Disney in Easter or August 09

London Calling

Mouseketeer
I had been planning a visit to Disney next Easter but have been told that its going to be very busy. I would be arrving in Orlando around 27th March and plan to spend first week in Disney and then 2nd week at Universal and shopping etc

My only other option would be to travel towards the end of August 2009 leaving around 23/08/09 and returning around 06/09/09.

However, Im not sure when American kids go back to school, would they have gone back by then and will it be quieter than when I plan to go in late March ?

Also isnt late August hurrican season in Florida ?

Thanks

::yes:: I work with a physician who took his family over Easter this last year, and while busy they had a great time. The weather was nice a mild warm and they got to do lots of rides and shows. I am not sure how Labor day is in WDW. It is the first Monday of September and a very popular Holiday here. With gas prices soaring and Americans not being used to it, they may not be traveling quite as much around that time. School should have started back for many. I vote for the last Aug/Sept trip. We live on the Gulf Coast and yes it is Hurricane season in the summer months. With Orlando being more inland and not right on the Coast, you are a little more protected. You can always insure the trip and make sure that it includes acts of God and such....The times people have been on vacation in WDW during a hurricane, the staff took care of them with boxed lunches and stuff and I think confined people to their rooms until it passed. Hurricanes only last several hours and are followed by beautiful weather--in my experience. You could look at it this way.....where else would you want to be during a hurricane....I would pick WDW any day:banana:

Im going in Easter 09 and ive been told the weathers LOVELY! Im afraid it is packed, but i think itll be worth it. August is supposed to be boiling, and packed. Ive been in May and October before 2 times and i would say the best month is October. Weathers great and its not too packed + Mickeys Scary Halloween Party is top notch, been there 2 times ,2004 + 2007, you seriously cant miss it.Dont forget your costumes!:scared1: :eek: :scared: :goodvibes Only problem is that Augast and October are hurrican seasons. Guess what! Ive been in a hurrican. Hurrican Jean , 2004. Its scary to think of it, but hardly anything was damaged and no one was hurt.( big sigh then) .

We are also going during Easter from April 8-17th. I also heard that it is busy but I can no longer stand the heat. Since my DH is a teacher and most schools are out during that week in April we will be there with the crowds. I have also gone in August and it is HOT!!! Too hot for me.

The DIS information on crowds at Easter is always busy; however, if you were to choose the August date with the dates you listed free dining would be available. I believe that the free dining plan includes 1 CS, 1 TS and 1 Snack per day. If might be something you want to consider. Also, while the temperature is hotter and more humid in August, the kids are back in school around the middle of August. The only problem I have had going in August is that MK and the waterparks are extremely busy on the week-ends.

:disrocks: :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter