• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney in May

I wonder how many of us will see each other in May and not know that we are DISBoard buddies!!! I simply can't wait to get down there in the warmth, This cold can be done forever if you ask me! Bring on the Florida sun and the magic from Disney!

Barahona6 said:
I wonder how many of us will see each other in May and not know that we are DISBoard buddies!!! I simply can't wait to get down there in the warmth, This cold can be done forever if you ask me! Bring on the Florida sun and the magic from Disney!

Agree. Funny tho we would never know if we did see each other.

Another for May here! We'll be there May 10th for a couple of weeks and can't wait. Love the Epcot Flower and Garden show. We just had snow again and I'm so ready for Florida.

Another May visitor! Will be there from 1-7 at AKL! Can't wait to get away from the freezing Ontario weather. Bring on the sunshine!

I went last May and the weather was great. The days were hot, but not miserable as it is in August. I did grow up in FL, so maybe I was just used to it. The evenings were perfect. I liked it so much I'm going again this May.:yay:

We are going in May too! The 13th to 17th. May can be quite warm but we are ready for some warmth. Still cold and snow here in the Hudson Valley, May can't come soon enough for me:)

This will also be my first time at Disney in May. I had looked at the weather averages for that time and they looked good, but this just helps to reassure me.

Thanks

Jessica

The first time we took our son was the third week of May 2010. Everyone was talking about how unusual hot it was. The mornings were great and so were the nights but right in the middle part of the day it was hot. During that time we would just go back to our resort, swim, rest and then head back to a park later in the day. It only rained once the whole 8 days we were there. We were in Epcot and it lasted for about 20 minutes. Apparently the heat didn't bother us too much, we're going back on May 19th of this year.

May is my favorite time of the year, its warm and schools are not out yet so the crowds are good.

We will be there the 4th - 13th

We've been there in May 3 times and one of those trips (2009) it rained almost constantly. That's the only trip we've ever made that rain was a big factor.

We went a couple years ago starting Mother's Day. It was waaaay too HOT by then; in the mid-90s! I ended up with the dreaded heat rash on the bottoms of both legs. The sun is extremely intense in May, so be prepared.

I've been Mother's day weekend 2 times and the first weekend in SWW once in the last 6 years and it was always in the mid 90s.

The first time we took our son was the third week of May 2010. Everyone was talking about how unusual hot it was. The mornings were great and so were the nights but right in the middle part of the day it was hot. During that time we would just go back to our resort, swim, rest and then head back to a park later in the day. It only rained once the whole 8 days we were there. We were in Epcot and it lasted for about 20 minutes. Apparently the heat didn't bother us too much, we're going back on May 19th of this year.

We were there then too and the afternoons were stifling. I was 20 wks pregnant so I'm happy to hear someone else say it was that hot. We also hit the pool and relaxed during the afternoons and then went back out!

I was there the first week of May in 2009 and 2012 and we thought it was pretty hot both times but not summer I think I'm going to die hot, 2009 no rain, 2012 rained once for about 10 minutes very lightly. It seemed crowded but we didn't seem to wait in line for long at all, made use of the fast passes though. We will be back next year first weeks of May also. Enjoy :)

Bump..

I wanted to bump this up, b/c I know a lot of us from Boston Posted we were going on this thread..

Has anyone been able to get out since the bombing?? & now manhunt for the 2nd guy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter