• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney in early December questions

campinggirl

Earning My Ears
Going to Disney December 9-13. How are the crowds at this time and should we stay away or go the extra Magic hours parks?

My DH and I used to go every year at that time. It's not usually that crowded and the decorations are beautiful.

The extra magic hours in the morning weren't too bad. We never went to the night extra hours.

how is the weather during that time? we're going dec 7 - 14.

Well, it's a toss up. The last time we were there in early December, the first few days were hot and humid. The last few days were cold and windy. We were there for ten days.

I would pack a swimsuit, shorts and jeans, T shirts and sweatshirts and jackets. Be prepared for everything.

campinggirl said:
Going to Disney December 9-13. How are the crowds at this time and should we stay away or go the extra Magic hours parks?

The new MK expansion opens the 6th so mm will be busy that week.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

The period between Thanksgiving and mid-December is one of the periods when crowds are smallest. And using the Extra Magic Hours in the morning definitely helps: during that very first hour, you can walk on to a number of rides which will have long lines already before noon.

That said, it seems that the crowds are larger year after year, no matter when you go. And it's hard to tell how the opening of the Enchanted Forest in Fantasyland on December 6 will affect things. Since the New Fantasyland is being opened in stages, my guess is that there will be somewhat more people in Magic Kingdom, but the impact on the other parks during mid-December should not be too bad. Around Christmas, however, the MK will probably be jammed.

how is the weather during that time? we're going dec 7 - 14.

In Orlando, the temperature in early December is usually in the 60s, and could get up to the 70s. (You'll still appreciate a wrap if you stay during the evening to see IllumiNations or Fantasmic.) Last time we were there in early December, however - in 2010 - there was a cold snap. Brrrr - temperatures got down to freezing!

Welcome to the dis,

These may help some..

http://www.easywdw.com/category/disneybest/besttime/

http://www.easywdw.com/category/calendar/12-december-2012-crowd-calendar/

I visit every year at that time, this year, 12/4-12. As said, decorations are beautiful along with a number of attractions/events for that time of the year...Osborne Lights, Candlelight Processional, Mickey's Christmas Party in the Magic Kingdom, etc. Weather is generally great, but it can be on the warm side, or the very cold side. As said, in 2010, it was freezing for most of my stay that year. Best to pack everything from shorts to heavy jackets, hats and gloves.

It is less crowded than most other times of the year, but not as uncrowded as in the past. Disney marketing is good with getting the bodies to the resort, with such things as 'free' dining and other promotions.

Is is though, one of the best times of the year to visit. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter