Disney Just after Christmas

MillbrookMom

Looking forward to next trip
Thinking of taking the boys for a few days after Christmas (in conjunction with a cruise) and wondering A) how busy the parks are around that time and B) what is the weather like...could you use the pools? or too chilly?

The week between Christmas and New Year's is the busiest season of the whole year. (and most expensive in terms of hotels, even certain meals have an extra costs).

As for the weather it can be hit or miss... there were some days this year IIRC where the high was only around 10C. So no swimming really... LOL

We went this year on the 27th and never again will we go at that time. We only did it for some family members who were attending our wedding. If not I would have gone down the beginning and did the wedding then. And as another poster mentioned, also very expensive.

We just got back 2 weeks ago from Disney World. We flew into Orlando on January 3rd and came back home January 9th - it's the same time period I took my holiday last year as well - the Christmas decorations were still up, Disney was still playing Christmas carols but the crowds were gone - it was lovely! If you can, take the week after New Years and go then - the weather is the same (iffy) but if you layer, it sure beats the Canadian winters anyday.:rotfl: We got some days in the high 70s/low 80s - awesome in my opinion.

Pretty much after New Years day the place clears out. I have been 3 times the week after and it has been great. But with the crowds goes the extended hours so time in the park is shorter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter