• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic - 05/10/13 (May 10, 2013) - Calling All Kids At Heart

We have never been to Galveston before, so I need to research as well for things we might want to do Thursday evening/Friday morning before heading to the ship.

Recommendations are appreciated. My DH loves good seafood, so I would like to find a great dinner spot that works for having an almost 3 year old as well.

Probably the best and most famous seafood place is Gaido's. If you don't mind very casual they own Casey's next door. A lot cheaper and a similar menu!

I'm semi-local and was just in Galveston for Mardi GRAS if you have any questions.

On various threads, I have seen pre-designed signs cruisers are putting on their doors. Posters then request personalizations of these pre-designed signs. These are posted on photobucket. Is the only way to have a sign personalized is asking the person posting to do it and upload it to the thread for you or can you somehow download it from photobucket and then personalize it yourself?

BTW...Great find...I was at our Disney outlet store yesterday and found a printed black and white sheet of magnets with all types of of iconic pictures and expressions such as Mickey's wizard hat, the castle, each of the names of the parks, "Believe in Magic," "Dream," just to mention a few. As I checked out, I was informed these can be colored. The girl checking me out said they once had the markers. Didn't even think of doing that; I will be breaking out the Sharpies soon! These will be perfect to decorate our cabin door.

FE List Update coming soon! Kelley and Kara, I promise to update our list with your family information ASAP, though I had to travel unexpectedly for work this week and have been completely tied up. :scared: At this rate I will really need some R&R on our cruise, though I'm thankful to have a job that will help pay for our great trip. Anyway, so sorry for the delay!:badpc:

No worries at all! We are happy to be here!!!!:cool1:

My DH and I will be on this cruise with all you guys! Can't wait. The last time I was on a cruise I was in high school & my DH has never been on a cruise. This will be so much fun..Anyone out there waiting like me for Sunday to book cruise activities? I hope there are still early times for bus to HS, crossing my fingers.

OhioInlanders said:
Hi s232271,

After an extensive discussion with my TA last night, I didn't do it. I have a good price right now, and she is pretty sure that if the better rates are offered, she can re-book us at the new rate even if we are within the 75 day period.

For now the strategy remains "wait and see" and make the TA do all the hard work if a discount is offered.
Just an FYI
Did u see march 29th has the GT rates again but at a much much higher rate!! The IGT starts at 1969!!! Wow!!! Glad I didn't cancel if ours ends up like that. The OGT is nearly 2300 and VGT is 2700!!! Previous the VGT was the 1969.

DH, myself, and DD (10) will be on this cruise. We currently have a GTY and are anxiously awaiting our assignment. It's our first time (of 6 cruises) not to book an actual number. DH gets sea sick and we always cruise deck 2 aft. But with the prices being offered, he was willing to take the chance. :cool1: Here's hoping it pays off, otherwise, he'll be sound asleep for most of the cruise...;)

See everyone on board!

Just an FYI
Did u see march 29th has the GT rates again but at a much much higher rate!! The IGT starts at 1969!!! Wow!!! Glad I didn't cancel if ours ends up like that. The OGT is nearly 2300 and VGT is 2700!!! Previous the VGT was the 1969.

After much debate, I cancelled before the paid in full date. I am going to hold out hope that low IGT, OGT, or VGT rates are offered.

DH, myself, and DD (10) will be on this cruise. We currently have a GTY and are anxiously awaiting our assignment. It's our first time (of 6 cruises) not to book an actual number. DH gets sea sick and we always cruise deck 2 aft. But with the prices being offered, he was willing to take the chance. :cool1: Here's hoping it pays off, otherwise, he'll be sound asleep for most of the cruise...;)

See everyone on board!

Not sure if it helps you, but I cancelled our cruise and we were in inside cabin 2011.

After much debate, I cancelled before the paid in full date. I am going to hold out hope that low IGT, OGT, or VGT rates are offered.

Part of me wants to join you in doing this, but I'm so nervous about the price increasing. We are new Disney cruisers. Is there usually a significant rate decrease on cabins after final payment kicks in?

I better make a decision quickly since today is the last day to do this without penalty.

I called Disney cruise folks today to ask about our specific rooms and what types of beds are in our rooms...any who....she said that since payment is due at 11:59 pm on February 24, that is when our booking window opens. I was thinking it was midnight tonight (eastern time), but she said it's really tomorrow at midnight. Does that sound right to you all?

PP said they were getting up in 6 hours to make reservation, so I'm thinking I might not be the only one who misunderstood the timing/date thing???

Awoke at 5:55 AM this morning, logged onto computer at 6:00 AM, and made all the reservations I wanted (so far). Ressies are 7:15 AM Bus to MK on Day 5, one dinner and one brunch at Palo, and one massage. Also selected port arrival time of 12:00 Noon (though all other times were still available).:cool1:

This cruise is starting to feel real now :thumbsup2

Going back to bed for anther hour now. Night-night.

OhioInlanders said:
Awoke at 5:55 AM this morning, logged onto computer at 6:00 AM, and made all the reservations I wanted (so far). Ressies are 7:15 AM Bus to MK on Day 5, one dinner and one brunch at Palo, and one massage. Also selected port arrival time of 12:00 Noon (though all other times were still available).:cool1:

This cruise is starting to feel real now :thumbsup2

Going back to bed for anther hour now. Night-night.

That's great! We're the 615 am ones still therefor MK? And what
time did u get for Palos ?

Stayed up late last night and was able to book at 11 pm central (midnight eastern standard time). Joining some of you guys on early bus to HS. Got the palo res I wanted!! 75 more days!!

Oh man, confused as to how the CM totally messed that up. We had a whole conversation on it....oh well. No harm.

I was able to get an 11:00 check in time, and the 6:30 bus to Epcot...so that we can take the monorail to MK and make our 8:10 pre-park opening breakfast time. Still thinking about Palo day and time, we'll see what we can get.

We got on last night and booked the 7:15 bus to Epcot. Also booked Palo night dinner for day 3. Getting excited...

There were still Palo ressies available on all days at 6:00 am this morning. I booked brunch on day six and dinner on day seven.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter