• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney in MAY ~ Tell me everything!

abacobaby

Mouseketeer
We have always gone to DW in November, but this time we decided to try the first week of May. If you've ever been to DW at the beginning of May, tell me all about it please! How are the crowds, weather, etc?

We were there this past may (13 - 18) and LOVED IT. I thought the weather was great - not too humid, no rain and temps in the 80s. There were only 2 days that were a little too warm.

The crowds were fine. Then again, I followed Tour Guide Mike's advice faithfully and I did not wait for any rides. We jus walked on to everything. Same with ADRs - no waits.

Have a great trip!

We were there for a week this past May. The weather was great. It did not rain and it was not too hot. We went the second week in May, therefore, we were able to get on every ride without waiting. We plan to go next Spring around the same time.

Have fun!!

I have been in May several yers in a row and going back in 2008. The weather is great...very little rain. Sometimes it feels hot to me because I am coming from the Mid-Atlantic where it is still fairly cool in May. Crowds are very slim. The only ride that has recently had a problematic line was Soarin' and fast pass makes that manageable. Went during Jersey week in 2006 and that was worse, but still pretty good compared to peak season.

We were at CBR this past May, sunny and no rain whatsoever, but much hotter than expected, I know it's Florida and all, but it got very hot many of the days we were there, and we live in SC. No biggy, hit the parks early, out by noon, head to the pool. That's the wonderful thing about being at Disney, you never run out of options.

We were there this past May 13-19 and it was great weather, low crowds, and hardly ever had to wait for rides. We did utilize the pool in the afternoons to cool off, but the warm weather was still quite tolerable. (Unlike what I hear it is now!) I think it was an awesome time of year to go, especially with the Flower and Garden Show. Some of the EMH were a bit crazy, but we just moved to a different park. I think you'll love May! :goodvibes

Love it too! Late April early May is my favorite time of year to go to WDW. Weather is great and the crowds are manageable.

I've been in mid-Aug three times now....got back about 10 days ago in fact, 3 times in Oct, 1 in Nov, 4 times in early Dec, 1 in mid-June, 1 in late May, 1 in Jan. I was planning a trip for my 32 y/o dd, 14 y/o dd and myself for next July. But, after this August trip, there will be no more extended (more than 3 nights) trips to WDW in summer for me. I got home, changed my dates to May 2-8. Too bad my younger dd can't be there, but she's been to WDW about 8 times. Older dd has never been, so want her first trip there to be as nice as possible. The Flower and Garden Festival is happening then, the weather is pretty decent, the crowds are 'supposed' to be lighter. Yep, looking forward to my first early May trip. Has to be better than mid-August on all levels.

we loved it. We went in may 2003 for 2 weeks. It was very nice. It was hottter than usual but we loved it. We stayed at the Double Tree Guest Suites at DTD with a code from mousesavers and it was really good.
The room was huge. The parks were fine, I dont remember ever waiting in line for anything.

We've been to WDW in early May on 3 different trips, with our 4th trip planned for May 2008, and from my personal experience it's the best time to go!! The only drawback is if you have kids in school, then you'll have to make the decision whether to take them out or not. Personally I have no problem taking my DSs out of school for a vacation, but having said that, we've only taken them during the school year one time. The second time will be next year, although only DS16 will be missing school since we'll be going the week after DS19 has his college finals. DS16 is an honors student and never misses school, so I feel that this time he can miss a few days in order for us to have a great family vacation. We'll be bringing our 70-something year old aunt with us, so we can't go in the summer due to the heat.

Anyway, didn't mean to ramble there! LOL But yes, May is an excellent time to go, for all of the reasons already stated! :thumbsup2

The only drawback is if you have kids in school, then you'll have to make the decision whether to take them out or not.
Exactly! We took our DD out of scholl all the way to 5th grade but had to stop once she reach middle school. Now that she is in HS, it's out of the question.

We alos love May, we went early May this year & the first part of the week we wore pants at night. One night of lots of rain. Epcot is just stunning during the Flower Fest. do not miss the Bonsi trees so cool. The weather is great for nite swimming.

Kae

We go in the beginning of May every year & love it. It's always warm, well hot even but not too bad. I don't think that the crowds are bad either, although it does seem to be busier each year. You get the Flower & Garden Show at Epcot which is really beautiful. I don't think there are any drawbacks to May at all.

We went arrived on Mothers Day in 05. It was wonderful. The crowds were very manageable. The weather was hot, but not too bad. I think it was in the high 80's. It rained one evening, which made it jacket weather cool. Still nice though. The Flower and Garden Fesival makes it so beautiful. You will have a wonderful time.:goodvibes

We went this past May and it was great. The crowds weren't too bad, we used Fast Passes and rarely ever waited for anything longer than 15 minutes. The first part of the week was very, very hot then after the only thunderstorm of the week, it cooled off and was very pleasant. The Flower and Garden Fest is beautiful. There were lots of school groups there for field trips, but it didn't seem to effect the lines except at lunchtime in counter service restaurants. I would go again in May.

May of 08 will be our first May trip! I'm so happy to hear so many wonderful things about this time of year. :goodvibes

We were at CBR this past May.(April 28-May6). We had no rain and 85+ everyday. There were only 2 days of real humid weather. Crowds were manageable. Longest waits were soarin and TOT, with waits of 30 to 45 min. Next trip to Disney will be May 2009.

We went in May 2000 as our oldest was in university. We had only gone during spring break before so the smaller crowds were a pleasant surprise. It was hotter, especially at AK. The Flower and Garden Festival was wonderful. The parks did close earlier but this turned out to be a good thing as we tend to burn the candle at both ends! Unfortunately, we had our first experience with the love bugs. And lots of them. (We were there for the first 11 days of May).

oh you all are making me sooo excited that we picked the prefect time for our 1st trip to wdw in may 08.... :) our daughter is only 3 --- will be 4 on the trip... and not in school so we thought it would be an awesome time to go.... we cant wait... we are staying at the BC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter