• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Institute

PalVal

Mouseketeer
Has any DVC members ever attended the Disney Institute? The bank that I work at is sending me to the "Brand Loyalty" program. DVC members get $600off the price of the class as a benefit. I'm so excited to go. I went to the Quality Service program 10 years ago and it was amazing! I highly recommend any of their courses. Of course I'm going to extend my stay with a few extra days at one of the DVC resorts!

In 1998 DW and I stayed at the Disney Institute when it was located on the present grounds of SSR. It was a large, aging facility at that time, but had the patena of Disney all over it. We did not participate in any of the conference activities, it was just a vacation stay with visits to the parks.

I proudly wear a Disney Institue Pin on my lanyard from those days when back home at The World. Most people have no idea what the pin is or where it is from.

That sounds amazing! If you do end up going, if you are up for posting a mini-trip report, I would be very interested in hearing all about it. :goodvibes

I attended a one day seminar about four years ago called, if I remember correctly, "Keys to the Kingdom." It covered Leadership Excellence, People Management, Quality Service, Brand Loyalty and Inspiring Creativity. I realized then and there that someday I would like to become a facilitator at the Disney Institute. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

This is a 3 1/2 day training program. When I went 10 years ago (for the Quality Service program) it was held at the same site where Saratoga is now. They had condos for the institute (not in the best shape). They tore them down and built DVC. If you do a search on the Disney Institute you will see all the professional training classes offered by the institute. These are not for fun or entertainment, (although it is fun for me) they are for personal development in the job force. The classes are taught at different resorts throughout Disney, and at different times of the year. This one is going to be held at the Contemporary. Class goes from 8-5 and they give you night time passes for when class gets out.

The trainer last time I attended was Michael Eisner's personal assistant!

My family and I stayed there as well back in the day and we LOVED it. We had a huge multi-floor villa it was so much fun. I took a class on animation and got to paint a cell with the Disney Institute mascot on it (I still have it). We also saw how they do the claymations (nightmare before, etc). I was pretty disappointed when they got rid of them. (Although they were old and did neat some TLC)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter