Disney Magic - 05/10/13 (May 10, 2013) - Calling All Kids At Heart

I know there may mostly be mom's reading this post but I am looking for something special for my bride on Sunday, May 12. Does anyone know if there will be anything on the ship to honor mom's or any ideas to make it awesome?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim,

I am sneaking greeting cards on-board for the kids to give to DW that morning. Also booked a massage mid-morning for her. Because Palo is all booked up that day, and because we'd want to have breakfast/brunch with the kids on Mother's day, I am hoping/expecting Lumiere's Restaurant to have a nice breakfast/brunch that day.

I know there may mostly be mom's reading this post but I am looking for something special for my bride on Sunday, May 12. Does anyone know if there will be anything on the ship to honor mom's or any ideas to make it awesome?

Thanks,
Tim

I don't know about your wife but my favorite thing my hubby does that you can do anywhere and now can get DCL to help is I love, love, love sleeping in and taking a bath BY MYSELF (not sure you have children or their ages so if no kids maybe a pampered breakfast and some "alone time" (sorry if too personal :goodvibes))!!!! I have small children this is a LUXURY! He plans on taking the kids to breakfast (I am really hoping its not our character day) and me joining them half way in so I can sleep in spend time getting ready by myself - hmmm maybe even get to do my hair and put on my face lol! He is also ordering room service to get me started in the morning (you can actually call the night ahead too) now with Mothers Day if everyone does this they may not be able to honor the request but worth a shot. Also as someone mentioned you can do flowers, or cake ahead of time. We did the cake and cheese plate last time both were awesome. However, the same cheese plate you pay for comes free almost looking the same way from room service....

Anyways just some thoughts!

I have a scanned listing of the Hidden Mickey's and their clues. If someone wants them plus the suggestions for how to make a game of it let me know.

Jim

One thing u could do is do a digital contest so you give the list to all playing then set a time limit and see who can get pics of the most in that time limit

Getting so close!! I actually packed our clothes today! Just four more days till we start heading that way!!!

Just trying to plan clothes and outfits :-) what do you wear on CC day? Just swimsuits and coverups all day, if you are on the island???

Just trying to plan clothes and outfits :-) what do you wear on CC day? Just swimsuits and coverups all day, if you are on the island???

Yes I am thinking beach-bum attire all day! :)

Question on dress code for Palo's. Dress code states for men: dress pants and shirt or jacket. Can DH get away with dress pants and a mock turtleneck shirt? Or should he just wear his tux?

Question on dress code for Palo's. Dress code states for men: dress pants and shirt or jacket. Can DH get away with dress pants and a mock turtleneck shirt? Or should he just wear his tux?

My husband wore a black cabana style shirt and black dress slacks. I wore a maxi and I think what your describing us just fine. Disney cruising is just not as dressy as some ships we've been on. We love Palo and try to make it every trip...
Have a wonderful time !!!!

Thanks for the good vibes. We too received a category 5B, but on deck 7. Last time we were on Deck 6 and loved it.

It feels real now, can't wait. We bought a big poster-board at Kroger and created a countdown calendar for the kids. They get to make a big 'X' each night before bed on the date, and they are getting so excited.

We hit the Disney Outlets and stocked up on new shirts and pjs for the entire family. there is an Outlet in route from Houston to Galveston, so I imagine there are plenty of cruisers that shop here.

Hi! I know what you mean about the "cruise feeling real now" because we felt that way too. My daughter is so excited. We made a disney countdown chain in "Magic" colors and she breaks one off each day. We made a pirate Mickey head to hold it on her wall.

I know that store well! ;)

Getting close now...good luck with packing! I was trying to be done with the main packing by today but I'm still working on it. How old are your kids? My daughter's 5. (Our 1st Disney cruise!):)

Hi all!

We will be cruising in 9 days on the Magic too! We are so excited! It will be me, my husband, our 5 year old daughter and 11 month old son. Our first Disney cruise!

Our 1st Disney cruise too. My daughter is 5 too. Her name is Sarah. Maybe they will meet in the kids club.

Are you packed? Like others have mentioned it's a bit hard to focus on the non-cruise details this week . Have DD packed and most of my gear but not DH.

Magic begins soon.. I am finishing this: :laundy::)

So excited! I've been obsessively checking for a Ohana res earlier than the 925 one I got (too late - afraid of not getting back to the boat in time!) I was just going to show up early for the res and hope to get seated earlier. Well, today I was rewarded. I probably checked 6 times today, and this afternoon, a 645 res opened!!!!!!! So happy. Ohana is a little bit of a tradition for us and Disney.

Here is what I did with our hunt -

DCL2012Magicsarahorton_mouseblocks_tempHiddenMickeyspost_zpsd1841c85.jpg

Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter