Disney just called me!!

You're right, they obviously are listening since they are taking time to make calls. But are they truly hearing? The only way to know is if they take action. For those who have an upcoming trip in the near future, Disney offer's little hope. Honestly, I think Disney needs to act sooner than later. I've read some reports from those at Disney now and things are not good. FP lines are out of control.

If I am Disney and a bunch of people who haven't even tried the system out yet are complaining about how their vacation won't be the same as it has been for the last umpteen years, then no, I'm not taking that seriously.

I would also like to know if we have numbers on how many FP- were issued per day and taken advantage of vs how many FP+ are scheduled AND used at this time. I've been the parks with FP+ and quite frankly, it was a much more pleasant experience than with FP- for my family. We did not notice any appreciable differences in the FP line.

what I don't like is the fact that you have to pick them 60 days in advance! Why cant the just keep the part of the old fast pass system where you walk up to the mouse head and get a FP for the upcoming window? Once the FP are gone they are gone!I hate having to pre plan everything! It seems more like a week of appointments rather than a relaxing vacation! I also hate the tier system! This has potential if done correctly ! Come on Disney!!

Spot on! :thumbsup2 And I totally agree that hopping will be the bone they throw to everyone who dislikes FP+ as it exists today. They'll just have to find a way to work out the tiering issue. Maybe by tiering the other 2 parks? :lmao:

Don't give them any ideas...

I am very glad to know that they are listening to their guests and will be altering their system...... although, it happens to work for me and my family now that I have learned how to use it to my advantage.

I will say this though, the OP stating that they should have spent the money on more attractions must have clearly forgotten about the enormous Fantasyland expansion which has granted us a few new rides, upgrades on classics, a new show, a new character spot and a stunning new restaurant to enjoy.

Additionally, AK has some massive upgrades happening in the months/year to come.

Lets not forget all of the new stuff they have given us to enjoy along with embracing this FP+ rollout.
They will fix the problems. I think that we all just need to be patient.

Disney is so much more than just rides!! I cant stand reading all of the "Im never going back to Disney because I can't ride Space Mountain 9 times in a row!" threads.

Again, I am very glad to know that they responded to your communications in a positive way and I do hope that you give them another chance to win back your vacations.

My biggest bug is that you can't have more than one FP for each ride. We always do rope drop. At MK for example we would head for BTM and get a FP, then we would ride it 2 or 3 times standby and then use our FP for a last ride as the crowds were getting bigger. Then we would leave there and head to Jungle Cruise and get another FP, ride Pirates and go see the Tiki Room & then use our FPs to ride Jungle Cruise. We would make our way around the park grabbing FP's as we went and we never waited for more than ten minutes in either standby or FP lines. Then on our second day at MK we would do the same thing only on the other side of the park for Space Mountain & Buzz. As the crowds built we would hit the minor attractions. Sometimes we would end up doing the same ride 2 or 3 times with FP's in a day and therefore very little wait. This suited us so much. Now that people can make FP+ reservations for anywhere from 9:00 I fear that the standby line at the headliners will grow far quicker in the day and we won't be able to get our quick 3 or 4 rides in before the lines get long. We also won't be able to multiple FP our favourite rides but will only be able to do them once and then face a long standby wait for a repeat ride. This is going to mean that my holiday enjoyment will be affected and yes Disney it does impact on my decision of whether or not to spend my hard-earned money at your parks or go somewhere else. I guess I will just have to wait & see how it all pans out.

I was at MK last weekend, if I had paid $100 to ride three rides I would have been :mad:. Luckily I am a local and I have passes for now. 3 FP+ for MK is not enough, period. The old system was so great, why can't they just use the technology the same way, allow one FP+ reservation per park, then reserve as you go like the old system.

what I don't like is the fact that you have to pick them 60 days in advance! Why cant the just keep the part of the old fast pass system where you walk up to the mouse head and get a FP for the upcoming window? Once the FP are gone they are gone!I hate having to pre plan everything! It seems more like a week of appointments rather than a relaxing vacation! I also hate the tier system! This has potential if done correctly ! Come on Disney!!

I totally agree with this. Seems like it'd be a lot less stressful and easier than having to plan 60 days out.

And I had emailed Disney last week too and got a response from them. They are listening, but who knows if they'll actually do anything about it.

I am very glad to know that they are listening to their guests and will be altering their system...... although, it happens to work for me and my family now that I have learned how to use it to my advantage.

I will say this though, the OP stating that they should have spent the money on more attractions must have clearly forgotten about the enormous Fantasyland expansion which has granted us a few new rides, upgrades on classics, a new show, a new character spot and a stunning new restaurant to enjoy.

Additionally, AK has some massive upgrades happening in the months/year to come.

Lets not forget all of the new stuff they have given us to enjoy along with embracing this FP+ rollout.

Disney is so much more than just rides!! I cant stand reading all of the "Im never going back to Disney because I can't ride Space Mountain 9 times in a row!" threads.

Again, I am very glad to know that they responded to your communications in a positive way and I do hope that you give them another chance to win back your vacations.

Hi
Thanks for responding, but just wanted to let you know that I didn't forget at all about the new Fantasyland. Just thought that instead of spending 1.5 billion, probably more by now, on this program, that they could've added some new attractions, which would spread out the people more. I think people would be more interested in seeing something new, than just being able to use this new program. Just my opinion.

Also, there is a lot more to do than just rides. I've done the Haunted Carriage ride at Ft. Wilderness, both Illuminations and Wishes cruises, the Wishes Dessert Party at MK, Segway Tour around Epcot, Living with the Seeds tour, Halloween party a few times, the Tea at the GF. Also, my DGD enjoyed the Pirates Cruise and the Alice in Wonderland tea party at the GF. Also rented a pontoon boat at the GF. I know there's more, but can't think of everything. That's why I love Disney.

I apologize.... I realize that my prior post may have seemed rude.
I was meaning for it to be more of a general thing. Especially about the anti FP+ comments..... I hope you didn't feel attacked OP.
*pixie dust all around*

Your letter sounds exactly like mine did. I had the same 3 complaints, as many if us have. I also got a call, and the person I talked with assured me that they were listening. We are planning our 23 trip in May, and I'm concerned. Hopefully more people will write to Disney guest relations and voice their concerns. The more complaints they get, the clearer the picture becomes to them. Thanks for sharing! :)

Spoke with a Disney rep today. Had questions about PAPs. I also asked about FP+ specifically limitations 3/day, tiering and single park use. I was told the testing is going thru August. They have had alot of feedback about the same issues. Obviously would not say anything that would be changed but dangled a possible change to tiering - exclaiming they were trying to find balance of what changes could be made. Of course this doesn't mean anything but it is obvious they are hearing the concerns and are contemplating what can be changed. Will it result in any changes who knows!

WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com

All you can do is voice your concerns. Maybe It will help make a difference. Just remember to be to the point and respectful, they are experts at de-escalating guest and tirades will go to the round file! My opinion!!!

Almost forgot he mentioned they have been giving 4 FPs at MK at various times. Part of testing??

Is the old FP system completely gone? What happens if we are staying on site but some in our group have MYW non-expiring tickets with days left that they plan to use on our upcoming trip? How does FP+ work for them? And DH and I have not yet purchased all the APsthatwe need for our family - do we have to wait until we have tickets (or vouchers) in hand before we can make FP+ arrangements? I'm worried that during Easter week the FPs for TSM will all be gone if we don't do it well in advance. And we don't usually decide which parks to visit on which days until we are a few days out and can see the weather forecast - will we have to make those decisions sooner in order to book FPs?
:confused3

I had to call but I was able to link old tickets, my freshly renewed AP, AND my newly purchased base day tickets to MDE. After they linked me up I was able to make FP+ selections for all of us and we will all be getting our MB any day now!

And yes the old system is completely gone.

Is the old FP system completely gone?

Yes FP legacy is replaced with FP+. There are a number of threds discussing but I don't know how to link to them. If you do a search on FP+ I'm sure you'll get lots of returns.

At disney now, FP plus is a gigantic disaster!!! Completely ruined our park experience this trip. Feel as though our vacation has been micromanaged! We are dvc members and ap holders and have been loyal customers for over 15 years!!!! Disney has gotten all of our vacation dollars and we could not be more disappointed!!!! We have 3 trips already booked on points for the balance of the year and frankly I am dreading coming back if this nightmare still exists. We have been members since 1997 and are seriously considering dumping our points! To say we are disney fanatics is a understatement!!!!!

Have complained to anyone who would listen and sent emails everyday we have not heard back from them, glad that you did....

At disney now, FP plus is a gigantic disaster!!! Completely ruined our park experience this trip. Feel as though our vacation has been micromanaged! We are dvc members and ap holders and have been loyal customers for over 15 years!!!! Disney has gotten all of our vacation dollars and we could not be more disappointed!!!! We have 3 trips already booked on points for the balance of the year and frankly I am dreading coming back if this nightmare still exists. We have been members since 1997 and are seriously considering dumping our points! To say we are disney fanatics is a understatement!!!!!

Have complained to anyone who would listen and sent emails everyday we have not heard back from them, glad that you did....

So sorry that your trip wasn't as you had hoped. Could you tell us what happened to make it feel like a disaster? Disney has always been so great for us and when you're spending thousands of dollars, you just want it to be perfect.

So sorry that your trip wasn't as you had hoped. Could you tell us what happened to make it feel like a disaster? Disney has always been so great for us and when you're spending thousands of dollars, you just want it to be perfect.

We park hop, a typical trip will include either studios, ak or Epcot first thing in the morning. Typically we get three rides on FP in before lunch and then head to magic kingdom were we would get at least 6 more before park closing with a FP. We don't tour commando style although it may sound that way when you read this. We take our time and keep tabs on the boards and aps.

Today and yesterday we attempted to park hop, but the lines were just too long to wait..... We are here until Saturday night not looking forward to doing this again in March and April. We travel from NY and it is a long expensive way to come to not have what we have experienced in the past.....we are what I would characterize as disney vets, we come 4-5 times per year are dvc members and ap holders...we know what we are doing when navigating the parks... I have an eight year old and multiple 60 minute lines just don't cut it when you are accustomed to an entirely different experience.... On top of which I am more concerned about wait times and lines than enjoying the park, dining and shopping....

I couldn't agree with you more!! I too am happy they responded to the OP in a respectful manor. The last 3 times I have gone I haven't been able to ride Soarin because of FP's being gone or the return time didn't match our schedule. But you didn't hear me saying I wasn't going to go back because of that. We have used the new FP+ and I will say I wish we could park hop with it. With that said we enjoyed this trip just as much as any of our other 8 trips. Excited to see what changes

How crowded are the parks now? We are going soon and are not expecting much of a crowd, if they are large now I am gonna start worrying. Oh wait, I just checked, it's Presidents Week crowd! No wonder you have waits! Still hoping it will be a real slow week for us, then no FP issues!

How crowded are the parks now? We are going soon and are not expecting much of a crowd, if they are large now I am gonna start worrying. Oh wait, I just checked, it's Presidents Week crowd! No wonder you have waits! Still hoping it will be a real slow week for us, then no FP issues!

My husband is a teacher so we are limited to school holidays, it is winter recess in New York and this week is a staple for us....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter