Disney Jr. Play & Dine or Donalds Breakfast Safari?

DaniH

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone, I'm new to disboards. I'll be going to WDW in December with my husband, my 8 yr old son & 4 yr old daughter. We've been several times but this time I wanted to make sure we tried some new places to eat. I booked Play & Dine AND Donalds Safari Breakfast along with some other restaurants but I think I have over scheduled us a bit. Any suggestions on which of the two of these breakfasts is better? The advantage I was thinking of for Play & Dine is that we get into the park early & we can get our fastpass for Toy Story Mania :woohoo: but I've heard the food isn't great. Anyway, opinions? Or should we go for a different character meal altogether? Thanks!

If you go mainly for the food... Tusker House all the way.
If you go for the character, depends on the characters you prefer.
I think both offers different experiences.
But if I were to go to do P&D I would do breakfast because it's really hard to mess up all breakfast food.
:)

Never been to P&D, but LOVE Tusker House. Compared to breakfast at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace, the food variety was much better. We were also seated on time and the characters came around twice. And the juice there is fabulous.
The Toy Story Mania plan, though, is hard to resist. Tough call!

They are both good but different experiences. Tusker House has the better food and atmosphere, but Play 'n Dine has better charater interaction.

Being HS before opening for TSM as well as Jedi Training is an added bonus as well.

If I had to choose one over the other I'd choose Play 'n Dine as my DS loves Jake and Jedi Training and I love those TSM fastpasses.

I think I am leaning toward Tusker House. I just can't stand to spend that much money & have the food suck! Does anyone know if they still do the kids parade with the maracas at DSB? I was watching a youtube video of it but it was from 2008 so I wasn't sure if they still did it. My 4 yr old thought it looked alot more fun than the video I showed her from P&D.

DaniH said:
I think I am leaning toward Tusker House. I just can't stand to spend that much money & have the food suck! Does anyone know if they still do the kids parade with the maracas at DSB? I was watching a youtube video of it but it was from 2008 so I wasn't sure if they still did it. My 4 yr old thought it looked alot more fun than the video I showed her from P&D.

Yes, they still do the maracas! It was so much fun! I think the food is much much better at DSB however, my DD who is very much into Disney Jr loved Play and Dine better!

We had the best time at H&V breakfast last month, a highlight of our trip. Food, service, and characters were great! Don't let the negative nellies scare you away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter