Disney in May

shan1572

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! I will be in DIS May 23 - 29th. Do you think I should call ahead for PS? Is that a busy time in DIS?
Thanks for your help

:D

Hi, and welcome to the DIS!

I would definitely call about PS. I have been to WDW during that time period and the wait for some restaurants can be pretty lengthy. I didn't make too many PS arrangements because I didn't want to have to worry every day about being on time to eat. There are more important things to do, in my opinion. Have a great time.

::MickeyMo Mickey76::MickeyMo

Absolutely! That is Memorial Day Weekend. I was there once and was leaving the Thursday before that weekend. The crowds swelled so much as the weekend approached, I was glad to leave. May has become a very busy time. While May is no where like the crowds of Easter and Christmas, the month is hardly slow with Memorial Day Weekend being the busiest time in May. I would make PS and cancel what you don't intend to use. Better safe than sorry.

I agree. We're going the first week of May and I called and made my PS's today. Better safe than sorry.

Is it hard to get PS in May for non-character things, like dinner at the Whispering Whatever restaurant at WL & lunch at Liberty Tree? How do I make those PSs? Are there any kind of penalties if you cancel? How far in advance do you have to cancel? And could I possibly ask any more questions????
:wave2:

I don't know if they are hard to get... 24 hour cancellation notice is requested, but I do not think there is any penalty (I paid a deposit for CRT and I think I will also have to for Storybook, but as far as I know not anything else). If there is a deposit you do need to cancel 24 hours in advance.

Especially for characters meals!
We are going May 22 - 29 and have PS's for Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, 50's Prime Time, O'Hanas, Bomas and 1900 Park Fare Cindy Dinner. These are all known to be extremely long stand by waits...and that's only if they can take you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter