• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Keys At Hardware Store

lovedvc

Mouseketeer
This morning I went to the local hardware store to have keys copied on the counter they had Disney keys that could be cut to your house key. They are larger than most keys, come in different colors and have a choice of characters to pick from. I got the purple key with the whole clan on it. I love it, I'll never search for my house key again.

I saw these on Ebay the other day. I will be looking locally for the evil queen one.

Hi. Santa gave me a Tinkerbell key in my stocking and would you believe that it actually fit my front door. Now how did he do that?

May have to go look myself tomorrow.

My son took my football one, so I got the "tie dyed" looking one.

I need a Disney one now. :goodvibes

I've looked everywhere too for a couple of months now with no luck. I've tried all the major stores (home depot, lowes and ace (hill's) hardware. I have only ever seen them on ebay.

Thats something they should have a booth at DTD setup they would make a killing.

jessica52877 said:
I've looked everywhere too for a couple of months now with no luck. I've tried all the major stores (home depot, lowes and ace (hill's) hardware. I have only ever seen them on ebay.

I don't know if you have Postman Plus in your area, but that's where we can get them here.

Yeah I work at Rona in Canada, and we sell them there. They are soooooooo cute and they have a variety of different characters "Tinkerbell, Mickey, Nemo, Pooh, Tigger, Goofy, and more". But they are quite pricey and are a little larger then most keys. But are totally worth every penny. Especially if your only buying one for a house key or something.

But dont purchase them off ebay cause with shipping it will cost more, and you have to make sure that you have a key that has the right dimentions that will cut and fit onto the Disney key.

lovedvc said:
This morning I went to the local hardware store to have keys copied on the counter they had Disney keys that could be cut to your house key. They are larger than most keys, come in different colors and have a choice of characters to pick from. I got the purple key with the whole clan on it. I love it, I'll never search for my house key again.

:thumbsup2
geez, think having 5 or 6 house keys might look strange tho? ;) (i can't decide!!)

thanks so much for posting this (& jcrick for the link)!!

(& btw, nice meeting you yesterday, lovedvc!! :wave2: )

I got the Mickey Mouse one from Home Depot up here in Canada. It cost me $5.00ca. I didn't actually need a new key but saw it and had to have it.

My DH has a second job at a True Value hardware store and they have them.He got me an Eeyore one.It's really cute but a word of warning:
These keys are made of a softer metal than standard house keys.I tend to put my key in the lock and turn the knob with the key.I found after doing this for a month or so, they key is starting to look crooked.My regular Kwikset key does not do this.I still love my Eeyore key, but i know now to be careful with it.
Sherrie

WOW! I have to get me one of these! They are soooo cool! I may have to buy a few more houses so I can get all the ones I want! Thanks for sharing this!

We picked up some of these on our last trip to Disney. We stopped at the Hardware store in Poincianna, and got a different key made for everyone. Now when someone loses their housekey, I'll know it!

I just wish they made them for cars. It would be SO cool to have a key that matches the keychain and the antenna topper!

Ooooooh ... gotta get me one of these!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter