Disney in July?

Mae337

Earning My Ears
I had planned to go to Disney World in late August as I've done for our past two trips. It is ideal because there are low crowds and good resort discounts or free dining plan. But now that all of my kids are in high school, we can't go in late August because the fall sports start in August. So I'm left with July. Going during Thanksgiving week in November is a possibility.

I'm concerned about going in July. The combination of heat and crowds make me worry that we'd be fighting crowds in the heat all day. Spend a day at a park and only go on a few rides. We go in August, so I can cope with the heat. But heat plus crowds? That's worrisome.

So, is it a bad idea to go to Disney in July?

I've done both. To be honest, I don't remember there being a huge difference. More crowds maybe, but if you plan ahead and everything you'll be fine. Just drink a ton of water and take breaks back at your resort every day after 1 or 2.

The crowds are manageable with a good plan, early mornings, and flexibility! My July report from last summer is in my signature, if you're interested. Early mornings are amazing, and we can knock out Tomorrowland, New Fantasyland, some of Fantasyland, and Haunted Mansion before lunch, usually.

I'm pretty positive we'll be headed back in July again at some point, so I don't think it's a bad idea :-):-)

Went last July and going again this July. Yes, it was hot and yes it was crowded at times but we had a fantastic time and did everything we wanted to do!

I go down about 2 a month some times 2x July is more crowded then August but not by much unless you go 4th of July weekend that is a whole other ball game go have fun

2 years ago we went 4th of July week. Not as bad as I expected. FF+ just came out and were able to make FF's without making them 30-60 days in advance. We didn't stay in the parks for the Fireworks! It was hot but I've been in September when it was over 98 and humid! Go with an open mind and a pretty good plan and you will still enjoy your trip.

These posts make me feel so much better about our upcoming trip in July! :D

I had planned to go to Disney World in late August as I've done for our past two trips. It is ideal because there are low crowds and good resort discounts or free dining plan. But now that all of my kids are in high school, we can't go in late August because the fall sports start in August. So I'm left with July. Going during Thanksgiving week in November is a possibility.

I'm concerned about going in July. The combination of heat and crowds make me worry that we'd be fighting crowds in the heat all day. Spend a day at a park and only go on a few rides. We go in August, so I can cope with the heat. But heat plus crowds? That's worrisome.

So, is it a bad idea to go to Disney in July?

We went last July and loved it. Are going again this July, and it might become an annual tradition.

We went at the end of July last year, we usually go Presidents week and the crowds seemed better in July. It did rain though... A LOT (I think everyday). I think it helped the heat though, I'm very bad with heat and feel like I'm going to faint easily and never felt that way the entire trip. For the first time being in Florida in the summer it wasn't bad and I would go the same time again.

Our most recent trip was mid-August, right on the cusp of the crowds dwindling, so IMO my experiences could be helpful for you! It's definitely doable with proper planning, like PPs said. Lots of breaks, strategic FP scheduling, and pool time are a must. My preferred touring plan is going standby for the first few hours of park opening, scheduling a lunch ADR in park or at a nearby resort to give us a few hours out of the crowds/heat (also lunch is still cheaper than dinner at some places), and then using FPs for the afternoon/evening, occasionally with a pool break in between depending on how we feel. You're going to have a great trip!

Several years ago, I worked at Team Disney (across from Disney Springs) from July to November and I bought an AP.
So, I went to a different park every day after work, and on the weekends when I didn't fly home.

I can't seem to remember being unhappy in any of the parks, in any line, on any of the days, in any kind of weather!!

When we go our only option is to go at the end of July/beginning of August as my mum is a teacher so can't get any other time off other than the school holidays and my brother is still in school until the end of July (and you're fined if you take kids out of school now).
Yeah the heat is a bit of an issue but you do get used to it. I'm not a huge lover of the heat and the sun but after a while I get accustomed to it :) You can get free ice water as well from all the quick service restaurants as well which is what keeps us going in the heat. A lot of the time when we went last July it actually rained! which is good because loads of people leave the park and it usually clears up in no time he he he

I would never go without a plan, it's absolutely key during busy times in my opinion. And we always try to stick to it as much as possible! We start by having a think about what we definitely want to do, what we don't mind missing and what we're not bothered about and then work from there. We always say how long we're willing to queue for stuff and go with that, the queues are annoying but they're inevitable and you just have to do it! Even in July, I don't think we've evr queued for more than 45 minutes for something. If you can, stay in the parks late. We found this on our last trip, when we went to HS for Fantasmic me and my brother got on Tower of Terror twice in the space of 10 minutes after the show and the queue for Rock n Roller Coaster had gone right down to 15 mins. Alternatively do your research before you go and work out which rides have the highest waiting times and get to the parks really early and get those out the way. Before we went I used the My Disney Experience app and looked out which times of day queues for certain rides were best.

It's time consuming but having a plan is definitely the best way around the crowds in peak times! Hope you have a fabulous time:earboy2:

We usually go the last week of July, and we love it. Early mornings at the parks, and flexibility are the key. Yes, it is hot but afternoons in the pool and then back to the parks in the evening work well for my family.

We've been for 10+ days including July 4th two years in a row, and I just love it. I'm think there's an extra sense of anticipation/celebration in the crowds, with emphasis on fireworks, etc.

If you have a plan (hope no one else has said that already), use morning EMH, and have a go-with-the-flow attitude, it can be a great vacation.

You will have a great time! There are wonderful tips here. Being prepared is key. Dress comfortably, rest as necessary (find a shady bench or grove and people-watch!), stay hydrated and duck into air conditioned attractions whenever you see them. It really is helpful to start out as early as you can and use the hottest part of the day to regroup, refresh and refuel. Doing so goes a long way towards avoiding melt-downs, literally and figuratively!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter