Disney hotels without an entrance to the room from outside?

Jackiet123

Earning My Ears
Are there any Disney hotels that are under $200 a night where the entrance to the room isn't from the outside? I will be traveling alone with the kids and feel more comfortable entering my room from an interior entrance. I haven't been able to find one from my research so I'm booked at the Holiday Inn Buena Vista (may change it to the Doubletree Suites Buena Vista) which are highly recommended but I'd rather stay on property. Thanks

Only the deluxe resorts and the art of animation suites have interior entrances. You'd be hard pressed to find either of those for under $200/night. That said, Disney is very safe and I'd have no issue traveling alone with my daughter and staying in a value or moderate resort.

Only the AoA family suites and deluxe rooms have interior hallways, and neither was under $200 a night. The AoA suites might be close depending on when you're going. The Swan and Dolphin might be another option to consider. They would still be over $200, but not as much as a deluxe.

Thanks. I am willing to go up the price a little. I will check those out. The animation resort looked like it would give me a headache!:hyper:

I know many people feel safer in a room that is accessed by an interior hallway vs directly from the outside, but.....I used to feel that way. But to be honest, I actually feel safer in a room accessed from the outside. I own DVC at BWV and BLT. I normally stay at a DVC resort most of the time. But I have to tell you....I get very nudgy when walking down some of those hallways by myself. I seldom feel nervous walking to a room at Pop or the All Stars. Those resorts are very well lit. I've walked back to my room in the wee hours of the morning with no nervousness.
Just something to think about.

Are there any Disney hotels that are under $200 a night where the entrance to the room isn't from the outside? I will be traveling alone with the kids and feel more comfortable entering my room from an interior entrance. I haven't been able to find one from my research so I'm booked at the Holiday Inn Buena Vista (may change it to the Doubletree Suites Buena Vista) which are highly recommended but I'd rather stay on property. Thanks

I the same way-never an exterior corridor when traveling alone. Except at Disney World, i don't feel unsafe.

That said, AOA and deluxe hotels are you only bets for interior corridor.

Thanks. I am willing to go up the price a little. I will check those out. The animation resort looked like it would give me a headache!:hyper:

The least expensive hotels of the deluxes are usually WL & AKL.
My dh is the same way. It creeps him out to have a window next to the door & that people walking past our door could see in if our curtains aren't thoroughly closed.
We always request a 2nd floor or higher so unless they want to climb up to our balcony, they won't be looking in. I think there are plenty of people with strollers & ECVs requesting first floor rooms that we never have a problem getting our request. :thumbsup2

I the same way-never an exterior corridor when traveling alone. Except at Disney World, i don't feel unsafe.

That said, Little Mermaid rooms at AOA (least expensive) and deluxe hotels are you only bets for interior corridor.

LM rooms are exterior corridors, I do believe??

I always travel with my daughter, and have never felt unsafe in either inside or outside corridors.

That said, Little Mermaid rooms at AOA (least expensive) and deluxe hotels are you only bets for interior corridor.
The LM rooms all have exterior entrances. The suites have interior entrances....Lion King, Nemo, Cars.

OP when we travel places other than WDW we always book a hotel with an interior entrance even if it cost more. But at WDW we feel very comfortable staying at POFQ with the outside door. While you have to be careful everywhere including WDW, the Disney hotels aren't right off the interstate or a on a main road.
Even with a ground floor room not that many people go by.

OP I understand what you mean by staying at hotels with interior entrances. However, I have traveled alone twice with two children and I felt very safe staying at hotels at Disney with exterior entrances. Other non-Disney hotels I wouldn't bother.

The Swan and Dolphin offer teacher, nurse, and govt discounts if that helps

And AAA discounts. The S/D rate can be under $200 a night. Just make sure to add in the resort fee to get the actual rate. I believe it's $23 per night, unless it's changed recently.

If having an inside hallway is an absolute must, then I would rent points for a studio. I do agree with the others though that Disney hotels are much safer than interstate stops. :thumbsup2

I have visited WDW alone twice since I was in Orlando on business. Once I stayed at CBR and once at POR. I couldn't have felt safer.

The dark interior hallway at WL kind of gave me the creeps though...

And AAA discounts. The S/D rate can be under $200 a night. Just make sure to add in the resort fee to get the actual rate. I believe it's $23 per night, unless it's changed recently.

And parking which is $16/day I believe if you'll have a car.

As much as I LOVE AKL, I will agree that the long, dark, QUIET hallways are far creepier at off hours than the outdoors walk to my room at Pop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter