Disney in January

Hi minniemomof3,

I have gone the majority of my trips in January (3rd week to be exact). I have all but one week had low 20's to mid 20's all week. It does get cold at night and pants and sweater are required. Sometimes it's cold enough to wear that stuff during the day, but at that point the CM's are in ski hats and mitts lol.

Have a great time!

Regs,

CJM

We, too, are January Disney travelers...we have seen temperatures in the daytime from 37 degrees fahrenheit (a few degrees C) to high 80's F (high 20's C)...night times are usually chilly (average for us was low 50's F, ~10 C)...I would suggest to bring clothes for all temperatures, from swimwear and shorts to heavier coats with mitts, especially for the nighttime shows like Illuminations and Fantasmic. Remember, the water at the water parks and the resort pools are heated!...so even though it's cold outside, the kids are still swimming :crazy:

At the parks, we usually wore shorts and a sweater on top of a t-shirt and brought jeans and a light jacket, then we would grab a locker at the park and changed accordingly...sometimes we packed a bathing suit (ie. Kali River Rapids and Splash Mountain)...check the weather forecast before heading out.

Another January Disney family :thumbsup2

We have experienced cool weather (sweater & pants) to warm weather (laying in the sun by the pool)

Its actually great weather for doing the parks in comfortable temperatures.

The only downfall for going in January you cant pack light as you have to have variety of clothes to be ready for any temperature.

Have fun

Angela

Yet another January family :)
Like said, pack a range of clothing for all types of weather. Rain, sun, cold days, hot days- it's possible that during your vacation you'll get all of those mentioned.
Even though it can get chilly, we usually still find it okay to swim, with the expception of the few days we wear mittens :goodvibes
Hope your vacation is loads of fun!
-merfsko

January is a GREAT time of year to visit as low crowds are ALWAYS a bonus! :thumbsup2

Last time we were there, we were swimming at the Keister Coaster at the Boardwalk and the lifeguard said to us "you can always tell who the tourists from up North are, they are the only ones out swimming in this cold weather." :lmao:

Poor guy probably doesn't even know what cold is. :rotfl:

We too have experienced January at Disney, and ditto to all the above. You've basically got to be ready for anything, but most likely cooler weather.

We were there this past Jan (15-23) 2006 and had beautiful weather, high 70's low 80's everyday. But we were told by many locals that this was very unusual.....better then the freezing temps back home.

My last trip was from Jan 4th-22nd/06 and it was awesome. Weather was great, crowds were low and the kids were brave enough to try new rides. I would suggest bringing clothes for all types of weather but not over packing. Being a single dad traveling with 2 boys you'd think I would have only packed 1 pair of shorts and a t-shirt for each of us but instead I packed way too much. :confused3It's tough lugging 3 large suitcases and 2 boys 6,8, with their carryones through an airport, never again!!! When we go back in November, I plan on packing for each of us - 2 Pairs of pants(1 being jeans), 2 pairs of shorts, 2 swim suits, 4 t-shirts, 2 long sleeved shirts, 1 hoody, sandles, socks, underwear, hats, sunglasses and etc...... Now, we will be wearing a light jacket, mitts, a touque and shoes to the airport so no need to pack those but they may come in handy on chilly nights. I found myself doing laundry in the afternoon while the boys were swimming so they only wore 1/3rd of the clothes I brought not to mention all the clothes we bought. Enjoy the weather because no matter what, it'll be warmer than at home. Also check out this website for the weather history for your dates, wunderground.com. It gives averages, highs, lows, precipitation, and wind. It made me feel alot more at ease about booking in January.

Another January traveller here! The biggest benefit is lack of crowds, the biggest drawback is uncertainty about the weather. That being said, it's still a whole lot warmer than Canada!!! We've had beautiful weather - mid 70's - to downright nippy stuff - low 40's. As the saying goes, "Be prepared!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter