Disney Magic - 05/10/13 (May 10, 2013) - Calling All Kids At Heart

When do we find out what day we deliver our gifts?

You can deliver the gifts whenever you want to!:) The gifts can be geared for the whole cabin, just for kids or what ever you like. If there are no kids in the cabin, then you can gear your gifts toward the adults. My gifts are usually for the whole cabin. One cruise I did do fun stuff for the kids but for the "honeymooners" with no kids, I made personalized water bottles, journals, and sleep masks. Whatever you come up will be great and much appreciated. Have fun with it!!!

If you wanted something signed that was cloth, do you need to have your own pen, or will they have a pen that works on fabric? This is for both the drop off signing and the character meet and greets. Just want to be prepared if I need to include these with my FE gifts. Thanks! Also as far as any meet ups for the FE, my little man usually wakes up around 8-0830. I think that would be too early for us especially considering that we will be on EST so it is more like 0730. So excited! I just hope we are able to finish our FE and gifts on time.

Are you leaving the cloth items at Guest Services? If so, they usually like to use their own markers (laundry I assume?) so that way it can be washed. I brought permanent markers once and they said I could keep them because they have their own. Good thing too because the 2 characters at Disneyland I had sign our pillow cases washed off. The character signatures from our cruise have been washed many times. The character meet and greets I always have my own pen but sometimes the cast members have pens too.

How about 9 instead? Wear your jammies :) The DVC reception is at 10 so I don't want to miss that. But I'll leave the sign if needed and then we can also plan to meet for lunch :)

Hi Susan, how do you know the DVC reception is at 10? From past personal navigators? Last cruise we actually got a call from the DVC rep that would be on the cruise. I don't want to miss that either! I'm not sure about breakfast or lunch but I will certainly try! How about posting a list of happenings on Zandersmom's cabin? Poor Becca will have a lot of foot traffic! Too bad we don't have a facebook account for this cruise. It's nice to match pictures to names that way you can introduce yourself.

Well, the thing to be signed is an fe gift, so I'm not sure if people will want to drop it off at guest services or take it to a meet and great. I guess I will just pick up a laundry marker for each cabin that gets one. Thanks for the help.:)

Well, the thing to be signed is an fe gift, so I'm not sure if people will want to drop it off at guest services or take it to a meet and great. I guess I will just pick up a laundry marker for each cabin that gets one. Thanks for the help.:)

Sounds really neat! Can't wait to see what it is. Just made me think...I didn't put my Dis name on our FE gifts. Darn...

Amy and I don't have kids. I was looking for a Palo brunch but didn't see any open. If you don't mind two people?

Jim

Although I would of loved to dine with you both I presume I only have a table for 2 booked so I wouldn't be able to add you both, sorry. There is an opening just now for a brunch on 1st seaday at 11am :thumbsup2

I have a Palo brunch booked by myself - My DD is 10, and she will be in the kids club while I eat :) Weds May 15th is when I have mine booked. I should be able to add one to my res :)

Hi, I would love to share a brunch if your up for it:cool1:
My dd will be in club too.

How about we do a get together on Saturday, May 11 at the breakfast buffet (Topsiders, right?) starting at 0830? Jammies are welcome. I will make a sign to hang/post/something so people know where we are gathering.

Any objections/better ideas? :)

I'm definitely up for this, great to meet up with fellow dis'ers :wave2:

Hi Susan, how do you know the DVC reception is at 10? From past personal navigators? Last cruise we actually got a call from the DVC rep that would be on the cruise. I don't want to miss that either! I'm not sure about breakfast or lunch but I will certainly try! How about posting a list of happenings on Zandersmom's cabin? Poor Becca will have a lot of foot traffic! Too bad we don't have a facebook account for this cruise. It's nice to match pictures to names that way you can introduce yourself.

Still Not too late for you to organise a facebook group:rotfl:, would be easier to recognise folks once onboard

Haven't checked in for awhile and the thread has kind of exploded! Looks like the excitement for this cruise is revving up.

Has anyone here ever done the 5K (?unsure if that is the correct distance) walk on Castaway Cay? We are thinking this might be a kind of fun thing to do. I'm not a runner, but do try to walk 4-5 times a week.

denamo said:
Haven't checked in for awhile and the thread has kind of exploded! Looks like the excitement for this cruise is revving up.

Has anyone here ever done the 5K (?unsure if that is the correct distance) walk on Castaway Cay? We are thinking this might be a kind of fun thing to do. I'm not a runner, but do try to walk 4-5 times a week.

Hi denamo,

I have not been to castaway cay before but I am hoping to do the 5k as well. I found a thread about it on the boards, if I can find the link I will post.

Anyone else thinking about doing the castaway cay 5k?

Gennie

Although I would of loved to dine with you both I presume I only have a table for 2 booked so I wouldn't be able to add you both, sorry. There is an opening just now for a brunch on 1st seaday at 11am :thumbsup2

Not a problem though the brunch got grabbed since your post :D

I'm pretty flexible on meets.

Jim

I am hoping for low to moderate crowds for our WDW day. Some past cruiser have reported extreme crowd levels for their days, but appears there is still hope for us...

Any time between May 1 – 16 would be best. You’ll find the lowest crowds of the month and be able to enjoy Epcot’s Flower and Garden Festival. You also won’t need to worry about the Star Wars Weekend crowds at Hollywood Studios. The weather is also cooler.

Things that will be closed:

Carousel of Progress at Magic Kingdom will be closed from May 13th through May 15th, reopening on May 16th.
Cinderella’s Royal Table at Magic Kingdom will be closed from May 13th through May 16th, reopening on May 17th.
Mad Tea Party at Magic Kingdom will be closed from April 10th through May 21st, reopening on May 22nd.

a little late to the party but we've just booked (literally) and are so excited! Our first Disney Cruise and our first cruise as a family. Traveling with DS 4 & 10 along with DH and g-parents! Cannot wait!!!

a little late to the party but we've just booked (literally) and are so excited! Our first Disney Cruise and our first cruise as a family. Traveling with DS 4 & 10 along with DH and g-parents! Cannot wait!!!

Welcome.

BTW are we going to start a photo thread? With 8 days, 3 ports, a Disney day, I'm sure there will be a lot of full memory chips out there :goodvibes

Jim

Not sure about the photo thread, but I think someone said they were going to set up a Facebook page but I haven't seen it posted.

That would be a bummer for those of us not on Facebook!

I like the idea of a photo thread.

21 days!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter