the day before Thanksgiving! YIKES! Hope you got everything dry you needed.

Doubt your husband is happy about his pre-pirate look. Hope it's better by sail away.
I think maybe you all need some of this------>pixiedust:

I DEFINITELY will need some of that!
We leave tonight and DH just let me know NOW that he didn't even think about bringing a camera, so we don't have all of our accessories to charge the darn thing!
The only one that we have that has everything together is big enough to count as another piece of luggage!

:sad1::scared::crazy2::(

I DEFINITELY will need some of that!
We leave tonight and DH just let me know NOW that he didn't even think about bringing a camera, so we don't have all of our accessories to charge the darn thing!
The only one that we have that has everything together is big enough to count as another piece of luggage!

:sad1::scared::crazy2::(

We were recently on a cruise on the Allure with my bro and SIL. They used their cell phones exclusively for pictures. They both have iPhones and their pictures were amazing. Don't know if you are techy guys, but it's an alternative.

"Tomorrow, tomorrow", oops that's not Disney...

"One more dawn, one day more", oops, wrong again...

"Just one day out there", got Disney but wrong idea...

Oh well, We leave tomorrow for Galveston!!!!

Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter