disney just called;error in their system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I am so nervous, we have connecting rooms at POP arriving on the 20th. And my mom is booked there too, our ressies are linked so she will be near us. But we really really really need the connecting rooms, 3 little ones and they said b/c there are more kids than adults they are guaranteed, though I will see when we get there. Just did online check in tonight.

A comparable resort for me would include the reasons I had booked Pop Century. A resort with one bus stop that doesn't share buses with other resorts. A lake to walk around at the end of the day. A large food court that has tie died cheesecake.

I don't think the All Stars can fill in those.

Well I am officially nervous...:guilty: We are scheduled to arrive at POP 1 week from today. We haven't gotten any phone calls, so I called to confirm that we were all set with our reservations. I spoke to a lovely CM who asked if I had already checked in online (which I had). She said if I didn't receive any error messages when I did that, I should be ok. She did say that if there was to be a change of resorts, we would receive a phone call before we arrive. We wouldn't be told that we would have to switch resorts when we were checking in to POP. So basically it seems like it will be a waiting game...so we will countdown our final week until we arrive :goodvibes and hope we don't get a phone call! :eek:

I'm sorry you were overbooked and that they switched you to ASMovies, but I have to admit I don't get the hue and cry over it! I booked ASMusic this summer and when they added free dining, I was bumped to ASMovies. Was I thrilled? No. Did I get over it? Yes. Did I have a great time? Yes.

Some of the comments make it sound like you went from the Poly to an ALLStar! The POP is in the same category as the ALLStars, just different themeing for heavens sake! I was disappointed for a bit when we lost the Music, but Movies is fun too! If you keep carrying on, so will your daughter. Why don't you try building UP the Movies to her and showing her all the cool stuff there? Make lemonade out of lemons, it's not the end of the world. It's Disney after all and you will be having so much fun you'll hardly notice where your sleeping anyway :thumbsup2

I agree with others, if they made an error, you should get a better upgrade. I also remember the post about the person upgraded from Pop to CR. But, she may have made her reservations before you?

Why? I don't get this reasoning. Why do you deserve anything more than you paid for? You paid for a value and they are giving you a value. I agree you don't deserve less but why does everyone now think you deserve more than you paid for. I think all Disney needs to do is give you all the value you paid for and that would be any other VALUE level room OR offer to refund all your money with no penalty. If they wanted to throw in a free breakfast or souvenir that would be great and a nice gesture but not mandatory and more in line for what should be expected.

Everyone now is always trying to get more than they paid for and get one over on any business they can.

Just wanted to add for all of you who *don't get why we would be upset*....We all book a specific resort for a reason, yes? If you were told 1 week before you left that you would not be able to stay there, I can't imagine that you would simply be ok with it. :confused3 I mean, sure, if you get upgraded to a Deluxe from a Value, not much to fuss about..;) But we booked POP because our family LOVES POP..certainly you can understand why some would be dissapointed if we didn't get to stay at the hotel we booked and paid for? :confused3 We are not looking for an upgrade, extra towel animals, etc...we just are hoping for the resort we been waiting months to stay at. ;)

The server excuse makes no sense what-so-ever. Lie.

Hotels routinely overbook, preparing for cancellations.

Yikes...I am booked for POP to arrive on August 25th. Contemplated to change to CSR, but didn't since DS is set on Pop. I have a room only ressie. Has anyone staying at that time received the call?

We are 2 rooms at Pop starting Aug. 25th...no pixie dust has come our way....yet.

DD 11 gave me a heart attack yesterday saying "Disney is on the phone" :confused: ...by the time she got the phone to me all it caught was an 800 number to return the call....frantically I dialed the number convinced I would lose my upgrade only to find out it was Chase, my Disney Rewards Card inquiring about multiple charges over the weekend.....what a let down! :(

I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Why? I don't get this reasoning. Why do you deserve anything more than you paid for? You paid for a value and they are giving you a value. I agree you don't deserve less but why does everyone now think you deserve more than you paid for. I think all Disney needs to do is give you all the value you paid for and that would be any other VALUE level room OR offer to refund all your money with no penalty. If they wanted to throw in a free breakfast or souvenir that would be great and a nice gesture but not mandatory and more in line for what should be expected.

Everyone now is always trying to get more than they paid for and get one over on any business they can.

Rooms can be compare but resorts cannot. I don't think people are trying to get more then what they paid for they're trying to get what they paid for. A room at Pop Century. If they can't have what they paid for them something better not something worse should be substituted.

Can you compare the Poly, the Contemporary, the Beach Club and the Boardwalk and say they're all the same? Each resort has it's own specialness about it. Some things might be better at the All Stars but overall to me Pop Century is a much better resort.

Rooms can be compare but resorts cannot. I don't think people are trying to get more then what they paid for they're trying to get what they paid for. A room at Pop Century. If they can't have what they paid for them something better not something worse should be substituted.

Can you compare the Poly, the Contemporary, the Beach Club and the Boardwalk and say they're all the same? Each resort has it's own specialness about it. Some things might be better at the All Stars but overall to me Pop Century is a much better resort.

It really doesn't matter if you think a value is a value, or you feel the resorts are different within the same category.

It only matters that Disney has clearly covered themselves legally so the bottom line is that they don't have to do anything for you other than give you a room or give you your $$ back (and legally, I haven't seen enough boilerplate from Disney lately to even know about those).

if they have to move you to another comparable resort, then it should at least be discounted, you picked and paid for that specific resort in advance. I can see them not budging on upgrading numerous guests, but hey a hefty discount is in order. Yes, they are human and make mistakes, but they need to pay for their errors is some way. You pre book & pay in full in advance, you should be guarenteed your reservation. Stand your ground, and yes if this happened to you, you deserve to be compensated. Car accidents are human error, yes insurance companies compensate the injured parties!!

First of all, I completely understand having your heart set on a resort and I would be very upset. I've had to take 2nd and 3rd choices when the one I wanted was unavailable for whatever reason and it can be hard to switch your mind (and heart :love:) over to the new resort. However, that said, I would use the remainder of the time before your vacations to research the resort you have been moved to and build it up to the kids. I've stayed at all 4 values and while we seem to change our minds about which is our current favorite, a great time can be had at all of them! I've found that the kids will adapt easily to the change if the parents are positive and point out all the great things about that resort. :thumbsup2 We have things we like about each of the values, so if anyone wants me to get a list going, let me know. Good luck to everyone!

It really doesn't matter if you think a value is a value, or you feel the resorts are different within the same category.

It only matters that Disney has clearly covered themselves legally so the bottom line is that they don't have to do anything for you other than give you a room or give you your $$ back (and legally, I haven't seen enough boilerplate from Disney lately to even know about those).

True.

But I'd hope Disney would do more then what's legally required and instead give the customer service they're famous for. There is a difference between what's legal and how guests should be treated.

Just wanted to add for all of you who *don't get why we would be upset*....We all book a specific resort for a reason, yes? If you were told 1 week before you left that you would not be able to stay there, I can't imagine that you would simply be ok with it. :confused3 I mean, sure, if you get upgraded to a Deluxe from a Value, not much to fuss about..;) But we booked POP because our family LOVES POP..certainly you can understand why some would be dissapointed if we didn't get to stay at the hotel we booked and paid for? :confused3 We are not looking for an upgrade, extra towel animals, etc...we just are hoping for the resort we been waiting months to stay at. ;)

But many seem to imply that a mod or better yet a deluxe would make them happy even though they did not book that resort.

The problem is there is no room for the OP and others to take at POP. How do you expect Disney to accommodate them? Are they to kick out people already checked in?

So is this "error in he system" going to affect all weeks of free dining for guests staying at Pop? :confused3 I am really not buying the "oh there was an error in our system" BS anyways but just worried now:confused3

True.

But I'd hope Disney would do more then what's legally required and instead give the customer service they're famous for. There is a difference between what's legal and how guests should be treated.

But the OP is getting more than she paid for. She is getting a preferred room which costs more money.

Sorry to hear this happened to the OP and others :( . I can totally understand why you are upset.

I also agree the server overheat issue is a lie. I am a Disneyholic and am really disappointed they came up with this ridiculous excuse. I worked with computers and servers. A big company like Disney has backup servers if one overheats. They should come up with a more believable excuse.

jlk806 said:
i personally dont buy the whole "server overheated" thing. They overbooked it on purpose to lure people in since POP is the most popular value and they had no intention of having rooms for all of them.
You're free not to "buy it", but as a reputable hotelier, Walt Disney World wouldn't and doesn't intentionally oversell a hotel by FOUR HUNDRED rooms intentionally to 'lure' people in. When a hotel doesn't have room nights available, that hotel isn't (ordinarily) available for booking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter