• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney lacks diversity?

Of course Ariel is French, she is from the sea like Jacque Cousteau, no? :beach:

That is why I dont watch FOX it is not news!

Angelena is a whole other buch of rotton apples to sort through. When I start looking to her for my morality then I know I am in trouble.

Her and FOX need to get for real and a life. OK rant over!

Hmmm...you don't like a specific news agency? Sounds like me with CNN. CNN likes to push one side of the story. FOX is where the conservative side is pushed vs CNN pushes the liberal side. What network you enjoy usually shows your views on how the world should be run.

As for Angelina..... She proves her worth every time she opens her mouth.

Well, not many people know this, but Cinderella and Rapunzel were a couple at one time... Then some members of the village threatened to kick them out and made laws against that kind of 'happily ever after'. They locked Rapunzel in a high tower and then made Cindy live with her father and stepmother in a different village.

The story continues:

So, after Cindy's father dies, well, you kind of know the story from there.. but what you didnt know was that the "Prince's Ball" was really the "PRINCESS BALL"... Yes, indeed, it was a Princess looking for a spouse, NOT a prince, as previously reported. So Cindy's fairy godmother who was really just a very nice guy with a closet full of gorgeous designer gowns and shoes, lent her an outfit. She went to the ball, and met the Princess and they of course fell in love. The evil stepmother and ugly stepsisters were so mad, they created a Bill that would make happily ever after illegal for Cindy and the Princess.
The Princess' father, the king, of course was very upset.. he went to one his closest staff, the vice-king, who had a daughter who also had a partner and asked his opinion of the matter. The vice king threw up his hands and said.. 'i just pretend it doesnt exist.. you know, like make believe!'. And so they all just kind of pretended it was all a made up fairy tale.

But remember that very nice guy?? he was also a very good lawyer and political activist!! And well, sooner or later, (sooner we hope) Cindy and the Princess will be able to truly say they lived happily ever after.

Disney does stories that have already been written. How many african princess fairy tales are there?

And if there is one, I'm sure it's some tribe story, and they'd be deemed racist, showing some princess living in the bush.

Hmmm...you don't like a specific news agency? Sounds like me with CNN. CNN likes to push one side of the story. FOX is where the conservative side is pushed vs CNN pushes the liberal side. What network you enjoy usually shows your views on how the world should be run.

As for Angelina..... She proves her worth every time she opens her mouth.

Well since I usually watch MSNBC I dont know where you feel that leaves me. As far as my political stance was a Republican now feel I am a Democrat and proud of it ThankYouVeryMuch. Most of my views are very middle of the road. Since I vote both ways you might want to say I am an independent. Who knows or cares for that matter. Angelina is hidious no matter what way you butter the bread.

Mulan- Chinese
Pocohontus- Native American (and a very poor portrayal at that)
Jasmine- Arab from the 13th century, apparently very culturally imperialistic.
Meg- Greek
Alice- British
Ariel- French
Lilo- Hawian

Did an essay on it! lol!

you forgot

belle- french
cinderella-french
snowwhite- german

angelina has no clue!:mad:

Well since I usually watch MSNBC I dont know where you feel that leaves me. As far as my political stance was a Republican now feel I am a Democrat and proud of it ThankYouVeryMuch. Most of my views are very middle of the road. Since I vote both ways you might want to say I am an independent. Who knows or cares for that matter. Angelina is hidious no matter what way you butter the bread.

MSNBC is similar to CNN - quite liberal in its story telling. And Middle of the road usually means that you like to please everyone and not make anyone mad. Which is not a bad thing.....:hug:
:duck:
I used to think I was independent until one day I woke up and saw great American ideals that I love and believe in getting taken away by people that vote which ever way the wind blows. That was when I started voting for reps on principle knowing that not every politician will meet my expectations but a half loaf is better than no loaf.

MSNBC is similar to CNN - quite liberal in its story telling. And Middle of the road usually means that you like to please everyone and not make anyone mad. Which is not a bad thing.....:hug:
I used to think I was independent until one day I woke up and saw great American ideals that I love and believe in getting taken away by people that vote which ever way the wind blows. That was when I started voting for reps on principle knowing that not every politician will meet my expectations but a half loaf is better than no loaf.

Guess you think I am a stupid fence sitter. Thanks! Done with this.

As working in Broadcast news and around news folks for the last ten years, I must say summer for any news department ( Local , National,) Is slow it becomes stale very quick.
Take note of the news cycle ie. Fox, CNN MSNBC go ahead turn on the TV watch you will see the same stories over and over until somthing breaks then they run that in to the ground and break it off. Lets take a look at what we have in the news now. Well Politics which has been kinda the same story for weeks now. Maybe it will pick up now that we only have two can candidates. Gas prices, Airlines shuting down, ( take note all depressing ) Well in summer it's worse so they are pressured to find news so anything is news.

Of all the companies I have never thought of Disney as Racist I mean come on. Some people get up everyday and ask what can I do today to make myself look like I care about people well wait let me get a camera crew before I go to the old folks home and pass out Fruit and Nuts so everybody will know how awsome I am. Disney has diversity every been to World showcase Angelina?

The woman is a wackadoodle who wore a vial of blood around her neck. Nothing she ever says will influence me in any way, shape or form.

Angelina is just a disgusting person, IMHO. I used to like her back in the day before it was obvious just what a whack job she is-then she did the whole "homewrecker" thing and I was done.

Wait, maybe I should use the PC/ diversity friendly term for homewrecker. What would that be?

Fidelity challenged? Marriage averse?

Nah, I prefer the good ol' fashioned term "Tramp" myself.;) :lmao:

I agree with mjperry.

I have to admit, I've tuned out the last couple of months. Every time I turned it on, the local new's lead story was a house fire and national was "Should Hillary Stop Running?"

It is unusually hot here in PA and I know that will be the headline on the local news. Plus a human interest story on how to keep cool.

This just in experts say Summer will stay with us until fall arrives, Story at six.

blah blah JUST TELL HER to wait till next yr.

Exactly! I read what she said and got so mad (for about 2 min, cuz that's all she's worth to me). If she looked on the internet for about 2 min. she would have heard!

I just can't stand her pretentious bleeding heart thing. At least make sure you know what you are talking about!

Maybe that is the point...maybe she knows that having an African American princess is already in the works. Then, when it (the movie, I assume) comes out, she can say, "See? Disney listened to me. I made them have more diversity by shedding light on their racist ways. I am changing the world for the better..." and get on a soap box.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter