disney in december

martinoqt

Earning My Ears
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :paw:
i was wondering if anyone has been to disney in december? what has been your experiences with the weather.
i am thinking of going but really do not want to go if the weather is below 70.

There is no guarantee to the weather in FL in December. My DH and I go every Dec or Jan. We have had great weather during most of our Dec vacations but there have been a few where it was down right nippy, especially in the eve (we wore gloves to MVMCP) and early mornings on the golf course. And we have also had a few trips where it was down right hot (90's). But these trips were not typical. Dec is my favorite time at Disney. Chances are days will be in the 70's to low 80's.... but NO GUARANTEE. One good thing is Dec is usually pretty dry. We have only ever had one trip where it rained several of the days. Have fun!!!

We went in dec afew yrs ago, and we lucked out. high 70's at night, mid 80's during the day, our fav time of yr in DW.

We went right after Christmas one year and the weather was delightful--for the first 3 days. Then it turned bitter cold, damp, and spitting snow. :earseek: We had to go out and buy gloves, hats, etc. So our pictures are weird--half show us in shirt sleeves and the rest show us bundled up like we're in Chicago.

:flower3: One thing you can always count on--you can't count on Orlando's winter weather.

Dec. is our fav time of year at WDW. We have been on a couple of occasions where it got pretty cold. But in most Decembers it has been nice, low 70s/mid 80s. Go and enjoy! The Christmas decorations are up and it makes for an even more festive WDW.

Last year the weather was absolutely beautiful! Our family brought sweaters (pull over types that you can tie around your waist when you get hot) and we didn't wear them once!!

I'd definitely bring sweaters just in case, but t-shirts or comfy clothes also just in case it's unseasonably hot. :sunny:

Well, we were there last year and had a few days of REALLY COLD weather. But hey, we were at Disney and still had a good time. You just never know. The parks are beautiful and before christmas the attendance is lower. I say pack a few extra things just in case and go.

The link to my trip report is in my signature - but just to show you that we weren't discourage by our "cold spell," we just finished booking a trip for Dec 9 - 16, 2005!

Can't wait!

i live here in florida, and it gets colder in orlando than it does here in s fla.

the only thing i can tell you to do is go to one of those weather sites (i usually do accuweather.com) that has a 10 day forcast. not that it is always correct, but at least you can get a close account of the temperature.

i live here in fla and i know that it gets really cold at times, and the last time i went to disney, i ended up spending $200 for sweatshirts/jackets for my self and my kids....and believe me, it is hard to find stuff at disney for kids when it gets cold...it always seems like my kids are the same size as all the kids there!!! if i was going to pay $35 per sweatshirt jacket, i wanted them slightly bigger so they can use them next year too!!! and this was mid march!!! not december!!!

just with the girl scout motto in mind...always be prepared!!!!!!

I wonder what you all consider cold weather? I live in So. Calif. so it's really warm most of the time, but for me, cold is around below 60 degrees. Cool weather is around 70 degrees. Anything below 60 degrees has to be freezing.

I'll be at WDW in December also. I can't wait! :banana:

Ginarella said:
I wonder what you all consider cold weather? I live in So. Calif. so it's really warm most of the time, but for me, cold is around below 60 degrees. Cool weather is around 70 degrees. Anything below 60 degrees has to be freezing.

I'll be at WDW in December also. I can't wait! :banana:
We were at WDW during the second week of December '04: some days had a high near 80, our last two days were low 60's, but the nights of those last two days were chilling to say the least (~50). Be sure to pack somethings to layer just in case....shivering through Osborne Lights isn't recommended!

We are going next dec and we will be coming from about 20 above. our winters get to 20 below for a while every winter and I can't to go from cold weather to shorts in dec in disney. wow heat wave we'll be having.

we go in december only and have found the weather to be cold at times, we just wear pants and go to walmart and get some little gloves for a dollas, wrap up and we carry on, i think i would rather have the cool air then the hot sun

Ginarella, Since I'm from Fla originally I'm a lot like you... at 60 degrees I'm freezing!! 75 to 80 for me is perfect, anything lower and those sweaters are on!

HappyLawyer said:
we go in december only and have found the weather to be cold at times, we just wear pants and go to walmart and get some little gloves for a dollas, wrap up and we carry on, i think i would rather have the cool air then the hot sun
cooler rather than hot sun- amen to that!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter