Disney in Virgina

That would be wonderful! But I fear I would be there all the time. :thumbsup2

There has been speculation about this for over a year now, ever since the sale of AB to InBev. Unfortunately, that's all it is right now, speculation. The thought is that InBev had originally purchased AB stating that all non-core businesses of AB would be sold. Since Disney has the capital and had already tried to put a park in VA that got shot down, that they might be inerested. Also, since Disney's America (the park that was suppose to be built in Mannassas) was history based, the thought was that Williamsburg would be the perfect location to finally build that park. However, I don't think the sale of AB parks has been announced. Also, nobody knows if the parks will be sold as a group or a-la-carte.

I think that the timeshare sales folks in Williamsburg keep this rumor going in hopes of making a sale. All the timeshare presentations I've gone to this past year in Williamsburg use this as a sales ploy.

Yeah....not gonna happen

What makes you so sure? Disney has been trying to move into both Virginia and Texas for some time now. If they were to buy Busch Parks, and keep the Sea Worlds, they get both. Also, I'm not sure what the deal would be for licenses on Sesame Street characters with Sesame Place, but I'm sure Disney would love to get their hands on that as well.

Would love it!!! Especially since I'm only 4 hours from Williamsburg and we already own a timeshare there. We can still hope.

They just puchased property in DC, so that may be a factor as well. Williamsburg isn't too far from DC.

InBev wanted to use the sale of Busch Entertainment, which owns Busch Gardens and Sea World, to help pay for the purchase of AB.

It was to be sold as a whole not in pieces. Since no one was able to pay for the whole InBev has decided to not sell Busch Entertainment which made a profit in excess of 27 million last year.

InBev wanted to use the sale of Busch Entertainment, which owns Busch Gardens and Sea World, to help pay for the purchase of AB.

It was to be sold as a whole not in pieces. Since no one was able to pay for the whole InBev has decided to not sell Busch Entertainment which made a profit in excess of 27 million last year.

For now maybe, but I'm pretty sure InBev would take the right offer. So, when times get better, Disney or someone might make an offer. I think Disney can benefit from all of the Busch parks, except Tampa. The kink in the whole thing however is that Disney has never bought a park.

As Much as I would LOVE Disney less than 100 miles from me, it makes no sense. They would have to completely gut it as it has no theme. Sure they say they have theme, but not DISNEY THEME....they have some cool rides (alpinegiest and Griffan) but many getto rides too, (lock ness, BBW) that would have to be torn down and replaced with disney themed kiddy rides, because lets face it, Disney does not do thrill rides very well comparatively speaking. But then again they purchased property in the GETTO of D.C. so who can say

As Much as I would LOVE Disney less than 100 miles from me, it makes no sense. They would have to completely gut it as it has no theme. Sure they say they have theme, but not DISNEY THEME....they have some cool rides (alpinegiest and Griffan) but many getto rides too, (lock ness, BBW) that would have to be torn down and replaced with disney themed kiddy rides, because lets face it, Disney does not do thrill rides very well comparatively speaking. But then again they purchased property in the GETTO of D.C. so who can say

You may be right, but Busch Gardens Williamsburg has one important feature that makes is attractive. It's already zoned as an amusement park, which would allow Disney to bypass the problems they ran into in Manassas.

You may be right, but Busch Gardens Williamsburg has one important feature that makes is attractive. It's already zoned as an amusement park, which would allow Disney to bypass the problems they ran into in Manassas.

Good Answer!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter