Disney in the rain :(

bbrown1226

Mouseketeer
So, the weather says rain every day for our trip coming up Sun-Wed. I am really bummed. We have had non-stop rain for the past almost 2 weeks here in Germany, so I was hoping to get a break already!

So, for those who experienced Disney/Paris in the rain, how bad was it? We had better weather in November!

Well, heavy rain tends to make the parks quieter (although it makes the cafes and counter-service restaurants busier, as folk shelter there).
I've had a couple of days of persistent rain at DLRP, always in May or June funnily enough. Light to medium rain makes no difference at all to us to be honest, we just put our hoods up and get on with it.

In a real downpour, we tend to go to the studios, as there are more indoor rides/shows etc there.

Heavy rain may close the Storyboat ride, and thats about all I can think of that gets closed in very wet weather.

Even though it says rain each day on the forecast, doesnt' mean its going to rain all day - you may only get a little shower, then clear skies.

Usually going in February and March we have experienced many a time at Disneyland in the rain; I think as long as you are prepared for it with Macs (and possibly wellies) it doesnt spoil it. Most of the queues are under cover and you can use the covered walkway between Mainstreet and Adventureland.

And besides its Disney - you never know what Disney magic will happen:wizard:

JC

Don't let the rain affect your trip! It nearly always rains when we are at DLRP...just put your rain mac on and make the best of it.

Rain = quiet parks so there is a plus...as Elaine says head to the Studio's if you are in persistant heavy rain :goodvibes

Most of all enjoy your trip!

So, the weather says rain every day for our trip coming up Sun-Wed. I am really bummed. We have had non-stop rain for the past almost 2 weeks here in Germany, so I was hoping to get a break already!

So, for those who experienced Disney/Paris in the rain, how bad was it? We had better weather in November!

We're going Sun -Thurs!!! The forecast I looked at had the temp quite warm and chance of showers - altho thre was one day that there is a chance of thunderstorms! i hope not!)

Susan x

Maybe we will both have the parks to ourselves!!! :)

I think we just got spoiled with fabulous whether in November! It is Europe, so we will just have to deal! Do they close alot of rides down if it rains/sprinkles? I understand if it is downpouring, which looks like might happen on Monday, but not all day.

We are considering leaving a day earlier, Saturday, to try to catch the end of the nice weather, though we will be in Paris. We were going to come Sunday to go to Paris, but Sunday night calls for thunderstorms. So, I think we will have Saturday/saturday night/Sunday morning to enjoy Paris, and then hope for the best for the rest of our time at Disney! I need to go buy my girls rainboots....

DLRP doesn't close anything down in rain, unless its really heavy, in which case I've only seen the Storyboats closed. This opens again when the rain stops :).

when i have been i have had light constant rain and to be totally honest me and my two year old didnt even notice lol. we were too busy.

Hi,

We'll be there Sun-Fri and i have been checking the weather every day fror the past week and every day it has changed dramatically temp max 22 one day to 29 the next, thunderstorms to sun so don't take too much notice and even if it does rain your in Disney will you really notice?

Ro

we had a really bad day when we went in march and found lots of characters while taking shelter in liberty and discovery arcade

were going tue-sat when i checked the weather yest it said tue=scattered showers wed-fri= sunny temps 22-27c, today when i checked it says tue=rain ,wed= showers thur=rain and fri-sat sunny but temps are 22-24c. im going check its again mon b4 i pack. how can the forecast change so much in 24hrs:confused::headache:

We're going at the same time - hello!! We've done DLP in every type of weather - it was -14 when we went in January :scared1:so at least it'll be a bit warmer if wetter this time. I'd recommend you take a good waterproof jacket for everyone, spare trousers, socks and a spare pair of shoes. Don't think it really matters what the weather's like as you'll be at the best place in the world and I can assure you nearly everyone will have a smile on their face:cool1:.

Try to ignore the rain. Most people wont and stay away so that should mean a lot of rides should be virtual walk-ons!

Imagine repeat rides of Buzz without the queue or getting on Thunder Mountain without the usual hour long wait.

Just be sure to occasionally dive in to shelter and bring rainware.

Hi,

We have been there in heavy rain and snow. As others said it's quieter when raining, but it doesn't stop us. Macs and wellies is the way to go.

I always use www.accuweather.com when checking forecasts. It even gives hour by hour forecasts. Like other long range forecasts, it can change from day to day, but the most accurate is checking a day or 2 days before you travel.

We had a communion recently and it was spot on, even down to the 40% chance of rain between 9 and 10am. It rained for almost a half hour in that hour!!!

For example it says for this Sunday (DAY):

Sunday Day
Humid; a morning shower followed by occasional rain and drizzle in the afternoon
High 25°C
RealFeel®: 31°C :scared1: that's warm
View the Hour-By-Hour™ Forecast
Winds: S at 8km/h
Wind Gusts: 16 km/h
Max UV Index: Moderate (5)
Thunderstorm
Probability: 38%
Amount of Precipitation: 5.1mm
Amount of Rain: 5.1mm
Amount of Snow: 0.00cm
Hours of Precipitation: 4 Hrs
Hours of Rain: 4 Hrs
Hours of Daylight: 15.9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter