disney in december

martinoqt

Earning My Ears
:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

going to disney in december.. i was wondering if anyone has gone in december. how is the weather. i was hoping for 70-8-. don't really want to go if it going to be below 70.
anyone???? : :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Hi.

I was at Disney in early December last year. The weather was Mid to Upper 70's even reaching 80's during the day. However, once the sun went down it was much cooler. I would say low 60's possibly even upper 50's. I wore pants and a long sleeved shirt at night and was very comfortable. (But remember, I am from New England, and it gets COLD up here in the winter)

In my opinion that is perfect weather. But thats just me! ;)

No way to tell until right before you go. December is unpredictable in Orlando. Some days could be near 80 but you could also have some mornings in the 30s with highs near 50.

I agree that you are just going to have to wait until right before you go and check weather.com or what ever web site you choose to check Orlando's weather. The week we went they had a cold snap and I wore jeans and long sleeved shirt the whole time. At night and early mornings was very cold and the kids wore their coats and Micky and Minnie Santa hats. We rode Splash during the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and had a log to ourselves and the picture is weird looking cause we all have on our winter coats!!! But the week before our trip, people's pictures all have them in shorts. I was prepared for the cold since I had checked the forecast. You will enjoy yourself even if it is cool. It is more holiday like that way.

I live here in Florida(about 100 miles away from Disney :cheer2: ) and almost every Christmas day I can remember we wore shorts! I was born in Florida so any temp under 70 is cold :cold: to me. We went and stayed at POFQ last Christmas and we went ::yes:: swimming! When we got out the heated pool we were cold but not freezing. We took our coats to the MVMCP and ended up taking them off because we were boiling! I would say pack pants and short sleeves and maybe a few shorts. A sweater or light jacket is good but not anything too heavy. Hope that helps a little :confused3

DH 30 :earsboy:
DW 32 :earsgirl:
DD 8 princess: Jasmine
DD 7 princess: Ariel
DS 4 pirate: Capt Jack
DD 16 months princess: Belle

The South's weather is very unpredictable in the winter. You can have upper 20's in the morning and be in the 70's by the evening. You can also the chance of it being hot one day and really cold the next. If you are from the North you may be able to get away with a light jacket for most of your trip. We just watch the weather right before we leave and pack for both types of weather. We also layer a lot. The yoga or jogging suits that are popular now are great. We make sure to bring gloves and hats from home, they are quite expensive to buy in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter