Disney in Texas

Please, regardless of your political views, don't turn this into a political thread.
If a thread is labeled as such, I can easily avoid it, but this thread has a title which I'm interested in.

Please, I ask kindly that you keep your politics off this thread so I can enjoy reading it! :)

MG

Wow, you need to relax. The GW Bush comments were two pages ago and very very mild. You can hear worse on any TV commercial or just from flipping through stations on the TV. If these mild comments upset you so much I can't imagine how you function in the real world.

i've lived in texas my whole life and these rumors circulate consistently every few years. as wonderful as it would be - hey, resident cards! sweet! - there is little likelihood of seeing a disney vacation venue here in texas anytime soon.

disney is buying the renaissance festival! nay.
but my neighbor's sister got a letter about disney buying out their house a mile from plantersville! sorry, no.
disney wants six flags over texas! no they don't.
disney is buying up land in the panhandle for disney-route 66! don't think so.
disney is negotiating for sea world/fiesta texas/the riverwalk! wrong again.
disney paid schlitterbahn to build up the beach park at padre island so they can build a carribbean resort! holding back the comment that padre island's gulf water is nothing remotely close to the carribbean, still no.
west texas is being gobbled up to sell as a package to disney for a cowboy-theme park! nope. padnuh.

i have to agree with the 'cannibalization' problem mentioned earlier, and say that no matter how cool it would be to have a disney spot here in texas, it just doesn't seem to be on the radar. it just drives locals into a rumor frenzy every couple of years.

you could go to city-data.com and search is disney coming to the alamo city?
There is a lot of links to different land being bought and things being built around the area i posted earlier.

sorry! go to that website and then to San Antonio and then to disney in the alamo city

During the initial heady days of DVC, Disney was looking seriously at building a "dude rnach" type resort in Texas or Colorado. It was thought these places would be especially popular with all the European owners of the planned Euro Disney and London DVC locations.

I was just coming home from picking my DD up from school - listening to the radio (local dallas station) when they said that Sunday after the Superbowl Disney will be announcing a "Disneyland in Texas" in Frisco (north of Dallas).

Now I am taking this with a grain of salt- rumors are a dime a dozen.

I just really hope that IF Disney builds here it isn't another Magic Kingdom - but something unique and different.

I have been hearing some sort of announcement coming on February 5th regarding Disney in Texas. Anyone know anything about this?

I was going to post this too, i heard this also....
I think it would be awesome for it to go anywhere in Texas. If it goes in Frisco (like the rumors I have heard) i am only 20 miles away. How cool!!

:banana:

I was just coming home from picking my DD up from school - listening to the radio (local dallas station) when they said that Sunday after the Superbowl Disney will be announcing a "Disneyland in Texas" in Frisco (north of Dallas).

Now I am taking this with a grain of salt- rumors are a dime a dozen.

I just really hope that IF Disney builds here it isn't another Magic Kingdom - but something unique and different.

As a resident of Frisco, all I can say is that I am not crossing my fingers, because that would surely jinx it!:banana:

I'm not one to ever buy into a Disney Texas, BUT... I must tell of a phone call that I recieved last night from a friend who lives in Dallas. She said her best friends had dinner with a banker who told them that the Disney Texas theme park is a done deal, its been signed with his bank and the announcement would be coming on Super Bowl Sunday.

The location would be Sanger TX. The main problem I have is that the Super Bowl is on CBS this year, nobody will be watching ABC.

Its 3rd hand word, so I'm not putting much stock into this yet.

I'm not one to ever buy into a Disney Texas, BUT... I must tell of a phone call that I recieved last night from a friend who lives in Dallas. She said her best friends had dinner with a banker who told them that the Disney Texas theme park is a done deal, its been signed with his bank and the announcement would be coming on Super Bowl Sunday.

The location would be Sanger TX. The main problem I have is that the Super Bowl is on CBS this year, nobody will be watching ABC.

Its 3rd hand word, so I'm not putting much stock into this yet.

I hope it's true!

Oh gosh I'm keeping my fingers crossed!! I don't want to watch the SuperBowl so anyone watching please post after and give some details if they announce. :goodvibes

It would be amazing, but I am not holding my breath. Although my husband is glad I am more eager to watch the Superbowl. :goodvibes

I heard the same thing on a major radio station that Disney is going to announce something big at the Super Bowl XLI. The rumor is at the radio station that just recently came back from WDW stated that it will be a new build of a Disney park in Frisco, Texas. This would be a great thing for Disney due to Texas been the half way point between two wonderful parks in the US. :cheer2: I hope this is true. I alway watch the Superbowl, so this is a rumor that I hope is true. Plus, the people in Texas are as friendly as apple pie.

This would be a great thing for Disney due to Texas been the half way point between two wonderful parks in the US.

Why? That's the part I can't figure out. Unless it will be something very very very very different from what is already available from every theme park company in the country. For example if they decided to actually build EPCOT as it was originally intended to be. Or maybe something like Disney Seas.

Otherwise...when I lived in New York Metro I was always highly annoyed when my flights had a connection in Texas. None of the major cities on the west coast would be through Texas unless you were going to San Diego. And if you made a map of the country weighted by population I don't think Texas would be remotely in the center of it.

A Disney in Texas? Won't that just take away from everyone going to the World and Disneyland? I hope it doesn't happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter